IRoad In-Car Camera Recorder Users

Johny_walker

Using v9s2 now and have reduce the motion sensitivity for parking to "lower" but the recording seems to cut off (<12.3v) after 17 hours.

Car is merely 3 mths old nia dunno how long can the car battery last.  [sweatdrop]

Wondering will it helps if I off the blinking light.

↡ Advertisement

advise u to go back to corvit office for 1-to-1 replacement.

got mine for way much lower during my club's group buy :)

Went to Corvit and replaced with new one (they discovered flickering when high beam on it). Apparently parking mode will reduce from 30fps to 15fps to save storage space and power ,despite I got high storage and external battery but the setting can't be adjusted at the moment. Hope will have adjustable setting in future.

Using v9s2 now and have reduce the motion sensitivity for parking to "lower" but the recording seems to cut off (<12.3v) after 17 hours.

Car is merely 3 mths old nia dunno how long can the car battery last.  [sweatdrop]

Wondering will it helps if I off the blinking light.

That's why I installed external battery pack, no longer worry about the power issue. Although costly but save a lot of hassle and worry-free. Afterall, car battery is more expensive to replace than power pack. :)

Went to Corvit and replaced with new one (they discovered flickering when high beam on it). Apparently parking mode will reduce from 30fps to 15fps to save storage space and power ,despite I got high storage and external battery but the setting can't be adjusted at the moment. Hope will have adjustable setting in future.

That's why I installed external battery pack, no longer worry about the power issue. Although costly but save a lot of hassle and worry-free. Afterall, car battery is more expensive to replace than power pack. :)

err how much is ur car battery? How much is your power pack?

• Praise 1

err how much is ur car battery? How much is your power pack?

My car batt around $300+. The powerpack if I'm not wrong $270 after discount. As mentioned the powerpack is not super cheap like $50 powerbank, but it eliminates the worry of having to depend on your car battery. So car battery for car, powerpack for camera. Both run on its own without disturbing each other. 

yeah I think so too...

Only problem is sometimes car batt dies without warning. so more hassle

If nothing happens no issue, if touch wood something happens and it failed to capture, that's the worst. You confirm curse swear and trash the dashcam  :a-bang: . While putting road accidents aside, carpark accidents are also frequent, either direct hit or scratched. And in most cases the culprit just act blur and drive off without leaving contacts (happened to me before). Dashcam is the only defence against this, that's why I rather heartache once and free from worry for long-term. 

I think a car battery is cheaper than those power pack.

Well if the difference is few thousand dollars okay la make sense. But then this one the difference is only a hundred or less. Avoid 2 restaurant meals you can cover back already. 

My car batt around $300+. The powerpack if I'm not wrong $270 after discount. As mentioned the powerpack is not super cheap like $50 powerbank, but it eliminates the worry of having to depend on your car battery. So car battery for car, powerpack for camera. Both run on its own without disturbing each other. 

What car battery is that? 

What car battery is that? 

Varta AGM. A good car battery can last 3-4 years on average. But with dashcam 2CH it will definitely drain a lot. And if it's 24/7 recording or longer time lapse it will drain even more. Heard some of my friends within 1.5 years need change battery, even when using strong and expensive ones.

Edited by Maskingtape

Varta AGM. A good car battery can last 3-4 years on average. But with dashcam 2CH it will definitely drain a lot. And if it's 24/7 recording or longer time lapse it will drain even more. Heard some of my friends within 1.5 years need change battery, even when using strong and expensive ones.

Nowadays with the amount of electronics onboard, car batteries typically last less than 2 years. I never have one that last more than 2 years for the few cars I had in last 11 years, and I mostly on stock ICE and not blasting, and my car DVR never on parking mode.

And a reasonably good car battery should not cost more than $200 unless you think only the best can do for you, unless is those start-stop type.

And do not think a additional power pack will solve all issues. It is still being charged by the car alternator. So if you only drive short distances everyday, it might not be charged long enough to handle parking mode eventually.

anyone can help?

I can't connect to my handphone. happened only today. when I click registration..it lead to connect. Than connection fail.

You need to press the small button beside power button to activate user registration. 

Nowadays with the amount of electronics onboard, car batteries typically last less than 2 years. I never have one that last more than 2 years for the few cars I had in last 11 years, and I mostly on stock ICE and not blasting, and my car DVR never on parking mode.

And a reasonably good car battery should not cost more than $200 unless you think only the best can do for you, unless is those start-stop type.

And do not think a additional power pack will solve all issues. It is still being charged by the car alternator. So if you only drive short distances everyday, it might not be charged long enough to handle parking mode eventually.

The powerpack recharges from empty to full in 45mins, and can last for at least 15hrs for my cam (tested). There's a bigger one but I didn't get that since I drive everyday so I don't need more storage. If you are on the road for at least 30mins everyday, it won't be an issue. 

Yes it still charges via car alternator, but I feel it is still in a way less harmful since it will only charge when the engine's running. It is the same theory as to having your lights on when your engine's running vs engine off. If you leave your lights on for one night without engine running, no matter how strong the battery you have it will weaken overnight. I know some people set their parking mode to be more sensitive and longer recording timing. This means it will eat up their car battery even more when engine's not running. 

My car battery last me for 3+ years already, vs a $150 car battery which i used in the past and need change every year. There's even more expensive car battery that goes up to $400-$500 mark. I'm not sure the technical specs behind it, if someone do research I think they can find out more. 

Agreed. Mine just die on me last week, car battery was only 1 year 5 months, with 24/7 on all the time V9 .

Wanted to change to better battery like Varta AGM, Bosch S5,etc to last but the shop said with my driving pattern (short distances, everyday), simi battery also cannot last.

I covered only 19k for 1 year 5 months.

You need to press the small button beside power button to activate user registration.

Double press 100 over times. Connection gave me 70% and follow by connection fail msg.

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, recently my iroad V9S2 did not record video in Normal Folder while in driving mode. I checked the Normal Folder only have wifi connected/disconnect wifi information. The Event Folder recorded shock/motion short video clip while in driving mode. My firmware version is 3.0.0.3.R u guys facing similar problem?

Double press 100 over times. Connection gave me 70% and follow by connection fail msg.

OK a follow up on my connection to handsome issue.

Solved...reset my phone back to default. All work well now.

↡ Advertisement