2015 Nissan Serena S-Hybrid 2.0 MPV

Zavi

I am thinking if it make sense to settle the loan immediately after we collect the car?

Interest for $30,000 is $686.70.

Penalty for settle in full immediately = 20% of $686.70 + 1% of $30,000 = $437.34.

Saving on interest = $249.36

I wasn't aware that we can settle the loan immediately upon collection of car. This is something worth considering if there's no other penalties involved.

↡ Advertisement

I am thinking if it make sense to settle the loan immediately after we collect the car?

Penalty for settle in full immediately = 20% of $686.70 + 1% of $30,000 = $437.34. 

Must you return the financial discount of $1.5k?

Penalty for settle in full immediately = 20% of $686.70 + 1% of $30,000 = $437.34. 

Then you might as well take the 30K and put into FD.

UOB offering 1.6% for 13 months. You get $480 of interest income in a year to offset the interest cost of $686. 

• Praise 1

Hi saw the Serena clip intro from youtube at 3:57 it has compartment under the 2nd row seat. Can any owner confirm this? Thought those extra compartment under the seat are cool.

8Enc688.jpg

Edited by Ahben9

Hi saw the Serena clip intro from youtube at 3:57 it has compartment under the 2nd row seat. Can any owner confirm this? Thought those extra compartment under the seat are cool.

It is a small storage space for Tyre repair kit. When the cushion is lifted up, the seat can move forward further, in case we need to move bulky items. The left seat cushion cannot be open.  

Hi Serena bros out there.

Anyone know of how to purchase of Serena C26 accessories in Malaysia? Looking for a rear spoiler to fix up this beauty.

Thank you

I wonder how the drive of Serena as compare to Voxy anyone care to comment?

The weight of Serena seems to be lighter than Voxy so I guessed the drive would probably be faster acceleration?

To me, it's better than hiding behind sgcarmart. Haha....

Maybe when the craze comes on, half a page will be possible. Maybe now no budget for advertising.

To me, it's better than hiding behind sgcarmart. Haha....

Maybe when the craze comes on, half a page will be possible. Maybe now no budget for advertising.

Serena is unlike Triplets and StepWGN. These two are brought in by many PIs, which fill the Toyota and Honda classified sections with Voxy,Esquire and StepWGN ads. Serena is only by T8, which only uses such a small ads space. To really compete, T8 should follow Biante's half a page advertisement every sat. Otherwise, Serena will forever be a super minor minority. Nonetheless, like you said, small is better than none. 

Serena is unlike Triplets and StepWGN. These two are brought in by many PIs, which fill the Toyota and Honda classified sections with Voxy,Esquire and StepWGN ads. Serena is only by T8, which only uses such a small ads space. To really compete, T8 should follow Biante's half a page advertisement every sat. Otherwise, Serena will forever be a super minor minority. Nonetheless, like you said, small is better than none. 

Don't say biante until so high profile leh. Most time when Eurokar advertise, biante is missing in action haha.

Anyway it is good that Serena is sold n Malaysia under AD. If I really had been smitten by this ride and T8 Gallery not related to TC but just another PI, I would not mind driving up North, eg KL,  half yearly during school holidays to do servicing there and take the chance to do some shopping. 1 stone 2 birds.

Don't say biante until so high profile leh. Most time when Eurokar advertise, biante is missing in action haha.

Anyway it is good that Serena is sold n Malaysia under AD. If I really had been smitten by this ride and T8 Gallery not related to TC but just another PI, I would not mind driving up North, eg KL, half yearly during school holidays to do servicing there and take the chance to do some shopping. 1 stone 2 birds.

You can still do that after 3 years warranty is over.

You can still do that after 3 years warranty is over.

I not so rich to change car so often lah. Anyway I do not regard any of the minivan as lagging far behind its peers, so not much incentive to change from one to another within short time.

Or you mean to bring my biante up north for servicing after warranty over? I not so incline to do that as do not feel really safe there, though really do-able as it is carried by AD there. Definitely cheaper and also 1 stone 2 birds. Actually 1 of the activities that the Biant club or Serena club or even triplets club could do is to organise these kind of servicing outing up North every 6th monthly, for shopping as well. Sure to be popular with current exchange rate. Just need some persuasion from any lao jiao within the group.

I not so rich to change car so often lah. Anyway I do not regard any of the minivan as lagging far behind its peers, so not much incentive to change from one to another within short time.

Or you mean to bring my biante up north for servicing after warranty over? I not so incline to do that as do not feel really safe there, though really do-able as it is carried by AD there. Definitely cheaper and also 1 stone 2 birds. Actually 1 of the activities that the Biant club or Serena club or even triplets club could do is to organise these kind of servicing outing up North every 6th monthly, for shopping as well. Sure to be popular with current exchange rate. Just need some persuasion from any lao jiao within the group.

Hi,

So sorry didnt catch the part that you are a biante owner. for me as the serena is so popular up north, most likely there will be owners who will service their ride in malaysia after the warranty period.

↡ Advertisement