KIA Stinger GT

Jzachlee

1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

Bikes don't count. 😂

Unless we're hanging out at SBF. 

Sg bike forum. Don't get any farny ideas. 😁

https://www.motor1.com/news/409738/2021-kia-stinger-more-power/

You may wish to wait abit longer. Kia will update the Stinger quite abit this year as a 2021 model. 

Current 3.3L tuning is still not adequate against much more expensive Germans counterparts. So Kia needs to turn up the heat more

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

25 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

https://www.motor1.com/news/409738/2021-kia-stinger-more-power/

You may wish to wait abit longer. Kia will update the Stinger quite abit this year as a 2021 model. 

Current 3.3L tuning is still not adequate against much more expensive Germans counterparts. So Kia needs to turn up the heat more

Haha thanks bro. 👍🏼

I mean, I believe aftermarket tuning can easily push current model to over 400 hp crank, so it's not that big a deal. But good they're upping the power. Make it closer to being an M3 rival. 

Edited by Turboflat4

On 4/15/2020 at 4:47 PM, Skyline23 said:

Thanks all Bros for the reply!

yes, I understand that badge factor will not be as high, but i prefer to have more value for money vehicle. Went to test drive e200 and 520i before and the power is lacking so much from the f10 that the difference is night and day. Personally I feel that no point showing nice car to others when own enjoyment for power and driving dynamics is not there. That’s why I liked the stinger. 

as for the badge, I think I have already enjoyed the conti badge factor enough for past years so for this car if the badge not great it’s not a big deal. 

and yes, I’m referring to the 3.3 V6 and will compare to the Arteon, though from what I read it’s a smaller engine. 

Between these 2, my pick will be the Arteon as I feel it’s a better overall package. Digital cockpit, big sunroof, better interior build quality. The power and torque is attractive but so far, the fastest car I had owned is a 0-100kmh 6.7s Passat. I would like to slowly progress to 5+Sec then 4+sec as continual improvement. 🙂  however, the most attractive part that attracts me in the Arteon has to be the frameless door window.  Feels like a sports car. 

• Praise 2

12 minutes ago, Fat_slayer said:

Between these 2, my pick will be the Arteon as I feel it’s a better overall package. Digital cockpit, big sunroof, better interior build quality. The power and torque is attractive but so far, the fastest car I had owned is a 0-100kmh 6.7s Passat. I would like to slowly progress to 5+Sec then 4+sec as continual improvement. 🙂  however, the most attractive part that attracts me in the Arteon has to be the frameless door window.  Feels like a sports car. 

If he moves from BMW F10 535 to Ah Tiong, it is a performance downgrade.

If he moves from BMW F10 535 to Stinger GT, it is a performance upgrade

• Praise 1

39 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Actually best to test drive the car and have a feel for urself

He test drive before coming to Forum

11 hours ago, Fat_slayer said:

Well I've noticed you've not mentioned the overall reliability between the Ah Tiong and the Stinger.. 😆 esp the GB and electrical parts... :D

Stinger uses alot of Hyundai group corp parts, so some parts for the Cerato will fit in the Stinger as well. The 8AT box is shared among several Hyundai group vehicles so there is economic of scale. All these are well proven parts that has been in use worldwide for years. 

I dare say parts for the Stinger will be easy and affordable to get in SG, and that if u go for the online order route, Hyundai group parts will typically be cheaper than VW anytime of the day. 

Ermm.... frameless door windows are prone to water leakage a few yrs down the road. The rubber seals shrinks and harden quickly in our climate. 

2 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

Well I've noticed you've not mentioned the overall reliability between the Ah Tiong and the Stinger.. 😆 esp the GB and electrical parts... :D

Stinger uses alot of Hyundai group corp parts, so some parts for the Cerato will fit in the Stinger as well. The 8AT box is shared among several Hyundai group vehicles so there is economic of scale. All these are well proven parts that has been in use worldwide for years. 

I dare say parts for the Stinger will be easy and affordable to get in SG, and that if u go for the online order route, Hyundai group parts will typically be cheaper than VW anytime of the day. 

Ermm.... frameless door windows are prone to water leakage a few yrs down the road. The rubber seals shrinks and harden quickly in our climate. 

I have been driving skoda superb for 1.5 yrs, same engine, same size, same fastback as arteon but diff gearbox although same wet one which tend to be proven too. So far no issue at all but normally for conti things will start to fall apart after 3 yrs despite given 5 yrs warranty lol

28 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

I have been driving skoda superb for 1.5 yrs, same engine, same size, same fastback as arteon but diff gearbox although same wet one which tend to be proven too. So far no issue at all but normally for conti things will start to fall apart after 3 yrs despite given 5 yrs warranty lol

Wah so fast 1.5 years liao 

• Praise 2

8 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Wah so fast 1.5 years liao 

Yeah still happy with the car. Actually i did compare to stinger before i bought superb but stinger more ex and less interior space although faster and has better look. Also the kia SE really a snob and heard c&c kia after sales also not that good

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Yeah still happy with the car. Actually i did compare to stinger before i bought superb but stinger more ex and less interior space although faster and has better look. Also the kia SE really a snob and heard c&c kia after sales also not that good

The SE at Ubi branch are generally much more helpful and friendly than the HQ at Leng Kee

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

Any takers? 140k Stinger... just one showroom unit...

image.thumb.png.d0ebfb3f8346efb973abf96a103deb94.png

good deal till the tnc Comes in.

min 50% loan + 7 years....

13 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

He didn’t test the arteon yet. 

He has a specific question and somehow Ah Tiong was dragged into the discussion.

• Haha! 1

I had Arteon and Stinger on my shortlist a few months ago when shopping for an upgrade. 

Arteon is a good all rounder, nothing that is exceptional but you get a lot of good equipment as standard. If you are the type that has a detailed list of your wants when shopping, Arteon is a checks-all-boxes type. 

Stinger def would have better driving engagement with the V6 which cannot be found elsewhere at the price point. May have to live with the less interior/boot space and fuel consumption on the high side of comfortable. 

And, KIA SE gave me the "I don't think you can afford the car for me to bother" treatment when i ask for test drive, so screw C&C 😊

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

Twincharged
1 minute ago, Ganwb79 said:

I had Arteon and Stinger on my shortlist a few months ago when shopping for an upgrade. 

Arteon is a good all rounder, nothing that is exceptional but you get a lot of good equipment as standard. If you are the type that has a detailed list of your wants when shopping, Arteon is a checks-all-boxes type. 

Stinger def would have better driving engagement with the V6 which cannot be found elsewhere at the price point. May have to live with the less interior/boot space and fuel consumption on the high side of comfortable. 

And, KIA SE gave me the "I don't think you can afford the car for me to bother" treatment when i ask for test drive, so screw C&C 😊

always buy the car for what the car is. typically the car lives with you for the next few years. when will you ever get to see the SE again?. Go to another SE if you dislike one.

if you dislike the car agent, then PI or self import.

For me, a shitty SE will never stop me. although a shitty AD might.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2