Honda Vezel - Part 3

Lightsabre

Hi bros,

My Vezel rpm at waiting moving between 600-800(agak-agak value). From 800 drop to 600 then up to 800 again(drop "slowly").

Some time can feel vibration if the rpm move up fast. 

Any advise?

I don't have much knowledge on car so don't want to become carrot head when visit workshop.

Hi bros,

My Vezel rpm at waiting moving between 600-800(agak-agak value). From 800 drop to 600 then up to 800 again(drop "slowly").

Some time can feel vibration if the rpm move up fast.

Any advise?

I don't have much knowledge on car so don't want to become carrot head when visit workshop.

switch off your air con and check any different
  • Praise 1

Same with/without air con ON

questions.

you on econ all times?

you ever pump 98 once a while or all the times 95?

you try off econ and next full tank pump 98 or higher. finish the full tank see whether any miss fire during idling.

is common in vezel/shuttle. don't worry.

• Praise 2

questions.

you on econ all times?

you try off econ and next full tank pump 98 or higher. finish the full tank see whether any miss fire during idling.

Ya Eco at all times in Singapore.

Normally I pump 95 occasionally 98.

Will try your advise when possible.

Not know this is common issue on Vezel/Shuttle. Tks for info

your ride how old and mileage ?

2.5yrs and 70K+ mileage..........

questions.

you on econ all times?

Hmm, I thought I read somewhere that the JDM Vezel/Shuttle are designed for regular (= RON89) so even RON92 should be ok? 

I might be confused or have misread something...

Ya Eco at all times in Singapore.

Normally I pump 95 occasionally 98.

Will try your advise when possible.

Not know this is common issue on Vezel/Shuttle. Tks for info

2.5yrs and 70K+ mileage..........

May be carbon build up already considering this a Direct Injection engine.
  • Praise 1

Hmm, I thought I read somewhere that the JDM Vezel/Shuttle are designed for regular (= RON89) so even RON92 should be ok?

I might be confused or have misread something...

petrol grade shouldn't be a problem. Is the petrol grade couple with econ mode on all the times.

Apparently it clogged due to the econ mode and caused the misfiring during idling at traffic light. Mechanics said so and it worked for me. Now I still pump 95 with econ mode off. Once a while I still on econ mode but not at all times. No more misfiring at idling.

Edited by Kopites

petrol grade shouldn't be a problem. Is the petrol grade couple with econ mode on all the times.

Apparently it clogged due to the econ mode and caused the misfiring during idling at traffic light. Mechanics said so and it worked for me. Now I still pump 95 with econ mode off. Once a while I still on econ mode but not at all times. No more misfiring at idling.

I see.  So whatever this is, it is not permanent?  Just turn off eco mode and issue will go away after it sorta "unclogs"?

I see. So whatever this is, it is not permanent? Just turn off eco mode and issue will go away after it sorta "unclogs"?

it worked for though. after 1 to 2 full tank the missfiring gone with econ mode off.

i still pump 95 and on econ when i like crusing slowly.

cannot understand the logic behind this, econ mode caused clogged ? Misfiring ? 

do you means this honda 1.5 DI engine  have design flaw ? 

cannot understand the logic behind this, econ mode caused clogged ? Misfiring ?

do you means this honda 1.5 DI engine have design flaw ?

i am not mechanics. not professional advice.

sent it to workshop. They can rectify.

i am merely sharing my experiences with the misfiring at idling. No harm trying one to two tank with econ mode off. It will cost a few cents to a $dollar for sure. Alot of money!

Up to individual discrection whether to try out my method as advised by my mechanic or sent it to your work shop.

enough say.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

i am not mechanics. not professional advice.

sent it to workshop. They can rectify.

i am merely sharing my experiences with the misfiring at idling. No harm trying one to two tank with econ mode off. It will cost a few cents to a $dollar for sure. Alot of money!

Up to individual discrection whether to try out my method as advised by my mechanic or sent it to your work shop.

enough say.

noted

Redline SI-1.jpg

Can try this Redline SI-1 which helps to clear clogged injectors [nod]

the mechanics did recommended me to add one of such cleaner. i didnt take up the offer as i dont like to add stuff into my fuel tank. Instead upon his advice drive two tanks with econ off. missfiring gone.

the other guy asked me is it designer flaw? how the hell i know. i am not engineer. Just follow instruction and it work for me.

Hearsay that Direct Injection accumulates carbon more easily as compared to Multi Point Injection but dunno how true ... [gossip]

Just to share lah cos I also hearsay niah ... [laugh]

So at times, it is recommended to add some of these cleaners to your fuel tank to do a 'Clean Up' ... [kiss]

↡ Advertisement