2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross

Stratovarius

It's quite a letdown that our SG AD does not bring in the trim c/w (a) ACC, (b) Lane Departure Warning, © Blind Spot Warning & (d) Rear Cross Traffic Alert for the price we are paying. Read online all these are available on middle to premium trims overseas. Wonder why? Also, think SG is the only one tt does not c/w the factory fitted infotainment system but an after-mkt Kenwood DDX917WS..

Anyway bought mine liao..

expecting to collect next week or so.

2 weeks ago, I saw the EclipseX for the 1st time on SG road (at Macpherson ESSO specifically) with SLW plate.. Anyone who's already driving the local model care to share ur ride experience n with the infotainment unit? Thanks.

Honestly, I hardly use the Rear Cross Traffic Alert. Singaporeans park backside first so will have little need for it. Even after a year in Oz, I still park like a Singaporean and have no inclination to park nose first. For the rest, fun to have but not must have. Having it will set the cost of the car way higher, based on benchmarking of average AU to SG car prices (AU price X 4).

For the Kenwood infotainment system, I think the US models are getting it also. I saw it on one California dealership on instagram.

↡ Advertisement

Honestly, I hardly use the Rear Cross Traffic Alert. Singaporeans park backside first so will have little need for it. Even after a year in Oz, I still park like a Singaporean and have no inclination to park nose first. For the rest, fun to have but not must have. Having it will set the cost of the car way higher, based on benchmarking of average AU to SG car prices (AU price X 4).

For the Kenwood infotainment system, I think the US models are getting it also. I saw it on one California dealership on instagram.

Well, I oso agree AD brings in what are necessary n beneficial for SG roads without too much impact to the price.. Hope we r not short-changed though.. Reading all the worldwide specs n reviews on the same car, we r really uniquely SG..:)

Well, I oso agree AD brings in what are necessary n beneficial for SG roads without too much impact to the price.. Hope we r not short-changed though.. Reading all the worldwide specs n reviews on the same car, we r really uniquely SG..:)

That's because of our unique tax structure. What is a good car with useful features usually end up in Singapore like a watered down version

So far, I’ve not had any FCM activations although I just found out the Adaptive Cruise Control can be a bit dodgy at sharp bends or hills. It’s either picking up the gradient or railings. Not drastic but it just slows down a bit.

Latest returns on FC. It went down to 7.7 l/100 km.

i was told for the radar sensing to work at best, it has to be on a straight road. it does not adapt accurately to bend. your point just strengthen this theory from the AD's sale staff. 

7.7L / 100km. that's works out to be 1L to 12.9km. 

i definitely be looking forward to this FE. my current ride honda odyssey is giving me like 1L/6.5km (one of the key reason why i am jumping ship)

It's quite a letdown that our SG AD does not bring in the trim c/w (a) ACC, (b) Lane Departure Warning, © Blind Spot Warning & (d) Rear Cross Traffic Alert for the price we are paying. Read online all these are available on middle to premium trims overseas. Wonder why? Also, think SG is the only one tt does not c/w the factory fitted infotainment system but an after-mkt Kenwood DDX917WS..

Anyway bought mine liao..

expecting to collect next week or so.

2 weeks ago, I saw the EclipseX for the 1st time on SG road (at Macpherson ESSO specifically) with SLW plate.. Anyone who's already driving the local model care to share ur ride experience n with the infotainment unit? Thanks.

take comfort, at least they did not throw in a low end model. 

917 model is only 2nd to dnx9170s (i think, diff of GPS enablement)

i am collecting today. (2nd march) woohoo. 

• Praise 1

true that.

was told they will be bringing in the super all-wheel control sometime later this year. albeit at higher cost and might peg at different VES category.

so perhaps we take comfort that current offering is probably best for us. uniquely sg version. hahaha 

In Australia, I was told park head-first is partly for courtesy reasons.

If you don't do that and park back first instead, the pedestrians or cafe customers behind you have to breath in your exhaust when you blast it to them them when you are reversing into the lot or moving off. 

(edited)

how is this to sweeten the deal?

have a good weekend.!!

8.6 secs. Told ya it feels quick. I went to the parts office in Darwin to check on the accessories. The chap said that there’s a lot of accessories (bonnet protectors, roof fails) coming in the next 2-3 months. I reckon with strong sales, C&C might follow suit. Edited by mirkhan_ariffin

If you don't do that and park back first instead, the pedestrians or cafe customers behind you have to breath in your exhaust when you blast it to them them when you are reversing into the lot or moving off.

I’ve not been told of this but you might be right, buddy. My daughter, who’s taking her driving lessons, said that she will be tested on parking nose first, not back first. But sometimes I think it’s due to nonchalance also. Most people park their vehicles nose first into the garage. Force of habit I guess.

Anyhow, a peek into the monogrammed cap.

post-204435-0-96135900-1520048207_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 1

Very interesting reason to park head in n quite logical as well. Trouble with parking head in is that it can be difficult to come on due to blind spots here in Spore where our car parks are quite narrow n tight. Makes sense in Oz esp if there are pedestrians at the back.

• Praise 6

Dash Mat now available on eBay. Aussie made.

May not be suitable for SG variant bcos of our unique head unit housing..:(
  • Praise 2

i was told for the radar sensing to work at best, it has to be on a straight road. it does not adapt accurately to bend. your point just strengthen this theory from the AD's sale staff. 

7.7L / 100km. that's works out to be 1L to 12.9km. 

i definitely be looking forward to this FE. my current ride honda odyssey is giving me like 1L/6.5km (one of the key reason why i am jumping ship)

take comfort, at least they did not throw in a low end model. 

917 model is only 2nd to dnx9170s (i think, diff of GPS enablement)

i am collecting today. (2nd march) woohoo. 

Bro, having fun with the car yet?

Last night run yielded a 7.4 L/100 km returns. 

post-204435-0-80723300-1520214074_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

@Bullfrog Bro, how's ur ride so far, and experience wif the head unit/sound quality? By the way, is the tonneau cover here already? I'm one of those who have been pestering SE to throw in the tonneau cover. Last heard they r throwing in for all buyers.. Haha! Looking forward to ur feedback. PS. Can collect mine last Sat but not free the entire week; gotta wait till this Sat.. anxious..:P

Bro, having fun with the car yet?

Last night run yielded a 7.4 L/100 km returns. 

i collected last friday. went through almost 2.5hours of guidance with the friendly sales guy. came out from pandan (collection center) to a heavy downpour. haha.

ok, still in run-in mode. FE is about 1L/8km. trying to discipline myself not to go above 2k rpm. the eco mode helps to keep it that way. 

• Praise 2

Supersonic

i collected last friday. went through almost 2.5hours of guidance with the friendly sales guy. came out from pandan (collection center) to a heavy downpour. haha.

ok, still in run-in mode. FE is about 1L/8km. trying to discipline myself not to go above 2k rpm. the eco mode helps to keep it that way. 

cars nowadays still need to run in? 

@Bullfrog Bro, how's ur ride so far, and experience wif the head unit/sound quality? By the way, is the tonneau cover here already? I'm one of those who have been pestering SE to throw in the tonneau cover. Last heard they r throwing in for all buyers.. Haha! Looking forward to ur feedback. PS. Can collect mine last Sat but not free the entire week; gotta wait till this Sat.. anxious..:P

i thought the ride comfort was good. perhaps now is run-in phase. i did not really "ramp" the car yet, the body roll was not as terrible as what the review had been reporting. 

yes, they are honouring all buyer with the rear cover, they will issue you a service note, which will be expected to distributed to all buyer by end march. so, do make sure, you get hold of a yellow service slip to indicate they owe you a rear cover. 

i dun have problem with the HU, in fact comparing to my previous ride (odyssey) tis is a marked improvement in terms of functionality and features wise. sound quality is passable but not overly fantastic. (area for potential upgrade. hee hee)

do try with android auto, 

https://www.androidapksfree.com/apk/android-auto-latest-apk-download/

cars nowadays still need to run in? 

sales guy told me to keep below 2k / rpm for the first 1K. i listen lor. haha

• Praise 1

side note, if anyone knows where to add nice accessories to Eclipse, do give this page a shout out. 

boot tray, magnetic window screen, etc etc

↡ Advertisement