New Honda Shuttle 2015

Carbon82

Twincharged
(edited)

Have you tried other station wagons?

Not fair to compare Shuttle against Sylphy as station wagon will be noisier. Maybe a tonneu cover will help abit, but i never own a Shuttle so cannot try out.

last night when i was going home after work, i stopped at the checkpoint for the security to check the car boot. when i walked to open up my boot i heard a very loud engine behind my car and then i saw it was a mercedes GLC ?

its not the revving sound ... just engine idling and the noise was very much louder than my shuttle idling noise.

no wonder ppl all say these luxury car sound insulation very good .... if it weren't, the drivers would all go bonkers with the noise liow.

btw, shuttle no tonneu cover ... the closest we have got is the same material like the window covers which can be folded = no noise insulation.

other way out will be to do firewall sound proofing ... but dunno how the result will be ... but someone actually did it at the shuttle FB page.

Edited by Ysc3
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi to all shuttle owners,

I test drive the vehicle and will require some advice

I compared Nissan Sylphy and Shuttle (petrol) and will require advice on the following

1. Noise level

Noticeably, Shuttle is more noisy in the the cabin. Is there anyway to reduce the noise level?

Is the sensing variant quieter?

Is it a common issue that Honda engines are louder?

2. Suspension

Yes, i read that the car is quite bumpy. Does installing the cushion buffers help? is the improvement significant?

Will greatly appreciate if any advice can be shared before we decide.

1) noise level- sounds ok to me. so long as can hear the horns of other vehicles.

i think the new Honda earth engines do make a distinctive tick tick sound when idling.. vezel, shuttle and new fit all have.

Edited by Chivas
  • Praise 1

last night when i was going home after work, i stopped at the checkpoint for the security to check the car boot. when i walked to open up my boot i heard a very loud engine behind my car and then i saw it was a mercedes GLC ?

its not the revving sound ... just engine idling and the noise was very much louder than my shuttle idling noise.

no wonder ppl all say these luxury car sound insulation very good .... if it weren't, the drivers would all go bonkers with the noise liow.

btw, shuttle no tonneu cover ... the closest we have got is the same material like the window covers which can be folded = no noise insulation.

other way out will be to do firewall sound proofing ... but dunno how the result will be ... but someone actually did it at the shuttle FB page.

One of the reason why sedan generally are better in insulating noise from the cars behind has been due to the fact that the bonnet is an enclosed space, thus able to better block sound from behind. Hatch backs or station wagons have big void behind which tends to amplify sounds emitted from outside or road. So putting a tonneu cover will definitely help. And it will indirectly help in FC slightly as now the aircon need not work as hard. So a tonneu cover serves other purposes beside providing security for items store in the car.

Twincharged

One of the reason why sedan generally are better in insulating noise from the cars behind has been due to the fact that the bonnet is an enclosed space, thus able to better block sound from behind. Hatch backs or station wagons have big void behind which tends to amplify sounds emitted from outside or road. So putting a tonneu cover will definitely help. And it will indirectly help in FC slightly as now the aircon need not work as hard. So a tonneu cover serves other purposes beside providing security for items store in the car.

I am confused.... You talking about about bonnet or boot?

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys I just gotten my Honda shuttle hybrid 1.5a facelift. But it doesn’t come with LED headlight, no auto headlight, no fog light, no steering control. Why is that so?

I check the car is 2018 car so I thought all facelift model will have all this features ?

Twincharged

Hi guys I just gotten my Honda shuttle hybrid 1.5a facelift. But it doesn’t come with LED headlight, no auto headlight, no fog light, no steering control. Why is that so?

I check the car is 2018 car so I thought all facelift model will have all this features ?

what's s that ??

anyway, all PI's bring in the same basic "empty" model of the car.

but each PI will accessorized their cars differently for sale. so it all depends on what you opted and paid for.

** some even don't have push start button !!

Neutral Newbie

sorry my bad, its Steering Wheel Audio Control. 
Oh wow i didnt know that... means my PI no good la so many sai also dont have. Before i buy they say have this have that but now dont have. Sigh

I though all those shuttle that come in from Japan will have those original LED headlight, foglight like it's basic item from the car itself. 

So next question is those PI that add those LED headlight, foglight all this will pass inspection? 

Have all these been written down in sales agreement? If no, then good luck.

I am not sure where you got that impression,  I assuming most like from Japan website which are meant for their JDM market. The rides could be indented with any features in reality. I used to have the idea that all facelight Shuttle have Honda Sensing as written big big on the Japan Honda website, not realising that there is a very small print that says the ride could be indented without this package if desired.

Neutral Newbie

No it's not been written down in sales agreement cause i thought by default they should have that in the car already. Sales agreement only stated those accessories, sports rim etc etc...

Wa kena liao lor like that. i have just check with some of the dealer near my workplace just now all tell me mostly come with it. if don't i can have the option of having those features with additional top up. the dealer i got from tell me have all this that's why i purchase it from them not thinking much. 

Even if you can change to LED all this i also scare inspection fail 3 years later. Sian sibei sian never do enough homework

• Praise 1

Twincharged

sorry my bad, its Steering Wheel Audio Control. 

Oh wow i didnt know that... means my PI no good la so many sai also dont have. Before i buy they say have this have that but now dont have. Sigh

I though all those shuttle that come in from Japan will have those original LED headlight, foglight like it's basic item from the car itself. 

So next question is those PI that add those LED headlight, foglight all this will pass inspection? 

ok, the lights are a fixed component of the car from the manufacturer and not the PI.

but same thing here, the car is the same but the manufacturer to make a cheaper and a premium model. cheaper being no led and/or foggies.

I got my  car last year and mine is non-led version.

just rem, as long as its from manufacturer, it will pass inspection - else they won't allow it into SG in the first place.

my friend bought his shuttle 1.5G very basic ... china brand HU, non sports rims, no leather seats, no window film ... then all got to in$tall by himself.

Neutral Newbie

True, if is manufactured from Japan then must surely inspection will pass otherwise they can't sell also.

wow, your friend's damage must be huge then. and hopefully if he changes his light, inspection can pass also.

I want LED mainly cause of the good lightening, using Halogen light but not bright enough especially if i am travelling back to msia.

Thanks a lot bro (Y) 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Bro, sorry to say. I think your PI gave u a older facelift version. New 2018 faceilift shuttle come with LED headlight, auto headlights, foglights, steering control. I have encountered a PI who tried to sell me older version too. No keyless start no nothing, all basic thats why i know. 

How much you paid for your shuttle?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

sigh really ? i didn't know that. Mine is a keyless start thou, got it at 86K.

The contract put Honda Shuttle 1.5A Hybrid Facelift i also assume everything will have. upon collection of car then i realise dont have all this item i am like what??

So the sales person told me cause this 1.5A hybrid that i bought is basic one. After this i went to check with other dealer they all tell me new facelift all have those item. I guess i got cheated?

• Praise 1

The contract put Honda Shuttle 1.5A Hybrid Facelift i also assume everything will have. upon collection of car then i realise dont have all this item i am like what??

So the sales person told me cause this 1.5A hybrid that i bought is basic one. After this i went to check with other dealer they all tell me new facelift all have those item. I guess i got cheated?

Honestly I think now you check with other dealers of cos they will say everything have. Just like when you sign with your current PI, I suppose they also say have? But all verbal. Talk is free...

To my understanding, most of these are options, can add/remove.

Aftermarket fog lights can pass if you follow the requirements.

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/modifications_and_vehoffences/modification_guide/modification_allowed.html

Despite all these, hope you enjoy ur new car...your pricing is still okay...now hybrid cheaper than when I bought my petrol.

• Praise 1

bro pls sic your PI so we can avoid them

Neutral Newbie

@Coldstar True that. agree with you but now that I know of this incident after I went through it. I would have written down every single shit down lol.

Oh wow thanks a lot. Any idea on the LED headlight requirement ?

I mean I really do enjoy the ride but all this missing item is making me damn headache and stress. What’s done is done ):

I would rather they tell me earlier and I would have TOP up more to get those original item.

@Jumpmanz Don’t think is a good idea for me to say out the name bro. Sorry but you can pm me the dealer you’re dealing with and I will let you know. In any case now that I learnt the hard way any issue or question direct away and ask me no problem I will make sure you get it right in the contract lol