Needs comment for HU - Pioneer AVH-Z5050BT

Mercur1al

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, jus installed the 5050bt and couldn't get waze on iPhone. Installer called pioneer and pioneer technical service indicated that it's not the HU issue it's waze issue as iPhone iOS 11 is not compatible to the waze version and can't do anything but only to wait for waze to update their app...

But fortunately appradio (not appradio live) on Android can use waze..

Hi all, jus installed the 5050bt and couldn't get waze on iPhone. Installer called pioneer and pioneer technical service indicated that it's not the HU issue it's waze issue as iPhone iOS 11 is not compatible to the waze version and can't do anything but only to wait for waze to update their app...

But fortunately appradio (not appradio live) on Android can use waze..

Just a few posts back somebody had the same problem and fixed with a firmware update.

Neutral Newbie

i have a local set (with warranty) Pioneer AVH-Z5050BT for sale.

Selling due to trading in car to dealer. Let me know if you're interested thanks

Hi , may i know how much are u selling ? Where can u install the set ?

Neutral Newbie

Hi, i just installed 5050 HU. android auto able to work on my samsung and huawei hp. but unfortunately, i facing Waze issue when calculating the location after selected. i can search for the address and it show correctly, but after select on it keep showing calculating and keep spinning only. anyone have any idea or facing the same? latest firmware Updated on 2thMarch2018 able to fix this issue? 

thanks million,

4th Gear

Is the 5050 a new set?  Did you consider 8850 before 5050, according to Pioneer, 5050 is supposedly obsolete.

How much did you pay for it and where ?

Thanks.

Hi, i just installed 5050 HU. android auto able to work on my samsung and huawei hp. but unfortunately, i facing Waze issue when calculating the location after selected. i can search for the address and it show correctly, but after select on it keep showing calculating and keep spinning only. anyone have any idea or facing the same? latest firmware Updated on 2thMarch2018 able to fix this issue? 

thanks million,

Hi, could you share where you have it installed and how much ?

I'm looking at 8850 but your information will be most helpful for my hunt.

Thanks.

Think the stocks have just reached the shops. Saw an audio shop posting in FB yesterday of their first car installed with the Pioneer Z5050BT. 

The boss said the cost is $700+ but if you do other things with them, can give discount.

Screen resolution better than the 8850 but 5050 only comes with 1 USB port while the 8850 has 2.

I was planning to get 8850 originally but will likely switch to 5050 since it has better screen resolution and I do not need 2 USB ports or built-in SD card reader. Plus price is slightly cheaper than the 8850.

• Praise 1

Is the 5050 a new set?  Did you consider 8850 before 5050, according to Pioneer, 5050 is supposedly obsolete.

Thanks.

Thanks.

PM-ed you

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Thanks.

Thanks.

Hi i got it from Malaysia Penang, price at RM1800. 

Hi, no one can answer below issue? no one encounter before? 

thanks million,

• Praise 1

thanks million,

Will definitely try this one.

• Praise 1

thanks million,

I'm planning to install Z5050BT. I'm using AA in my other car and Waze tend to hang or take a super long time to do the routing. I take it as a problem with my phone. I'm using a Samsung.

Neutral Newbie

Wanted to share that I bought my Z5050BT from New Century in SLT. Very happy cos I wasn't asked to buy the newest and greatest. He just recommended me whatever suited my needs. And also let me test the set witH my own USB cables and phones.

I'm at Action Auto at TradeHub 21 right now getting it fixed up. :D

Very excited cos this is my first car. Haha.

Wanted to share that I bought my Z5050BT from New Century in SLT. Very happy cos I wasn't asked to buy the newest and greatest. He just recommended me whatever suited my needs. And also let me test the set witH my own USB cables and phones.

I'm at Action Auto at TradeHub 21 right now getting it fixed up. :D

Very excited cos this is my first car. Haha.

Hi,

I am also deciding between 5050 & 5150. May I know how much u bought if from SLT? PM me please. Thx.

↡ Advertisement