2020/2021 and 2023/2024 Facelift 4th Generation Kia Sorento

Carbon82

1 hour ago, colorfulmouse said:

i just think that nowadays the korean cars are just simply incredible in terms of design and specs. for it's price range, i'd take the Sorento anyday over any other similar price ranged conti cars.

even the jap cars are slowly declining and not as exciting to look forward to anymore.

this is my opinion though. 

I tend to agree. 5-6 yr ago, a colleague bought a lexus ES (i think), and was showing us around in the car. I was so suaku never heard of ventilated seats before, and was so impressed got aircon coming out from the seats...

then merely weeks later, when i was at Kia showroom, saw 1.6L kia k3 also got ventilated seats!!! changed my mind about korean cars immediately.

the only problem is their prices are getting prohibitive...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

42 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

I tend to agree. 5-6 yr ago, a colleague bought a lexus ES (i think), and was showing us around in the car. I was so suaku never heard of ventilated seats before, and was so impressed got aircon coming out from the seats...

then merely weeks later, when i was at Kia showroom, saw 1.6L kia k3 also got ventilated seats!!! changed my mind about korean cars immediately.

prices are getting higher yes. Considering that now Sorento is almost but not quite in direct competition with some of it's conti counterparts, quite exciting to see how these korean brands will go forward in the next 5-7years. Perhaps certain range will completely be in Conti-class and pricing level by then.

With the Sante Fe & Sorento impressing many people i think the image of korean brands looks very promising (price tag also 🙂 ).

• Praise 3

Already some compare merc glb to the new sorrento.

Size wise no way to compete.

Glb has prob nicer interior though. Weaker engine though. Only glb200. Not 250 mah. 

Anyway its a uneven competition.

Perhaps from pricr pov which even glb is pricier anyway

• Praise 1

What's wrong comparing GLB and Sorento? GLE/ GLS with Sorento is not comparable imo. Fair comparison will be GLB250 and sorento but then the pricing is too different. The current GLB200 premium plus (PI) is approx 200k vs 165k for SX Tech.

I struggle to find a decent 7 seater SUV and was looking at GLB until I stumble upon the new Sorento.

1 hour ago, Kevinhwc said:

What's wrong comparing GLB and Sorento? GLE/ GLS with Sorento is not comparable imo. Fair comparison will be GLB250 and sorento but then the pricing is too different. The current GLB200 premium plus (PI) is approx 200k vs 165k for SX Tech.

I struggle to find a decent 7 seater SUV and was looking at GLB until I stumble upon the new Sorento.

GLB 3rd row is not for adults.

most people looking at Sorrento, would probably want decent space (possibly for adults) in 3rd row. Not smart to look at GLB for such needs (decent 3rd row space)...

• Praise 2

That's why I've been saying, there isn't many 7 seater SUV around (that would mean with decent 3rd row). Comparing the GLE and GLS is also not wise coz the price point is way too different. So far, I've seen CX9 but I'm not entirely impressed with the test drive and cockpit. GLB 3rd row, like you mentioned is not fantastic. Honestly, within the 200k range, I can only think of Sorento.

Cx9 was actually made to fight palaside. Tulleride. Pilots. Size wise.

But darn. Somewhat looks big but inside small. Horkay not say small. But the use of space is like errmm. Dunno wtf.

5mtrs on outside leh. But last row n boot cramped. Anywah its been yrs since i last molested the cx9. All i cam rem was back then the interior damn nice at that time.

• Praise 2

43 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

GLB 3rd row is not for adults.

most people looking at Sorrento, would probably want decent space (possibly for adults) in 3rd row. Not smart to look at GLB for such needs (decent 3rd row space)...

Yes thats right. 
For the decent space is confirm Sorento. GLB 3rd row don't have much room space. It is not about brand, but more practical usage. If for brand, then should go for GLB. 

• Praise 1

24 minutes ago, Spurman said:

But darn. Somewhat looks big but inside small. Horkay not say small. But the use of space is like errmm. Dunno wtf.

5mtrs on outside leh. But last row n boot cramped. Anywah its been yrs since i last molested the cx9. All i cam rem was back then the interior damn nice at that time.

i've never looked at CX-9 before. when i was at mazda showroom years ago, they said CX-9 was in the carpark or upstairs, and it was 'close to $200k', so we said never mind...

But if it's not satisfactory in terms of size, then you should go look at infiniti QX80. Sure won't disappoint 😆

• Haha! 3

Agree... for me, it's more of having the option to use 3rd row when needed (but want it to be decent space). If I want a SUV without the need of a 7 seater, I'll go for 5 seater and there are plenty of options.

CX-9 is huge from outside but interior is a let down. Moreover, now, they need to at least refresh the interior to make it attractive (digital dashboard etc)

2 hours ago, Spurman said:

Mazda seems to have such prob.. like mz3.. looks as big n as long as altis, k3, elantra but e passenger seats is no where near the 3.😂

Like i said Korean is no longer like the yester year.. today one r nice, practical and feature packs. 

• Praise 2

8 hours ago, Spurman said:

Yes thats what i notice. Even middle row not as spacious as Q7 given same size or even sorento

i think cx9 has long bonnet and it eats into passenger room. Another possibility is thick seat. If u notice skoda has long wheelbase and short bonnet hence their cars are roomy and bigger boot

• Praise 3

7 hours ago, Ahpan said:

Yes thats right. 
For the decent space is confirm Sorento. GLB 3rd row don't have much room space. It is not about brand, but more practical usage. If for brand, then should go for GLB. 

If 3rd row use occasionally then get GLB 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

On 10/12/2020 at 11:55 PM, Ahpan said:

After looking through so many SUV with 7 seaters. Sorento 2021 is confirm the one to go for. Booked my new ride already! 

Which variant and colour?

Just realised that the headlamp is LED not projection LED.

On 10/9/2020 at 2:00 PM, Carbon82 said:

UkANT0H.png

If my estimate are not too way off, I think the SX basic (which already come standard with LED headlights, full size Sunroof, drive mode select, cruise control, etc.) is the most VFM variant among the 3.

I think the tech package is much more desirable in terms of the safety features though especially for such a big car. 

• Praise 2

On 10/15/2020 at 11:17 AM, Atrecord said:

You take a look at the latest avante price . Ridiculous for a korean car. Moreover after 10 yrs take back 5k only.

1 hour ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

You take a look at the latest avante price . Ridiculous for a korean car. Moreover after 10 yrs take back 5k only.

Agree. It's a pity that the market doesn't offer more options to kill these competition. Hoping for decent cars at much more reasonable/affordable prices so that these sellers here cannot keep getting away with pricing their cars higher and higher. 

At the moment, everyone who comes out with a new/good car, dares to price it higher, on the pretext that it's an improvement from the last. 

Com'on, an old car/model's price should drop when a new one is launched, just like in the good old days. Then the new - improved - one should be priced at the same price as the outgoing one. OK, maybe marginally more, everyone deserves an increment...

But Avante is now reaching the price of the current Tucson. And I bet the new Tucson to be launched next year, will be priced at/near the current santa fe price... Such is the open market.

Komoco had the money to send the SEs to Russia for the World Cup, which Hyundai was a sponsor. KMC also sent the SEs to Korea... Huat arrh....

Maybe it's time to take a risk and try out China cars...

• Haha! 2

4 hours ago, Atrecord said:

Agree. It's a pity that the market doesn't offer more options to kill these competition. Hoping for decent cars at much more reasonable/affordable prices so that these sellers here cannot keep getting away with pricing their cars higher and higher. 

At the moment, everyone who comes out with a new/good car, dares to price it higher, on the pretext that it's an improvement from the last. 

Com'on, an old car/model's price should drop when a new one is launched, just like in the good old days. Then the new - improved - one should be priced at the same price as the outgoing one. OK, maybe marginally more, everyone deserves an increment...

But Avante is now reaching the price of the current Tucson. And I bet the new Tucson to be launched next year, will be priced at/near the current santa fe price... Such is the open market.

Komoco had the money to send the SEs to Russia for the World Cup, which Hyundai was a sponsor. KMC also sent the SEs to Korea... Huat arrh....

Maybe it's time to take a risk and try out China cars...

Where is my Chery 🤤

I love cherries too, so the Chery shall be the cherry on the top of my cream cake 😁.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1