ASMR Brake Restoration!

kobayashiGT

40 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I find this video very therapeutic. Got the ASMR feel. haha.

i was always skeptical on rebuild BBK of their reliability.. but it still feel good to get it done with whatever color you like, like a customized order

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
11 minutes ago, Bahobahomet said:

i was always skeptical on rebuild BBK of their reliability.. but it still feel good to get it done with whatever color you like, like a customized order

Brake is a very mechanical part. Just make sure you are skillful enough, have all the correct parts (genuine ones) and a clean dust-free room for the rebuild.

But for us, we will just go workshop lah. hahaha HDB cannot do all this one. 

I find it ok. I dont have a sand blasting kit which comprise mainly of an air compressor. Spray nozzle can use an industrial spray paint type. Can use baking soda as the "sand" for blasting as it's environmentally friendly. Remember to use facial mask or safety goggles and an industrial breathing apparatus. And gloves of course when doing the sand blasting.

The paint process that the video used is called powder coating. There are companies who do this in Sgp, need to Google. I know there's one at TPY. The powder is neg charge and spray onto the metal surface. Then it's placed into a heat oven to bake. I think some youtubers use kitchen oven to do it. 

The seals can be found locally. Not difficult to find.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1