2021 Hyundai Elantra / Avante (CN7)

Carbon82

19 hours ago, yellowshaun said:

dont wait too long ah! COE supply shrinking le...

COE shrink or not doesn't really cause the COE price to go north.

If everyone knows COE is shrinking, but still maintain a rational mind that there is no rush to go in to book the car now, the prices can even head south. 

↡ Advertisement

14 hours ago, darryllgoh said:

Hi all,

Have been driving the Avante for a month now and totally loving it. 

Have a question on the drive mode. Has anyone tried the semi auto mode? Not sure if this is the right term but basically after you shift to D, you push it to the right and the S icon shows up.

How does that work? Thanks a ton! 

That's the manual gear selection mode... it allows you to shift up and down as you like but with pre-determined limits imposed by the gearbox's programming... basically it allows for more spirited driving cos it won't change up if you floor the pedal until your engine RPM hits a pre-determined level... if I recall correctly, that's about 5500 RPM for my car, about 1000 RPM from the redline at 6500 RPM... if will also allow you to stay in a higher gear earlier if you want to cruise to a stop but you keep the gearbox from dropping a gear when the engine speed drops to some pre-determined level... that's what I find for my Sonata... so basically, it's used more to hold your gear change until you choose to change up... think driving North-South Highway in Malaysia and you want to overtake and want to keep the engine at high revs... hahaha... long time never do that already...

Neutral Newbie
1 hour ago, teomingern said:

That's the manual gear selection mode... it allows you to shift up and down as you like but with pre-determined limits imposed by the gearbox's programming... basically it allows for more spirited driving cos it won't change up if you floor the pedal until your engine RPM hits a pre-determined level... if I recall correctly, that's about 5500 RPM for my car, about 1000 RPM from the redline at 6500 RPM... if will also allow you to stay in a higher gear earlier if you want to cruise to a stop but you keep the gearbox from dropping a gear when the engine speed drops to some pre-determined level... that's what I find for my Sonata... so basically, it's used more to hold your gear change until you choose to change up... think driving North-South Highway in Malaysia and you want to overtake and want to keep the engine at high revs... hahaha... long time never do that already...

Thank you! No wonder the RPMs are really high when I tried it. It doesn't go beyond gear 4 though and the car doesn't seem to wanna go faster haha. Maybe I've been doing it wrongly.. Not that I use it often but just curious how it works. Appreciate it!

2 hours ago, darryllgoh said:

Thank you! No wonder the RPMs are really high when I tried it. It doesn't go beyond gear 4 though and the car doesn't seem to wanna go faster haha. Maybe I've been doing it wrongly.. Not that I use it often but just curious how it works. Appreciate it!

To go above gear 4, your car's speed must be above 70 km/h... you can try when you're on a quiet stretch of highway cruising at 90 km/h... just push the gear selector to the right... you'll see the gear indicator show 6... that's sixth gear... don't need to worry about damaging the gearbox... the gears will switch according to the pre-determined limits...

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, lexiton said:

whats the daily FC?

what's your daily driving route? if long distance and mainly on smooth flowing expressways, 15-16km/L is easily attainable - there are even a couple of owners in the chat group who managed close to the 18km/L advertised.

if however you're doing mainly short trips/stuck in morning school traffic etc, don't expect anything beyond 11-12.

• Praise 1

Sharing for the benefits of all CN7 owners.

Taken from Team CN7 Interest Group FB.https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=196297559165223&id=101346021993711

Some of CN7 owners may have experienced "Christmas Lights" issue upon starting the engine, where overwhelming warning alerts pop out on your instrument panel, you will not be able to move you car as well due to heavy steering caused by these alerts.

Currently, the only solution to this issue is to reset the system by removing both the Positive (+) and Negative (-) connectors from the car battery, and reconnect them back after 10sec. You will need a 10mm spanner for this rather technical solution if you wish to do it yourself. Alternatively, you may call the 24hr Roadside Service at 9665 2653 for assistance.

Komoco (KMC) has released an Integrated Central Control Unit (ICCU) software update recently, this update will help to solve / prevent the issue.

xmaslight.jpg

• Praise 1

Went to drive the avante today. The pick up is surprisingly quick compared to it's competition! I remembered when I tried the mz3 the engine was literally crying just to move the car from a stand still..

2 hours ago, Joelhaw said:

@Acegabz so are u getting it? hahah

Very tempted tbh but my wife wants to try the Tucson first. Was at RTMT and only Komoco had the Tucson..

Hi everyone, am looking to change to the CN7.

Went to Komoco yesterday and just wanted to ask if you guys took the free servicing package or opted to not have it?

I'm more inclined to do my servicing outside as it is way cheaper than the AD. Cabin air filter they charged $45 at Komoco. Went to stockist $19 for my Elantra AD.

So I'm not sure if the free servicing package is worth it.

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, DesmondSim_145850 said:

Hi everyone, am looking to change to the CN7.

Went to Komoco yesterday and just wanted to ask if you guys took the free servicing package or opted to not have it?

I'm more inclined to do my servicing outside as it is way cheaper than the AD. Cabin air filter they charged $45 at Komoco. Went to stockist $19 for my Elantra AD.

So I'm not sure if the free servicing package is worth it.

Thoughts?

Take the free servicing if no extra charge... buy your own original parts and bring along for servicing if the parts not included... that's what I did... I even bring my own engine oil... heh...

↡ Advertisement