What is in your larder?

Lala81

Supersonic
12 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

Just have to avoid supermart again.

here comes the toilet paper hoarders again...

how many tons of toilet paper do you need ?

Have to avoid supermarket today. And also must see what PM going to say later, then can see how will be the situation over this weekend?

↡ Advertisement

Internal Moderator
27 minutes ago, 13177 said:

2 can of LPG gas should be sufficient to last la, even you cook every meals. No scare no scare.

Yah. Should be able to last. 🙂

• Praise 1

Supercharged
2 hours ago, TameDriver said:

Once u make a batch, the remaining starter can be frozen & brought out to use when needed.  Also, no need additional new yeast, just 'feed' it to ensure enough portion left to keep. 

I make own yoghurt drink. No need simi machine or gadget one. 

This could be my opportunity to start a sourdough starter .. Been wanting to do that a long time ago. Still have 1 pack of yeast unopened, exp 8/2020 .. heng ah .. 

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Lala81 said:

u are the man...

these are what I have accumulated over the past weeks, and is now my "reserve".  I top them up when it runs low,  I try to keep them as current as possible so that I can lock ourselves up anytime for 14 days with enough food for all 6 of us.  

If you notice, is like almost a  50:50 carbs protein mix, so at least we still can get some form of protein and not all carbs only...^_^[laugh][laugh]

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, TameDriver said:

Once u make a batch, the remaining starter can be frozen & brought out to use when needed.  Also, no need additional new yeast, just 'feed' it to ensure enough portion left to keep. 

I make own yoghurt drink. No need simi machine or gadget one. 

I made a batch of sourdough using raisin, and ended up throwing them away much later because I have to keep discarding some and feed them new flour while I went slow on baking...

they went from the counter to chiller to bin....[:p][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
5 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

these are what I have accumulated over the past weeks, and is now my "reserve".  I top them up when it runs low,  I try to keep them as current as possible so that I can lock ourselves up anytime for 14 days with enough food for all 6 of us.  

If you notice, is like almost a  50:50 carbs protein mix, so at least we still can get some form of protein and not all carbs only...^_^[laugh][laugh]

woah. you still got to consider nutrition during times like this. Kudos!

I got protein powder. haha. The most I eat maggi mee and drink protein powder. hahaha.

• Haha! 1

52 minutes ago, 13177 said:

PM suddenly wants to speak really scare people le.

executive summary lah...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

25 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Yah. Should be able to last. 🙂

when I used to cook everyday, 1 can can last like 38 days, 2 can can last close to 3 months liao....[thumbsup][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
9 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

I made a batch of sourdough using raisin, and ended up throwing them away much later because I have to keep discarding some and feed them new flour while I went slow on baking...

they went from the counter to chiller to bin....[:p][laugh][laugh]

Lol! 😄😄😄

• Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

woah. you still got to consider nutrition during times like this. Kudos!

I got protein powder. haha. The most I eat maggi mee and drink protein powder. hahaha.

when you start early, you got time to do a little planning lor.  If you dont plan sure end up only maggi mee lah. 

You got notice at the bottom I stated I got 2 x 5 lb of protein powders? That is beside the current 2 open bottles,  once the 2 reserved is open, I will top up another 2 bottles as reserve. 

So beside the food, I also stand by protein shakes for the family...^_^[laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Tianmo said:

when you start early, you got time to do a little planning lor.  If you dont plan sure end up only maggi mee lah. 

You got notice at the bottom I stated I got 2 x 5 lb of protein powders? That is beside the current 2 open bottles,  once the 2 reserved is open, I will top up another 2 bottles as reserve. 

So beside the food, I also stand by protein shakes for the family...^_^[laugh][laugh]

I just ordered two after I saw what u wrote. I thought I had one spare bottle but apparently not. Cos I use the empty whey bottles to store my dog food haha. 

• Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
16 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I just ordered two after I saw what u wrote. I thought I had one spare bottle but apparently not. Cos I use the empty whey bottles to store my dog food haha. 

that's also a form of protein. 🤣

• Haha! 1

I did not need to join the crowd in panic buying because I got ready when I came back to Bangkok from Singapore after Chinese New Year early Feb.

z2tG1GT.jpg

SVayKn3.jpg

I've got a Japin water filter for drinking water cos Thai tap water cannot drink. Even so I bought drinking water too just in case - 12 bottles 6L ; 36 bottles 1.5L

Some basic canned food like Campbell's soup, tuna, sardines, Spam.

60 eggs

Instant noodles I had 3 big packs of Mama 1 big pack of beehoon. Besides these 2 packets of plain beehoon. 

Rice only 5kg of Thai rice and 10kg of Japanese rice (wife eat this)

Don't know why but last December when I replaced my outdoor kitchen refrigerator I decided to also get a freezer, now think about it was a good decision. Reason I bought was because didn't want meats to mix with my ice in my new refrigerator.

IMG_20200404_123537.thumb.jpg.63e312524fed3934eac26ba53ebd2491.jpg

Full drawers for different frozen meats and seafood.

The rest are basics like toilet papers and kitchen towels.

IMG_20200404_160009.thumb.jpg.cf96a37f78eaa4075ad5aeefe6c762c1.jpg

Gas I always have 2 cylinders of LPG besides this my inside kitchen have an induction which I have never use before so better check out if it work 😂

• Praise 8

Internal Moderator
50 minutes ago, steveluv said:

I did not need to join the crowd in panic buying because I got ready when I came back to Bangkok from Singapore after Chinese New Year early Feb.

z2tG1GT.jpg

SVayKn3.jpg

I've got a Japin water filter for drinking water cos Thai tap water cannot drink. Even so I bought drinking water too just in case - 12 bottles 6L ; 36 bottles 1.5L

Some basic canned food like Campbell's soup, tuna, sardines, Spam.

60 eggs

Instant noodles I had 3 big packs of Mama 1 big pack of beehoon. Besides these 2 packets of plain beehoon. 

Rice only 5kg of Thai rice and 10kg of Japanese rice (wife eat this)

Don't know why but last December when I replaced my outdoor kitchen refrigerator I decided to also get a freezer, now think about it was a good decision. Reason I bought was because didn't want meats to mix with my ice in my new refrigerator.

IMG_20200404_123537.thumb.jpg.63e312524fed3934eac26ba53ebd2491.jpg

Full drawers for different frozen meats and seafood.

The rest are basics like toilet papers and kitchen towels.

IMG_20200404_160009.thumb.jpg.cf96a37f78eaa4075ad5aeefe6c762c1.jpg

Gas I always have 2 cylinders of LPG besides this my inside kitchen have an induction which I have never use before so better check out if it work 😂

Glad that you are well prepared down there! 

Got standby this one?

th?id=OIP.njtxGdWCgZ2czixACUsypgHaHa&pid

:yeah-im-not-drunk:

• Haha! 1

On 4/3/2020 at 12:15 PM, BanCoe said:

Wow! everybody keep so much stuff.... I malu to list out even .... @SiLangKia you got bar counter or what ?? Our party Man 

me tinks 2day later I go SS buy up a little bit ..... seems to be a rumour going on Whatsapp saying a lockdown is imminent this Monday..... 

Times are tough, learning to become a bartender in future hahahaha no choice I kindergarten education not much future career options HAHAAH

• Haha! 5

On 4/3/2020 at 12:54 PM, TameDriver said:

You running an illegal watering hole at home?   Hahahaa  

HAHAA don't expose leh, later I kena 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha! 3

2 minutes ago, SiLangKia said:

Times are tough, learning to become a bartender in future hahahaha no choice I kindergarten education not much future career options HAHAAH

Ha ha Chey ....I not bad studi Preambree Tree 🌲 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

Internal Moderator
6 minutes ago, SiLangKia said:

bartender good mah. can talk to girls. But now the pubs are closed. means you wanna bartending also cannot. 😕

↡ Advertisement