Water Wax

Kurty

Supercharged
(edited)

anyone tried water wax like Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax, is it really that good?

so far, i only use Meguiars interior and dashboard, each application can last me for a month or so.

During the CB, really kinda bored. for the first time, i start to do up the exterior. Wax/clean a little etc..

hence, kinda into the glossy and clean look. However, i dont want to go too deep.. something simple and relaxing 😉

Edited by Kurty
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
29 minutes ago, Kurty said:

so far, i only use Meguiars interior and dashboard, each application can last me for a month or so.

During the CB, really kinda bored. for the first time, i start to do up the exterior. Wax/clean a little etc..

hence, kinda into the glossy and clean look. However, i dont want to go too deep.. something simple and relaxing 😉

I tried meguiars quik wax before. The effect of glossiness is deep especially if you are driving a dark-coloured car. But I find the effect not very long-lasting. The good thing is it is easy to wipe off without much effort.

My current go to water wax is the Sonax High Speed Wax and soft 99. My car is parked outdoor, so sometimes (or most of the times) will have bird poo and all, so I will regularly use soft 99 to polish. Maintenance wise will be high speed wax from sonax. Sonax wax have a more lasting effect I feel. Plus my car is white so no need to have the deep gloss feeling that meguiars is capable of.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
45 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I tried meguiars quik wax before. The effect of glossiness is deep especially if you are driving a dark-coloured car. But I find the effect not very long-lasting. The good thing is it is easy to wipe off without much effort.

My current go to water wax is the Sonax High Speed Wax and soft 99. My car is parked outdoor, so sometimes (or most of the times) will have bird poo and all, so I will regularly use soft 99 to polish. Maintenance wise will be high speed wax from sonax. Sonax wax have a more lasting effect I feel. Plus my car is white so no need to have the deep gloss feeling that meguiars is capable of.

i see, thanks for sharing.

yeah, i do want something that is long lasting if possible.

how do you actually apply them?

spray and wipe? wont that remove the wax?

or i should just spray, leave it for 30 mins to sit in. then wipe 

(edited)
1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

The super99 can also do a hybrid wash. Practice by many used car dealers. Wet sponge . Add size of two 20 cents drip wax on sponge. Use it to sponge down on one surface at a time . Leave it to dry and do for next panel.

Clean off immediately when dry or will exhibit wet spot.

Have fun and exjoy the shine for the next two weeks. 

Not recommended for ceramic coats

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator
16 minutes ago, Kurty said:

i see, thanks for sharing.

yeah, i do want something that is long lasting if possible.

how do you actually apply them?

spray and wipe? wont that remove the wax?

or i should just spray, leave it for 30 mins to sit in. then wipe 

don't leave it 30 min, it will be dry and harden, by the time you wanna wipe.

Actually, how the wax works are it will sorta fill out or cover the imperfection of the paint surface.

surface-imperfection.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Some of the imperfection can be covered by water wax/waxs. That is why after you applying it will give a glossy look.

Usually I will use 2 microfibre cloth to wax the car.

One is to even out the wax on the paint surface

Then take a dry one to buff off some of the excess ones on the paint surface. Afterwhich, you can enjoy your prized achivement and monitor how long it go back to the original state of the condition then you will roughly know how good is the product.

Water wax is a small investment, can keep trying new brands. My grooming routine the only thing I never change is my car shampoo. I have been using chemical guy snow foam honeydew.. I find that one really does a good job it taking all the mud and grimes away. So I am keeping that in my grooming routine, Wax wise, usually when I about to finish liao, i will go and shop online. I thinking to try the Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
2 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

The super99 can also do a hybrid wash. Practice by many used car dealers. Wet sponge . Add size of two 20 cents drip wax on sponge. Use it to sponge down on one surface at a time . Leave it to dry and do for next panel.

Clean off immediately when dry or will exhibit wet spot.

Have fun and exjoy the shine for the next two weeks. 

Not recommended for ceramic coats

Oh! I will give it a try next time! hahah.

Supercharged
9 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

don't leave it 30 min, it will be dry and harden, by the time you wanna wipe.

Actually, how the wax works are it will sorta fill out or cover the imperfection of the paint surface.

surface-imperfection.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Some of the imperfection can be covered by water wax/waxs. That is why after you applying it will give a glossy look.

Usually I will use 2 microfibre cloth to wax the car.

One is to even out the wax on the paint surface

Then take a dry one to buff off some of the excess ones on the paint surface. Afterwhich, you can enjoy your prized achivement and monitor how long it go back to the original state of the condition then you will roughly know how good is the product.

Water wax is a small investment, can keep trying new brands. My grooming routine the only thing I never change is my car shampoo. I have been using chemical guy snow foam honeydew.. I find that one really does a good job it taking all the mud and grimes away. So I am keeping that in my grooming routine, Wax wise, usually when I about to finish liao, i will go and shop online. I thinking to try the Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax.

haha, the best part is i dont wash my car.. 😛

washing car is very tiring and troublesome..

i'm thinking of after a good wash/rain, clean up the car and then apply the water wax.

may i also ask, do you guys face a foggy windscreen at times?

it seems my windscreen is kinda oily, i didn't apply any RainX etc.

just using those car wash shampoo and pour into the reservoir.

i bought Cif Glass cleaner, see if it can help.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Kurty said:

A little bird once told me the formula for wax and shampoo across the major brands are similar. However, the application is important.

I've bought the meguiars pack a few years back and use together with autoglym super resin polish. my steps are mainly meg shampoo, resin polish, meg detailer and finally meg wax. The meg wax has a fruity smell which makes me crave of fruit juice. lol.

Shine is quite good on my previous yellow and current white car. However, only can last about 2 weeks. If done correctly, my next wash will be much easier (less polish). IMHO, the polish step is the most important for shine. Detailer and Quik Wax is to protect the paint. Using by itself might not have the gloss you looking for.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
29 minutes ago, Kurty said:

haha, the best part is i dont wash my car.. 😛

washing car is very tiring and troublesome..

i'm thinking of after a good wash/rain, clean up the car and then apply the water wax.

may i also ask, do you guys face a foggy windscreen at times?

it seems my windscreen is kinda oily, i didn't apply any RainX etc.

just using those car wash shampoo and pour into the reservoir.

i bought Cif Glass cleaner, see if it can help.

Cannot use Cif glass cleaner lah. Inside have ammonia. Will deteriorate automotive glass.

Need to get automotive grade glass cleaner. Or just car shampoo washing the windsreen also can.

I don't use rainx. Usually i will spray my wateer wax along all the glass surface also. will have the water beading effect.

If you never wash car, no point getting wax also. cuz you need to prep the car before you condition it mah. 

Car wash shampoo is very thick to be poured inside the reservoir. It might get clog.  

You save all your money lah. You one short go JB wash and polish. Every 1 month plus go back can le. hahaha

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

9 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

I'm using this Ceramic hybrid wax, really good water beading after wash and can last quite a long time..

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnQZJI0J11FKUH_Cwhy

I don't think it suits TS. The 1st application will be tedious for him.

Internal Moderator
44 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

I'm using this Ceramic hybrid wax, really good water beading after wash and can last quite a long time..

Quite expensive right?

(edited)
3 hours ago, Kurty said:

Give me a buzz if you want to try some sample..😃  use as a drying aid or dry surface.

951-aquawax.jpg.8f8dd14b7efc4037505a83a60d07af54.jpg

Edited by Maddriver
  • Praise 1

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Beanoyip said:

yeah, the reviews seem to be good.

even better than the quik wax..

Supercharged
16 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Quite expensive right?

$26.95 at shopee 

Supercharged
2 hours ago, Vinceng said:

Wash your car as usual. Mix a capful of Carglo wax in 5 litres of water. Dip a cloth in the solution and wet wipe the entire car. Rinse dry cloth and wipe dry. You have a smooth wax feel.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/cars-cars-204/how-make-car-shiny-cheap-self-wash-5667779-2.html

Wow, thanks for sharing this. Let me see if I happen to chance this at spc punggol

↡ Advertisement