How many records the govt keep?

Ysc3

Twincharged

I just tried to register my kid for P1 yesterday but the system keep telling me that the data I entered did not match their database.

So after the fifth time, I called MOE instead and waited for about 10 minutes before my que number was up.

Spoke to the executive and was told that there was one clause which prevented me from using the P1-IS system.

She said that both parents must be citizen or PR at the TIME OF BIRTH of the child.

As my wife was still on work permit when my son was born, so her present blue nric cannot be used.

I wonder why are the authorities keeping so many different records instead of just updating to one current one instead? 

So next time when my wife get pink ic, hopefully that will not affect us getting our keys to our new bto.

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged
2 hours ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

So how was it resolved? Managed to get the kid registered?

The MOE exec told me to do it today instead... So I did it just now...  By myself... No need wife's participation or details. Just login with my singpass and then fill up the form and then submit. 

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Kopites said:

Which school may i ask? 😄

Gongshang primary... The nearest to my house. I think 700 meters.

Twincharged
2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

That means your wife has to go ICA to update record?

The MOE exec never say anything about that. My wife used blue ic when we booked our flat also no issue. When I extended her ica re-entry pass also used her blue ic.

Dunno what is so special about MOE. 

Twincharged
(edited)
33 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Yesterday first day result already show over subscribed. Need to ballot.... damn

Got link? 

Nvmd... Found already.. Looks very bad...  47 applications for 20 vacancies ...that is yesterday.... 

Edited by Ysc3

10 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

The MOE exec never say anything about that. My wife used blue ic when we booked our flat also no issue. When I extended her ica re-entry pass also used her blue ic.

Dunno what is so special about MOE. 

From Blue to Pink IC, the number likely stays the same.  It is not an issue.

Unfortunately, FIN & IC are different.  Likely you might need to update your child birth cert with her IC.

MOE get their data from ICA.  Can't blame MOE for that.

22 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

The MOE exec told me to do it today instead... So I did it just now...  By myself... No need wife's participation or details. Just login with my singpass and then fill up the form and then submit. 

Means no problem already! GL!

Edited by ToyotaShuttle

13 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

From Blue to Pink IC, the number likely stays the same.  It is not an issue.

Unfortunately, FIN & IC are different.  Likely you might need to update your child birth cert with her IC.

MOE get their data from ICA.  Can't blame MOE for that.

I guess from FIN to blue IC, have to update the relevant authorises since like you said the number is different.

27 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

Got link? 

Nvmd... Found already.. Looks very bad...  47 applications for 20 vacancies ...that is yesterday.... 

The school you are going to enroll so popular?

Just now, 13177 said:

I guess from FIN to blue IC, have to update the relevant authorises since like you said the number is different.

Currently, the mother cannot prove that she is the mother.

Twincharged
14 minutes ago, 13177 said:

The school you are going to enroll so popular?

Apparently the most popular in TAMPINES !! Even more popular than St Hilda's or Poi Ching ....🤯

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1