Audi Q2

St83

The Q2 1.4 TSFI now selling at $118K, thinking of getting it. Any feedback for those driving Q2?

Edited by St83
include new tag
↡ Advertisement

Thought they only sell the 1.0L Q2 liao? Still have 1.4L?! 😂

I believe most people who buy this Q2 is mainly due to the brand?! Same like people are buying the A3 or even the A1. 

• Praise 2

If one is willing to pay over $100K for  a bread and butter car, might as well get one with the brand that will raise your social status.

If you tell your peers that you drive a Seat or Skoda, it's just like another Honda or NIssan.

If you tell them that you drive an Audi, it will raise your snob appeal and people will think highly of you that you have made in in life and am doing very well. :a-good:

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

So many aspiring car owners want to buy an entry level luxury car. Haha...

Do you know how much the local dealer charge for servicing? Or how much Audi parts typically cost?

It's no oil saving lamp.

48 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

If one is willing to pay over $100K for  a bread and butter car, might as well get one with the brand that will raise your social status.

If you tell your peers that you drive a Seat or Skoda, it's just like another Honda or NIssan.

If you tell them that you drive an Audi, it will raise your snob appeal and people will think highly of you that you have made in in life and am doing very well. :a-good:

No wonder many people dont mind buy an entry level audi.

11 minutes ago, 13177 said:

No wonder many people dont mind buy an entry level audi.

Of course there's a price to pay if you want people to think highly of you on the social ladder. 

Just as there's many who are willing to pay $180K for a 1.5L Mercedes C160., or $240K for the 1.5L Mercedes E180 (Yes, you didn't see wrongly - a 1500cc Mercedes E Class).

Edited by Vinceng

6 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

Of course there's a price to pay if you want people to think highly of you on the social ladder. 

Just as there's many who are willing to pay $180K for a 1.5L Mercedes C160., or $240K for the 1.5L Mercedes E180 (Yes, you didn't see wrongly - a 1500cc Mercedes E Class).

Didnt see many C160 and E180 on the road also. Think i see more A class sedan on the road. Lol. Like you said social ladder, so when people buy car they would buy the brand first than the car features etc. Example when people see me drive Audi A1, even the car is quite basic and yet it is still an Audi.

Edited by 13177

18 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Didnt see many C160 and E180 on the road also. Think i see more A class sedan on the road. Lol. Like you said social ladder, so when people buy car they would buy the brand first than the car features etc. Example when people see me drive Audi A1, even the car is quite basic and yet it is still an Audi.

You won't see many C160 or E180 on the road, because their owners have replaced the badges to C180 and E200.  😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

51 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

You won't see many C160 or E180 on the road, because their owners have replaced the badges to C180 and E200.  😁

Its true, ppl who buy 535i will change to M5

ppl who buy S320 might change to S400.

never ending game

Car owners in S'pore are very image conscious - like this example of a cheaper Parallel Import Mercedes, whereby the non MB Text seats are a give away.

But the owner got a C&C logo to paste on the car, so that people will think that he paid for  a more expensive Mercedes from C&C. As if a Parallel Import Mercedes is a loss of face or laughing stock.

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=914747&DL=3214

image.png.ae11e52e157b27ef45e598c512f623a7.png

image.png.f8e25855cbe539e2dcf6dc163147362c.png

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

6 hours ago, Vinceng said:

Car owners in S'pore are very image conscious - like this example of a cheaper Parallel Import Mercedes, whereby the non MB Text seats are a give away.

But the owner got a C&C logo to paste on the car, so that people will think that he paid for  a more expensive Mercedes from C&C. As if a Parallel Import Mercedes is a loss of face or laughing stock.

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=914747&DL=3214

Same like people buy toyota SUV would change to Lexus logo? Lol.

I just cannot understand why does one need to prove to others by showing off his/ her lowest range conti cars. I would rather get a highest range jap/ korean than the lowest range conti. 

Nothing wrong with showing off if you can afford but why make your life so tough if it takes so much to show... but then this is the general mentality in SG.

Like some of you mentioned... C160 and E180. Isn't the specs of Accord/ Camry/ Sonata/ Optima/ Stinger way better than the basic specs of these conti cars?

My guess is that for some in sales or finance, its a necessity to recruit more into their team... Perhaps they feel its a visible gauge of their success, and that the juniors will join a conti car driving team leader over a Asian car driving one?

1 hour ago, Kevinhwc said:

I just cannot understand why does one need to prove to others by showing off his/ her lowest range conti cars. I would rather get a highest range jap/ korean than the lowest range conti. 

Nothing wrong with showing off if you can afford but why make your life so tough if it takes so much to show... but then this is the general mentality in SG.

Like some of you mentioned... C160 and E180. Isn't the specs of Accord/ Camry/ Sonata/ Optima/ Stinger way better than the basic specs of these conti cars?

Like i said, even lowest range conti cars, afterall it is still a conti car lo. Some people see the brand of the car you drive and not how tok gong the car features, safety and technology have inside your car. [rolleyes]

19 hours ago, St83 said:

The Q2 1.4 TSFI now selling at $118K, thinking of getting it. Any feedback for those driving Q2?

If i'm not wrong, the Q2 is equipped with the infamous DQ200 dry 7 speed DSG.

Recommendation would be, if possible, to get the entry Q3 which is worlds apart from this car. I believe u won't regret the 20+K that you may need to top up.

• Praise 1

18 hours ago, Carzee said:

For that price, the Seat Ateca Excellence or Skoda Karoq is a better value buy. if you go for brand, then it's a different story.

I agree. 

However, if you are the type of driver that likes to change car every few years, get a used Ateca or Karoq if you don't want a huge exposure to losses.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1