OFFICIAL: Tesla Singapore Discussion

dudez7

Supersonic
On 3/11/2024 at 1:12 AM, thebestbees said:

Anyone has any idea if the model Y 7 seater configuration is coming to SG?

Does GigaShanghai make it?

If yes, it is likely with sufficient demand.

Turbocharged
On 2/4/2024 at 7:02 PM, inlinesix said:

I test drove both pre-FL and FL Model 3.

FL has improved a lot in terms of NVH.

Tesla has slow down shocks rebound to the extent that it is comfy when entire car dropped like 2cm.

When going through speed strip, I can’t feel it. The only strange thing is the vibration can be felt in the steering.

The drive is neutral enough that I can power through S-curve in front of East Coast Water Park.

Will I buy EV?
It is too quiet for me.

The FL model 3 comes with double-glazed roof and windows all-round.
And Tesla also upgraded the model Y with double-glazed windows and roof even though it is not official FL.
I test drove both FL3 and Y over course of past weekends.
FL3 its NVH does sound more hushed than pre-FL. The ride does feel a bit less coarse but I don't know if they changed the tyre brand/model to more pliant ones, or fitted with the smaller rim option.
Model Y about same ride with more upright posture, but FL3 more nimble in turns.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
On 3/11/2024 at 10:58 AM, DOBIEMKZ said:

And Tesla also upgraded the model Y with double-glazed windows and roof even though it is not official FL.
FL3 its NVH does sound more hushed than pre-FL. The ride does feel a bit less coarse but I don't know if they changed the tyre brand/model to more pliant ones, or fitted with the smaller rim option.
Model Y about same ride with more upright posture, but FL3 more nimble in turns.

For me, it is AWD Highland3 vs RWD 3.

So, it is 20 inch vs 19 inch.  No idea what tyres.

My tolerance for harshness is higher than a lot of ppl.

On 3/11/2024 at 1:12 AM, thebestbees said:

Anyone has any idea if the model Y 7 seater configuration is coming to SG?

Nope

in fact theres improvement in model y oike ambient lighting and rear screen

but it dint go to sg

the one in sg thats coming is HW4 and better camera

I am curious does sg sell such tyre that tesla use? The inner wall has foam cushioning 

Hi everyone, I went to view FL3 and BYD seal few days back. Hand very itchy to finally join the EV club [:p]

few questions though, hopefully the sifus here can shed some light for me

1) I was told by salesperson at Tesla that there is no real-time traffic data shown on the map if I don't subscribe to the premium monthly plan? Can't even connect to phone hotspot? Are there any alternatives?

2) Was told by BYD salesperson that Teslas battery should always be 20-80% to prolong battery life, but BYD's blade technology can go 0-100%. True?

3) Resale market for EVs seem to be dropping, maybe because COE prices are starting to drop slightly. Should I consider getting a 22/23 older model 3? The FL3's changes are quite minor (apart from the signal stick)

hope to hear some comments before i pull the trigger!

• Haha! 2

On 3/12/2024 at 3:55 PM, Hazardous said:

Hi everyone, I went to view FL3 and BYD seal few days back. Hand very itchy to finally join the EV club [:p]

few questions though, hopefully the sifus here can shed some light for me

1) I was told by salesperson at Tesla that there is no real-time traffic data shown on the map if I don't subscribe to the premium monthly plan? Can't even connect to phone hotspot? Are there any alternatives?

2) Was told by BYD salesperson that Teslas battery should always be 20-80% to prolong battery life, but BYD's blade technology can go 0-100%. True?

3) Resale market for EVs seem to be dropping, maybe because COE prices are starting to drop slightly. Should I consider getting a 22/23 older model 3? The FL3's changes are quite minor (apart from the signal stick)

hope to hear some comments before i pull the trigger!

Buy the standard rwd model, they use similar batt as byd

did byd SE got mention to u that their car charging intake rate lower than tesla? 

that means it will be slower for byd as compared to tesla to charge 10% to 80% for same fast charger 

Supersonic
On 3/25/2024 at 4:20 PM, Thaiyotakamli said:

Buy the standard rwd model, they use similar batt as byd

did byd SE got mention to u that their car charging intake rate lower than tesla? 

that means it will be slower for byd as compared to tesla to charge 10% to 80% for same fast charger 

Except Tesla supercharger, should be no diff in Singapore.

On 3/25/2024 at 4:30 PM, inlinesix said:

Except Tesla supercharger, should be no diff in Singapore.

I remember byd max charging rate 200kw charger

tesla can take 250kw

Supersonic
On 3/25/2024 at 7:21 PM, Thaiyotakamli said:

I remember byd max charging rate 200kw charger

tesla can take 250kw

Other than supercharger, fastest charger around 150kw DC.

No different 

• Praise 1

@Thaiyotakamli 

You mean Tesla rwd model also using blade technology?

The charging speed difference is minimal in my opinion, so doesn't really factor into my decision making. After doing a bit more research (and checking with car workshop), I note the main issues with both brands are

Tesla - difficult and expensive to repair. the 2 month old model Y accident as an example. :TT_TT:

Byd - need to wait 2-3 months for spare parts as they don't have fully equipped workshops here for now (this is according to my current car workshop)

Supersonic
On 3/26/2024 at 7:38 AM, Hazardous said:

The charging speed difference is minimal in my opinion, so doesn't really factor into my decision making. After doing a bit more research (and checking with car workshop), I note the main issues with both brands are

Tesla - difficult and expensive to repair. the 2 month old model Y accident as an example. :TT_TT:

Byd - need to wait 2-3 months for spare parts as they don't have fully equipped workshops here for now (this is according to my current car workshop)

Both cars use LFP battery.

But BYD uses Blade formation.

On 3/26/2024 at 7:38 AM, Hazardous said:

@Thaiyotakamli 

I think for byd they also use single chassis so any accident also need to write off if damage the chassis

charging speed is important for me especially road trip

i think tesla take about 15 min to charge

byd need 25-30min maybe 

Turbocharged

Double-glazed windows all round on the Model 3 and Model Y are meant to address a basic design deficit which led in a lot of wind and ambient noise. And this design deficit are the frameless windows on the Model 3 and Model Y. 

• Praise 2