Digital IC in Singpass app

Kb27

Digital IC in Singpass app can be used to access public services in person from Nov 1

SINGAPORE - Forgot to bring your NRIC for registering at a polyclinic to see the doctor? Soon, this might no longer be an issue, as people will be able to use the digital identity card in their Singpass mobile app instead.

From next Monday (Nov 1), all government agencies will accept digital ICs when individuals use or apply for public services in person, the Smart Nation and Digital Government Office (SNDGO) and Government Technology Agency (GovTech) said on Thursday.

Besides patient registration, the digital IC can also be used to book appointments at public clinics, register at government buildings for entry, borrow books from public libraries, collect passports, as well as book Housing Board flats and pick up the keys.

For now, there will be some exceptions, such as when the law requires physical identity documents. These include marriage registration, checking into hotels and investigations under the Criminal Procedure Code or the National Registration Act.

SNDGO and GovTech said the Government is working on amending laws to formalise the use of digital ICs for these uses as well.

Other instances in which physical identity documents are still needed include school examinations where phones are not allowed to be brought in, as well as during national service enlistment when physical ICs are surrendered.

1-online-211028-singpass-rksingpass28-ol

Ok, don't have to carry that stupid physical NRIC, lose it and get fined $300.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

1 minute ago, Ender said:

Ya, i saw my digital ic on my singpass app last nite.

It was there for quite some time already.

The photo is an updated photo based on the last passport renewal.

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 2

Ya, saw the digital IC inside Singpass app quite a while liao. So now they announced can be used to access public services which is quite convenience. No need to take out the physical IC and let strangers touch it. Lol.

Internal Moderator
33 minutes ago, Tohto said:

It was there for quite some time already.

The photo is an updated photo based on the last passport renewal.

Oh. no wonder! I keep wondering how come they have such an updated photo of me. 🤣

• Haha! 2

42 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Ya, saw the digital IC inside Singpass app quite a while liao. So now they announced can be used to access public services which is quite convenience. No need to take out the physical IC and let strangers touch it. Lol.

Instead our phones would be molested by everyone 😁

• Haha! 5

18 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

I am waiting for driving license so next time drive out no need bring wallet, eat hawker use paynow. Very convenient

the driving license info is also avail in the app

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

previously got peepur comprain that govt agency dun accept the digital id in the singpass app 

even comprain to st forum 

i believe this is the reason they have done this latest update and also news to say govt agency will accept

i see no reason not to, the foto is the lastest passport and even more current

the personal info inside the app is even more shocking - go take a look yourself

• Praise 1

36 minutes ago, Steptronic said:

Instead our phones would be molested by everyone 😁

Omg, can just let them see but dont molest my phone? Lol.

• Haha! 1

10 minutes ago, Wildfaye29 said:

previously got peepur comprain that govt agency dun accept the digital id in the singpass app 

even comprain to st forum 

i believe this is the reason they have done this latest update and also news to say govt agency will accept

i see no reason not to, the foto is the lastest passport and even more current

the personal info inside the app is even more shocking - go take a look yourself

Ya, the info inside the app very details, if people hack into your app, can see everything from your head to toe sia.

11 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Ya, the info inside the app very details, if people hack into your app, can see everything from your head to toe sia.

i will never sell or trade in my phones

even complete wipe will not clear the data

all my/family xiaomi n redmi from 10 years ago all insai my cupboard

will go into our coffins

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

Oh. no wonder! I keep wondering how come they have such an updated photo of me. 🤣

Go check your collect dust passport, it is the same photo.

• Haha! 3

Internal Moderator
8 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Go check your collect dust passport, it is the same photo.

I seriously dunno where my passport is liao. I remb I just gotten my passport July 2019. Haven't even have a single chop yet. TMD. 🤣

• Haha! 4

14 minutes ago, Wildfaye29 said:

i will never sell or trade in my phones

even complete wipe will not clear the data

all my/family xiaomi n redmi from 10 years ago all insai my cupboard

will go into our coffins

As far as i know, iphone only icloud can retrieve, if you wipe the phone liao , hard to retrieve back.

↡ Advertisement