Winter Olympics 2022

Windwaver

On 2/11/2022 at 6:43 PM, mersaylee said:

Eileen Gu, Ethan Chen, Chloe Kim...👍

Kamila Valieva...so good yet so sad...

https://www.scmp.com/news/people-culture/china-personalities/article/3166399/winter-olympics-chinese-freestyle-ski-star

Winter Olympics: Chinese freestyle ski star Eileen Gu’s mother gives advice to parents hoping to raise a champion

2973ce3c-5a04-459c-81db-2f91d518c87c_721d3110f02ca3245838685f9c78ae8f347.jpg

Eileen has won the hearts of tens of millions of mainland fans, helped by her fluent Mandarin with a Beijing accent as a result of her mother originally being a Beijing native

While many of SG Chinese kids feel proud they can't even speak Mandarin :XD:

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

https://www.scmp.com/news/people-culture/china-personalities/article/3166399/winter-olympics-chinese-freestyle-ski-star

Winter Olympics: Chinese freestyle ski star Eileen Gu’s mother gives advice to parents hoping to raise a champion

2973ce3c-5a04-459c-81db-2f91d518c87c_721d3110f02ca3245838685f9c78ae8f347.jpg

Eileen has won the hearts of tens of millions of mainland fans, helped by her fluent Mandarin with a Beijing accent as a result of her mother originally being a Beijing native

While many of SG Chinese kids feel proud they can't even speak Mandarin :XD:

She's super fluent in both languages...at one post event presser she gave a I don't give a F kinda comment to her naysayers...very candid about her thoughts...no hold back one...grateful towards those around her...Americans or Chinese 

12 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

She's super fluent in both languages...at one post event presser she gave a I don't give a F kinda comment to her naysayers...very candid about her thoughts...no hold back one...grateful towards those around her...Americans or Chinese 

She speaks with Beijinger twing.

She made some unnecessary comments.

• Praise 1

42 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

She speaks with Beijinger twing.

She made some unnecessary comments.

she's not very high EQ.... perhaps too young to know how special she is being treated and how it could all turn sour very very fast for her in china... hope she knows enough to at least bring out some of her prc endorsement million$ that she's gonna get, but if she actually did give up her US passport (another big issue), then she has cut her own retreat. Even CCP members know its essential to keep a secret passport.

https://mashable.com/article/olympics-eileen-gu-instagram-weibo-china-internet-cenorship

Edited by Playtime
  • Praise 2

47 minutes ago, Playtime said:

she's not very high EQ.... perhaps too young to know how special she is being treated and how it could all turn sour very very fast for her in china... hope she knows enough to at least bring out some of her prc endorsement million$ that she's gonna get, but if she actually did give up her US passport (another big issue), then she has cut her own retreat. Even CCP members know its essential to keep a secret passport.

https://mashable.com/article/olympics-eileen-gu-instagram-weibo-china-internet-cenorship

She is going to Stanford in Autumn. No time to surrender her passport yet.

Before she could surrender, she needs to pay her due to IRS 1st.

It is not ez to take money out of China, Legally. Especially with all these endorsements.

Edited by inlinesix

1 hour ago, mersaylee said:

Yeah and Chinese Singaporean kids can't even speak broken Mandarin :secret-laugh:

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
On 2/11/2022 at 5:42 PM, Windwaver said:

He just smashed the Olympic Record and set a brand new World Record!

Webp.net-resizeimage20283729_2_6.jpgFWU3EPY5UBMIFOGNTQ4M6P34KY.jpg

2018 Olympics??? I'm sure @RadX will not scold you if you start a new thread for Winter Olympics 2022. I've locked the 2018 thread.

• Praise 1

43 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

She is going to Stanford in Autumn. No time to surrender her passport yet.

Before she could surrender, she needs to pay her due to IRS 1st.

It is not ez to take money out of China, Legally. Especially with all these endorsements.

oooohhhhh.... i hear china dont allow dual passport one. yet she rep china. 🤨 maybe i'm mistaken.

37 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

2018 Olympics??? I'm sure @RadX will not scold you if you start a new thread for Winter Olympics 2022. I've locked the 2018 thread.

That's great! :grin:

Edited by Windwaver

40 minutes ago, Playtime said:

oooohhhhh.... i hear china dont allow dual passport one. yet she rep china. 🤨 maybe i'm mistaken.

Selective application of law and order😄

• Haha! 1

Ice Hockey - Olympic Winter Games Beijing 2022 Women's Semi-finals USA vs FIN

9:00 PM - 11:28 PM

| Women's Semi-finals USA vs FIN

Women's Semi-finals - United States vs Finland

1674d4b6659ca13db85d17b2ef6d83d7.jpg

• Praise 1