COE Bidding – June 2022

Carbon82

Turbocharged
3 minutes ago, SLing said:

PHV’s & Taxis should theoretically reduce road congestion because a single vehicle has multiple users.  

In theory is true but the demand/usage is never flat.. we get peak in the morning and evening where a PHV only send one passenger per car also lead to poor utilization. If people accept car pooling and cost sharing then maybe that will help.

I just happened to see a video.. Luxembourg give free transport all day for people.. Honestly even if Singapore does so how many will take public? For me abit hard as my attire and the hot weather don match! whahahahhahaha.. make worse if raining..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

13 minutes ago, SLing said:

PHV’s & Taxis should theoretically reduce road congestion because a single vehicle has multiple users.  

There are people who drive PHV’s part time as a means to subsidize the cost of car ownership.  

It would be interesting to study the nett effect of PHV’s on congestion/ prices etc.  What figures should we look at ?

What logic is that? Different users use the PHV at different time. The PHV thus is on the road all the time. They cause probably 5, 6 times more congestion than private cars. 

Yes PHV reduces congestion, inside the carparks.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1