Liverpool Summer Transfers Rumors - 2023

Maxus-MIFA9

Supercharged
(edited)

Got Jota got goals!

Good pass from him to Diaz.......

Young Bradley had Martinelli in his pocket!

The subs did the job once again. 

The defence was very shaky without VVD and Endo, but the subs make all the difference.....

Edited by Starry
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
(edited)

the ref is not consistent. Odegaard dissent 2 times but no yellow card. Elliot dissent once, and straight away yellow.

Ben White shoved Jones from the back and away from the ball, no yellow card.  

:pissed-off:

Edited by Starry
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

FULL TIME

ARSENAL 0-2 LIVERPOOL. We progress to the 4th round.

At times, we were all over the place and Arsenal was literally cutting us apart at will.

But we prevailed in the end. 

• Praise 2

Only managed to catch the first half of the game. To be honest, after the watching the match highlights this morning, I personally felt that Arsenal had been hard done by their poor finishing. While I am a true Reds fan, I must admit that Arsenal was the better team, at least going forward and if not for their pitiful finishing, the game should be over and done with by half time. Second half wise, while LFC did perform better, Arsenal was the team that was most likely to score. But kudos to the Reds, despite fielding a much changed team due to International commitments, injuries or illness, they weathered the storm and came out winners. If I were to choose a word to describe this morning's victory, I guess my take is "Mentality." 

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
On 1/8/2024 at 8:30 AM, 209752648026519 said:

I guess my take is "Mentality." 

Yup winning mentality.

:D

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

In the first half Gekpo was a midfielder and it was a new position for him and Nunez central.

Second half Gekpo moved to be centre forward and Nunez went to the wings to use his speed against the full back on a one on one.

These are their best positions.

• Praise 1

Supercharged
(edited)
On 1/8/2024 at 8:30 AM, 209752648026519 said:

Only managed to catch the first half of the game. To be honest, after the watching the match highlights this morning, I personally felt that Arsenal had been hard done by their poor finishing. While I am a true Reds fan, I must admit that Arsenal was the better team, at least going forward and if not for their pitiful finishing, the game should be over and done with by half time. Second half wise, while LFC did perform better, Arsenal was the team that was most likely to score. But kudos to the Reds, despite fielding a much changed team due to International commitments, injuries or illness, they weathered the storm and came out winners. If I were to choose a word to describe this morning's victory, I guess my take is "Mentality." 

Pool simply did a Rocky Balboa.....

Took in all the punches at the beginning and when the opponent was tired in the final round,, unleased a killer hook and KO the opponent.

Ars was high pressing right from the start and can tell that they finally run out of gas in the final 15 minutes.

TAA is so good in assist that he even assisted the opponent to score for us. 😁

Edited by Starry
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic

Liverpool are reportedly willing to pay £60 million to sign Michael Olise in the summer after reports that his £35 million release clause will no longer be vaild in the summer transfer window.

:D

Doesn't sound like Pool.

If it was Pool and wanted him they would have signed him for £35

Supercharged

The game showcased 2 clubs going in very different directions in terms of momentum.  Arsenal lost 3 consecutive games after a creditable draw at Anfield.  Pool won all its  games after that, scoring 8 goals to Arsenal's 1 goal registered.  

As much as we piling all the complaints on Nunez who doesn't seem to be able to score, the entire Arsenal team is like Nunez, registering blanks and cant seems to put the ball in the net despite very good chances created, as an entire team.  

was surprised Klopp put out a strong team despite he knew Pool stood a chance even though playing away at the Emirates with no Salah, VVD and Endo.  

The 2 goals scored were sucker punches and Arsenal could not respond.  It was the subs and the tactical twitches Klopp made in the 2nd half that made all the differences. The fact is clear - Pool has a better all round squad including subs which Klopp can bring in to affect the game as it goes into the critical phase.  Cant say the same for Gunners whose 1st team players like Saka and Odeagard are looking very tired and burnt out at the moment.  

Was it just another cup win? I think the win also underlined the superiority of Pool's form at the moment. 

• Praise 2

On 1/8/2024 at 10:03 AM, Starry said:

TAA is so good in assist that he even assisted the opponent to score for us. 😁

As watching the highlights, shouldn't Arsenal defender (Kiwior) to head the ball outward rather than heading toward own goal post ??? :wut:

Maybe he was so tired that he was thinking the corner kick was at Pool end. [sly]

• Haha! 1

Supercharged

young player lah... kan cheong or inexperience mah...  but we are not complaining

• Haha! 1

Supercharged

Arsenal is Arsenal. Different manager, same weakness. Lack the mental strength. 

I think Arsenal players were mentally block after failing to put good chances away. Start to deflate, lost concentration and allow Liverpool to sneak in the goals. 

• Haha! 1

Supersonic

I don't know about you guys, but when i watched the first half, i was thinking Pool will get trashed... Such was how poor the team played. Macallister showed he was out for a while, and played so poorly i was suprised he lasted so long - but then again there was no obvious choice waiting on the bench anyway. Then at different times, different players would somehow play badly, slipped, or get bumped off the ball, putting the team under real pressure. It's incredible that they could not put even one chance away, and Pool got away with it.

And as the a soccer match would have it, 2nd half the tide turned and Pool managed to somehow score 2 goals. Job done.

But whatever has been written, i think the team has to improve tremendously if wannt fight for league champion. Will not always be so lucky. If Pool had beaten both Utd and Arsenal at Anfield, there would have been some breathing space. But the draws mean have to get more points than the other teams every week... 

• Praise 1

Supercharged
(edited)
On 1/8/2024 at 10:45 PM, Atrecord said:

I don't know about you guys, but when i watched the first half, i was thinking Pool will get trashed... Such was how poor the team played. Macallister showed he was out for a while, and played so poorly i was suprised he lasted so long - but then again there was no obvious choice waiting on the bench anyway. Then at different times, different players would somehow play badly, slipped, or get bumped off the ball, putting the team under real pressure. It's incredible that they could not put even one chance away, and Pool got away with it.

And as the a soccer match would have it, 2nd half the tide turned and Pool managed to somehow score 2 goals. Job done.

But whatever has been written, i think the team has to improve tremendously if wannt fight for league champion. Will not always be so lucky. If Pool had beaten both Utd and Arsenal at Anfield, there would have been some breathing space. But the draws mean have to get more points than the other teams every week... 

Arsenal played a high pressing style from the start and Pool's  backline could not play the ball out fast enough. They got harassed, tackled and then made some mistakes.....overall just poor. 

The smaller clubs, who parked bus, gave Pool time to pass out slowly from behind. But the bigger clubs will always press high.  Pool has to learn how to pass it out quickly from the back. In the past, VVD will just whack a long one to Salah.....but without both of them, the team simply got stuck in their own half.

Fortunately, while Pool's backline often overplay their passes and could not get out, Ars' frontline also overplay their passes and could not score.  😆

Edited by Starry
  • Praise 2

Supersonic
On 1/8/2024 at 2:58 PM, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

As watching the highlights, shouldn't Arsenal defender (Kiwior) to head the ball outward rather than heading toward own goal post ??? :wut:

Maybe he was so tired that he was thinking the corner kick was at Pool end. [sly]

The top spin (projectile) on the ball. 

↡ Advertisement