Turf City closes 31 Dec 2023

Blueray

Turf City closes on 31 December 2023.

Been visiting Turf City since it became a commercial mall, first batch of tenants included Mcdonald's and Watsons. Over the years, tenants have included Giant, Jack's Place, Owen Seafood, Tung Lok etc and of course the massive car mart. Used to meet up with friends just to walk along the rows of cars.

Reckon Turf City means different things to different people given the variety of activities available; makan, cars + accessories, sports, grocery shopping, furniture shopping, child enrichment etc. 

Perhaps share share Turf City stories here ? 

IMG20231225095419.jpg

IMG20231225095904.jpg

IMG20231225100744.jpg

IMG20231225102434.jpg

IMG20231225104307.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7
  • Haha! 1

From the picture, this place looks run down. So it is also good to tear down this place. The only thing i sad to lose this place is the free parking. 😂

• Haha! 1

On 12/25/2023 at 10:12 PM, 13177 said:

From the picture, this place looks run down. So it is also good to tear down this place. The only thing i sad to lose this place is the free parking. 😂

the mall is actually quite ok, aircon inside cold enough.

its the car park that is in really bad shape. plenty of potholes and plenty of ponding after rain, think the drains are choked. 

• Haha! 1

On 12/25/2023 at 10:12 PM, 13177 said:

Was already run down when they converted from turf club to turf city. Bare minimum upkeep as they all know it will be bulldozed. 

• Haha! 4

On 12/26/2023 at 8:53 AM, Silverkris said:

Mall? This place can at least be chopped to 6-8 land parcels to build high class condos. More income for the government.

Put condo above the mall, can sell higher psf

• Haha! 1

On 12/26/2023 at 12:06 AM, Thaiyotakamli said:

It looks run down

we need capitaland to build new mall to house h&m, watson, old chang kee and encik tan. Don’t forget ntuc and toast box

h&m not popular liao, should house uniqlo.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 12/26/2023 at 10:15 AM, Thaiyotakamli said:

Put condo above the mall, can sell higher psf

Nowadays newer condo/mall project always condo above the mall de.

Edited by 13177

On 12/26/2023 at 9:08 AM, Blueray said:

the mall is actually quite ok, aircon inside cold enough.

its the car park that is in really bad shape. plenty of potholes and plenty of ponding after rain, think the drains are choked. 

Wonder what would those car dealers move all their cars to? I saw there is one part there that parked with many cars waiting to be scrap/export.

On 12/26/2023 at 10:29 AM, 13177 said:

Nowadays newer condo/mall project always condo above the mall de.

China style. I personally hate it. 

On 12/26/2023 at 10:42 AM, Mkl22 said:

China style. I personally hate it. 

Save space lo. Sg cannot afford to build mall and condo separately on a piece of land. Maybe in future HDB might also build above mall, like the clementi mall. The HDB is above the mall.

As usual la... closing down to SLA's money making schemes again.

There is really no more heritage in SG, except for the old man and his 100th birth year. CCB.

Many places that brought me good memories have been torn down and redeveloped over the years that I no longer have any good impressions of the ruling party. CCB

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

On 12/26/2023 at 10:57 AM, Beehive3783 said:

As usual la... closing down to SLA's money making schemes again.

There is really no more heritage in SG, except for the old man and his 100th birth year. CCB.

Many places that brought me good memories have been torn down and redeveloped over the years that I no longer have any good impressions of the ruling party. CCB

They want to conserve the dump of people park complex. 😂

bloody eyesore needs to be flattened! 

On 12/26/2023 at 10:32 AM, 13177 said:

Wonder what would those car dealers move all their cars to? I saw there is one part there that parked with many cars waiting to be scrap/export.

actually quite a lot of used cars are still in the sheltered area. based on eye power, maybe 1/3 occupied. 

i went to the back where the antique shops are, still no signs of shifting out. 

↡ Advertisement