MAZDA 6

Voxy28

Please share with me as well... your car effect really really nice :)

yes pls share...do ur workshop do for conti also?

Pm'D 

Glad you like it.

You have great taste in colour. Sparkling blue mica right. Love those little sparkles on the paint. Did you opt for the pro version of the PPS?

Same colour as mine too.

↡ Advertisement

Hi guys

Driving Mazda 6 2.0L Aug 2008 model.

Left 17months to COE expiry.

Went test drive Mazda3, Altis, Elantra, HRV, Vitara but all don't feel good.

Maybe too much electronic stuff. Paying things I don't usually used and need to incur cost for repair in the future.

Hate the istop thingy, as bigger battery, need to pay more to change in the future.

Don't like the touch screen panel, if breakdown, cant on/off, means cant even get to listen to the radio.

My car done maintenance regularly and I enjoy the steering feel and drive, consider to renew COE, anyone done it?

Engine any problem down the road? Most worry about the engine.

What's your mileage now? I would be more concerned about the gearbox than the engine...
  • Praise 1

Hi guys

Driving Mazda 6 2.0L Aug 2008 model.

Left 17months to COE expiry.

Went test drive Mazda3, Altis, Elantra, HRV, Vitara but all don't feel good.

Maybe too much electronic stuff. Paying things I don't usually used and need to incur cost for repair in the future.

Hate the istop thingy, as bigger battery, need to pay more to change in the future.

Don't like the touch screen panel, if breakdown, cant on/off, means cant even get to listen to the radio.

My car done maintenance regularly and I enjoy the steering feel and drive, consider to renew COE, anyone done it?

Engine any problem down the road? Most worry about the engine.

I was also driving 2008 car and sceptical with all the latest tech/touch-screen/keyless.

But so far so good after switching.

Better comfort level with all the tech.

Just need to get used to the tech...

And pray that there is a backup plan when the tech fails down the road.

• Praise 1

I booked early in Nov'16 so machine grey top up is $500. I heard now is $1000 top up.

Only looks slight different under strong lights. Else look very much like meteor grey in MCP.

Just to share, went for 5k servicing last week. Highlighted the front brake noise at slow speed. The technician say they did some lubrication and adjustment. Not Lower Control Arm Bush issue.

Now it's fine. Yeh!!!

My car was installed with Thinkware F770 camera with parking recording. Came back from holiday, as expected the camera will auto off when battery voltage drops below a 12.7v. (Can be adjusted)

Car start as normal. Battery did not died.

But iStop wasn't working for a few days.

Checked with Mazda, they say they don't recommend parking recording as it consumes and drains battery. The technician gave me a sheet of paper stating the conditions for iStop to work properly. My battery SOC "state of charge" was 60%. iStop requires 67% to function.

Drove for another day and everything works fine now.

• Praise 1

What's your mileage now? I would be more concerned about the gearbox than the engine...

Ya, you are right. Gearbox need attention too.

Mileage 190K

I was also driving 2008 car and sceptical with all the latest tech/touch-screen/keyless.

But so far so good after switching.

Better comfort level with all the tech.

Just need to get used to the tech...

And pray that there is a backup plan when the tech fails down the road.

Nice to know that.

• Praise 1

My car was installed with Thinkware F770 camera with parking recording. Came back from holiday, as expected the camera will auto off when battery voltage drops below a 12.7v. (Can be adjusted)

Checked with Mazda, they say they don't recommend parking recording as it consumes and drains battery. The technician gave me a sheet of paper stating the conditions for iStop to work properly. My battery SOC "state of charge" was 60%. iStop requires 67% to function.

Can share what are the recommended conditions for the istop to work properly?

I am thinking of changing the free Papago camera to an aftermarket one. Would you recommend the thinkware F770?

• Praise 1

How much does it cost to replace the gearbox

hmm 190K and need to change GB ah...not so lasting le......

ah ha...so the iStop taps the power from main battery to work well?

• Praise 1

Will take picture of the iStop sheet share tonight.

The free Papago cam is very basic. Night video quality quite bad.

Installed F770. No regrets. Very slim and hide behind mirror. Driver side cannot see the cam.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi everyone,

I just took delivery of my mazda 6 2.5 Premium. But my boot floor is raised 6cm to allow for a bigger temporary spare wheel. I remembered the one at the showroom, its boot floor is not raised. The boot capacity look much smaller now.

Am i getting the same spec as other new owner here ? Or they fitted my car with lower spec ?

JH

Edited by jhleong
↡ Advertisement