Custom officers "tips"

Augleo

Neutral Newbie

recently, any1 encounter that M custom officers asking whether u need to change their currency? After giving the S$, there isnt any currency in return. if u keep waiting, officer will give u a stack of white card. if u persist waiting, a bigger stack of white card will be given. till the car behind u ...horning n u hv no choice but proceed w/o getting your wanted currency.

↡ Advertisement

Have not personally encountered but have heard from a good friend who runs a business there. They will ask for exchange and either they take the money outright or they will give you back in RM$ of the same numerical figure, therefore earning the foreign exchange. It happens but not very frequent and usually during the peak/holiday season. Guess they take advantage of the infrequent traveller to JB.

That's another form of taking $$$ from you. For me.... I was asked to exchange money from a pump attendant..... (what they take us for... idiots? [hur] ) I just told him no and walked off.

Well... you can say you don't have Sing currency and play it by ear lor. What happens is that many unsuspecting people just fish out the money and then they've been had.

Guess the fella can make a fuss, ask heaps of questions on your entry and delay stamping the passport, but then it'll not be your fault for not moving along. If you passport is in order, there's really not much they can do but waste a couple of mins of your time.

Neutral Newbie
recently, any1 encounter that M custom officers asking whether u need to change their currency? After giving the S$, there isnt any currency in return. if u keep waiting, officer will give u a stack of white card. if u persist waiting, a bigger stack of white card will be given. till the car behind u ...horning n u hv no choice but proceed w/o getting your wanted currency.

die liao...they ppl reali very creative...

now better prepare somemore RM b4 entering liao

Neutral Newbie

wat if we install hidden cctv (something like cabby) to record their action of bribing us?? if possible, i wanted to invest one so tat can sue them [mad]

Cannot imgine if they really succeed in getting disneyland up in their land, with help from tokyo disneyland..... what will happen next????

...Ride attendent: "...Queue too long, cannot wait??? want to change currency?" [laugh]

...or Not, because 50% of ride breakdown due to lack of maintance [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

Fren,

The one you talk about is immegration officer, not custom officer.

I have many nencounters, but no hue.

never heard custom officers can do currency exchange..either change in Sg or the My currency exchange ppl

Have not personally encountered but have heard from a good friend who runs a business there. They will ask for exchange and either they take the money outright or they will give you back in RM$ of the same numerical figure, therefore earning the foreign exchange. It happens but not very frequent and usually during the peak/holiday season. Guess they take advantage of the infrequent traveller to JB.

That's another form of taking $$$ from you. For me.... I was asked to exchange money from a pump attendant..... (what they take us for... idiots? [hur] ) I just told him no and walked off.

haha...not all msia are bad..for one..i met a good msian..lolx....

i rode ma bike in 2nd link...pump 30RM...gave 50RM...i got back 30RM..lolx..i was paid 10RM for pumping at petronas..gd deal! lolx...i quickly rode off....lol...

another incident, weekday afternoon, come back sg from 2nd link, M custom officers stopped me, ask mi why nv on headlite....

while alighting from the bike, i push the on button (right side of the handlebar)...den i asked...'got meh?' i nv on meh? lolx...

they LPPL let mi go..wahaha..my ex gf was wif mi.....

↡ Advertisement