My friend recently lost a Camry in JH, how to protect u car in JH?

Franksg

Neutral Newbie

My friend recently lost a Camry in JH. He parked his car near a small restaurant for lunch. After lunch, he found his car gone. How do you protect your car when you drive to Malaysia?

[dizzy]

↡ Advertisement

Sorry to hear of your friend's misfortune.

JH = JoHor?

There's no full-proof way to protect a car, cos whatever is man-made can be man-broken. But we can provide disincentives and deterrents to would-be thieves.

For example, a good mechanical lock (eg. Disklok full steering wheel cover, which is the only one which is even effective), electronic immobilisers, careful choosing of parking area, etc.

On a lighter note, I say the best way is to drive something they don't have or don't want (eg. Subaru, Lada, Skoda) and park beside a group of RAV4 or CRVs. Guaranteed they won't even look at your car.[laugh]

Sorry, but for our knowledge and protection, would you be able to provide some info please?

- Which area is this, roughly? Was it in full view of crowds?

- What kind of security (immobilisers, alarms, locks) did your friend have?

My friend recently lost a Camry in JH. He parked his car near a small restaurant for lunch. After lunch, he found his car gone. How do you protect your car when you drive to Malaysia?

[dizzy]

dun go there la [sly]

Neutral Newbie

Simple. When you go to lunch or leave the car out of sight, remove and bring along fuel pump relay. On my car the engine ECU is slide in fit with big connector. So i have brought my ECU to lunch too. Car is not equipped with alarm. I do use a very visable steering lock.

[dizzy]

Like many suggested, best not to drive in! Especially just for makan and shopping, not worth it after all.......

If really no choice, try to park the car within your vision, use good branded steering lock....

Good luck...