Toyota Yaris 1.8 Dual VVT-I unveiled!

Shouyi

which toyota are you talking about ... HiAce or Liteace [laugh][laugh][laugh]

"SPORTS CHASSIS AND SUSPENSION

The strong Yaris platform has been further adapted to give the TS handling to match its increased power and performance. Modifications to the suspension and steering increase driving pleasure, without compromising refinement.

To improve body and suspension rigidity, the front suspension members have been reinforced and a linking rod has been introduced between the rear members. Lowering the suspension by 8mm gives the TS a more sporting appearance and retuning the springs and shock absorbers increases stability at speed. Adjustments to the front springs and the use of a thicker anti-roll bar reduce body roll and improve high speed cornering performance.

The electric power steering has also been sharpened to a 13.2:1 ratio, giving lock-to-lock in 2.3 turns, compared with14.2:1 and 3.0 turns for the standard Yaris."

This is not simply a lup bigger engine in a small car job.

However the output from a 1.8L Dual-VVTi engine is a little weak.

I shall sae engine power is average, nt realli underpowered.

If i take Opel Astra 1.8L, tt one onli churns out abt 120bhp.

Proton Waja 1.8L - 120bhp

As for torque figure(173NM), its very close to civic 174NM.

Neutral Newbie

The single vvt-i 1.8 1zz-fe engine is currently rated at 130hp.

I'm not sure if they are the same engine code, but at least have the same displacement.

My guess is that the fuel economy is improved, torque curve changed with this new double vvt-i.

Neutral Newbie

Yaris has the semi(non)-independent torsion beam rear suspension. Or the trailing "H" suspension used in Corollas. It isn't that good for performance driving anyway.

The single vvt-i 1.8 1zz-fe engine is currently rated at 130hp.

I'm not sure if they are the same engine code, but at least have the same displacement.

My guess is that the fuel economy is improved, torque curve changed with this new double vvt-i.

I totally agree... it prolly the FC and torque curve that have been changed, and i also wouldnt be surprised if its the 1zz-fe with an upgraded head. IMHO should have gone with a detuned 2ZZ but i guess applying newer tech for their bread and butter engine would be the better cost-return choice.

↡ Advertisement