ERP carpark in office dilemma.

Liping24

Neutral Newbie

My father was telling me his office has implemented the ERP parking system.

Meaning to say, the management will allow a monthly season parking based on the IU serial number. They do not allow a person to register two/more IU serial number for seaon parking, unless you pay for another season parking lot!

So anyone know how/what is the bast option if my father wants to drive my mum's car to work on certain days.

Don't tell me, to just pay up or to pay hourly rate for the second car.

Is it possible to buy another portable IU (like those for bike) from LTA?

Then just place it on the dashboard of which ever car my father chose to drive on anyday?

↡ Advertisement

Sembcorp manages my carpark and they allow registration of two cars and their IU numbers, the condition is that the two cars must not simultaneously use the parking lot. If in the event of accident/courtesy car, there is a facility to get the season parking temporarily transferred with immediate effect.

Suggest nicely to your car park operator to get with the times, or put up with people calling in to update their IU numbers everytime they drive a different car in to office.

Neutral Newbie

Yeah... I think carpark operators implementing ERP parking should allows registration of more than 1 car subjected to restriction that only one car can be in at any one time.

I would help to encourage car-pooling at the very least.

(Though I know it's not a common practise in Singapore)

u juet need to tell them a few days in advance of the new IU number

else if u have SEASON PARKING , and u know the aunty personally, like me... just smile and she'll open the gantry for u

unfortunately sometimes ppl who implement these things don't think through things properly ... or maybe they are just out to make $$$.

looks like ur dad would just have to stick to one car or go discuss with building management, explain situation & see what they say.

by the way, has the parking charges go up ? My previous office's parking lot did when they change from magnetic card (those with mag. strip that you need to insert into the reader type) to ERP.... shakehead.gif Quite substantial some more ....

My season parking is with the Cineleisure... and it uses the same ERP system too... They allowed me to register 2 cars, but at any one time, only one car is allowed to be driven in... At times, I would drive a third car to work. So when I reached the carpark in the morning, I would drive by the management office and inform them of it... They would temporary update the computer system for my third car...

In theory, they can do this, but I think the building management is taking a lazy route in managing parking. Also gives them an excuse to charge you more money. Don't believe.. wait a few months.. they will increase parking charges to offset the ERP implementation.

I never like ERP parking system. Reason being that my boss could asked the management to scan my vehicle to see at what time I come in and left office. [shakehead][shakehead][shakehead]

Never really support the ideal of ERP parking system.

Was your dad's office parking self-managed i.e. the building house only one company ?

In my case, the entire complex + carpark was under C*****l L**d. So price increase, we can only suck-thumb.

Neutral Newbie

There are a few companies in the factory buildings.

I think the carpark is managed by Mapletree?

I am surprised to learn that other operator allows two IU serial number.

For Burlington Square, they use the Cashcard system too and season parking is tagged to the IU number. They don't allow two cars to be registered under the same season parking holder too. If you are going to drive a different car to work, you have to go to the office to temporarily switch numbers.

Same stupid system as my office.

Once in a while, I will drive other cars into the place. Just go give problem to the management and ask them to temp transfer the parking to the other car lor.

They make noise, tell them its not my problem...you wanna save money on RFID tags and use our IU instead to tag the cars....then they have to make allowance for the inconvenience caused by their own silly system.

So tell your dad to drive in...you paid for parking for 1 car...it does not matter what car you park there. They just happy happy assume that everyone can only afford 1 car.