Carpark that only accept cashcard (with chip)

kopfan

Hi all, anyone else experiencing carpark that accept the traditional cashcard with chip only? Due to my old cashcard expired after 7 years, I am using flashpay netts in my IU now. Not facing any issue with all erp and every carpark till Cathay Cineplex. When exiting the carpark, the system only can take cashcard with chip. Anyone experienced any other carpark as well?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I also keep 2 cash cards. The flash one and the one with chip cos really mega-cock ass car park system some really only accept the cash card with "chip"

I think Singapore NETS should address this issue. Why cos they are the ones who keep the $$ isn't it when we top up $$$

Or another reason being that car park owner bo-chap or no $$ to upgrade the reader to read both types of cards.

Automobile Megamart (AML). Had a bad experience there once after visiting the SG carmart office. I had left my NETS cashcard in another car and the Flashpay card wasn't accepted. Had to get security to open the barrier for me and pay in cash after I reached the ground floor.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Haha! 1

Automobile Megamart (AML). Had a bad experience there once after visiting the SG carmart office. Had to get security to open the barrier for me and pay in cash after I reached the ground floor.

I also say

Esp the getting out of your car part

Hahahhahahha

• Haha! 1

Apple store carpark erp gantry also must wind down window and tap to exit

Many carpark operators don’t want to waste money to repair or upgrade their system

If whole SG just use ezlink

Will be good for everyone

I also say

Esp the getting out of your car part

Hahahhahahha

I think I made sure carpark auntie gave me drive through service (at my window). :D

NETS cashcard with chip is 100% acceptance.

Use that one, no issues.

NETS Cashcard only got 2 uses now, pay for car park and ERP. Ezlink card can be use for public transport, car park and ERP which is more convenient except that I got one very bad experience at NUH whereby all the ATMs from different bank all failed to allow me to top up the Ezlink Card.

Those car park that only accept cashcard, the fault is not with the building owners but rather the companies which managed the car park refuse to upgrade it because upgrading cost will need to come out from their pocket not from the building owners.

Hi I am facing the same problem with the new contactless cash card since my old chip based card expired. Called Nets numerous times. Their excuse is some carpark owners have not updated their equipment. Told them that is not my problem they have to ensure all equipment can read the new contactless card. Since you monopolise (only provider) the nets transactions in singapore, you must ensure that all machines can use the cash card. If not do not terminate the chip based cashcard. Hope LTA, minister of transport will look into this matter. Dont shift the buck to us users which do not have any recourse.

• Praise 7

Actually can't blame the carpark operators completely. 

NETS - should ensure that their new updates are backward compatible and not expect everyone to keep upgrading.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2