Jump to content

Do you use the auto function of the headlights?


Yeshe
 Share

Recommended Posts

Turbocharged

Hey guys,

 

just out of curiousity, do you guys use the auto function of the headlight ( if your car comes with one ) ?

 

i remember for manual type, normally we have to turn off the headlights and in any case, its not recommended to put it 'on' as it will shorten the battery light everytime you start the car due to surge of current, similar to air con and radio.

 

however, with the auto function, i believe there should be a protection circuit to prevent current surge? or else whats the use of the auto if its not put on auto in the first place [gossip]

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine comes with the auto headlight function but I do off it whenever I stopped my car's engine. It could be quite annoying when the car passes under a bridge under poor lighting, it comes on and off.. Scully people think I am flashing at them for no reason. laugh.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

First time when i drive my dad's camry this happen i thought the light [hur][hur] .

 

He then taught me how to off it so everything i drive i will off it. Lightblub forr camry not cheap lei. [rifle]

Link to post
Share on other sites

I normally will leave it on auto. Its supposed to work that way

to give you a better view when in "not so bright" conditions such

as tunnels etc. [:)]

Link to post
Share on other sites

A few years back when I drove a conti ride with this function, ppl thought I flash them during the day. The sensor kind of sensitive sky overcast also on. [hur]

 

Inside tunnel auto on. Somemore bi-xenon white light(factory fitted) bloody bright. Ppl start giving way and gave me weird looks. Cos at that time auto on headlights just came out and not many cars have them as standard.

 

I know it's pretty hassle free and u dun have to fiddle with the switches and such but I still prefer to turn it on manually. Although my ride now dun have auto-on function, it's something that I dun really need in a car.

Edited by Watwheels
Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged

so u mean u dun use it?

 

my point is, if its suppose to be a helpful feature, why most people dun use it if your car comes with it?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys,

 

just out of curiousity, do you guys use the auto function of the headlight ( if your car comes with one ) ?

 

i remember for manual type, normally we have to turn off the headlights and in any case, its not recommended to put it 'on' as it will shorten the battery light everytime you start the car due to surge of current, similar to air con and radio.

 

however, with the auto function, i believe there should be a protection circuit to prevent current surge? or else whats the use of the auto if its not put on auto in the first place [gossip]

 

If my car has it ... I'll definitely use it .... [nod][nod]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Then people will post you at Stomp/MCF/SGforums

 

A crazy Colt flash me for no reason wanna jio me race.. CCB!! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Ermz.. That could be due to the auto headlights also.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah. I too like u prefer not to have them. I have tried them all...what auto headlight, rain sensing wipers, tyre pressure monitor, auto tilt side mirror.... blah x3.

 

These things dun have a human brain attached to it. Sometimes it does not do the things u want them to do which makes u think it's a stupid system after all.

 

That's why I say it's something u dun really need in a car

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...