Private Ambulance Act AS Though ...............

Picnic06-Biante15

Was to send my MIA who is wheel chair bound for medical checkup this morning at 0755hrs when a private ambulance was blocking the only ramp at the entrance from the car park to the lift landing.

The driver of the ambulance was very very very selfish, incorrigible attitute, and his incriminate parking causing inconvenient to others (myself and another family who's mother also in wheel chair) in using the ramp to go to our vehicles.

The driver came down with one patient on their strectcher and I questioned him why can't he park in an orderly manner and he can use the handicap lot beside. The ambulance attendance (indian guy) shouted that this is am ambulance and he has the right to park as they are attending to cases..... [hur][hur][hur]

I returned his anger with evenly loud voice that even this is an ambulance, they should park in a proper lot rather than parking in such manner that cause inconvenient to other users.

(Please see the pictures to understand my point of view. My MIA in picture 1 partly hidden)

He than reply my question with "You can call 999 and call the police here. Police say that when they are on call, they can park anyhow"........ [shocked][shocked][shocked]

What an idiot he is to reply to me in such manner for what I know that private ambulance are for non emergency cases only.

Since he had challenge me with his rights, I will write to the proper authorities (TP, HDB & LTA) to clarify the right to park in proper manner at HDB car park for ambulances..... [mad][mad][mad]

You challenge the wrong guy...... [sly][sly][sly]

post-77-1210650619_thumb.jpg

post-77-1210650620_thumb.jpg

post-77-1210650619_thumb.jpg

post-77-1210650620_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

First thing is the indiscriminate parking. Then to make matter worse, argue. Should have apologise and move on.

Put it to stomp and newspaper to add pressure.

[sweatdrop] Relag lah. This is no big deal. They park like that for a while only. Let's move on lah.

U want HDB to come out with ambulance lot meh? Private ambulance ferry disable or senior citizens or maybe cancer patients. Let them stop in which ever way it's easier for them to disembark/board their passengers.

We're not ambulance drivers, some things we may not understand how difficult it is. Stop making ppl's job difficult as it's. Let go & move on lah.

I think what the TS is upset about is that the ambulance is taking up 2 of these special needs lots as it is (the lot for the disabled, as well as the usual "no parking" lot beside such lots for the diabled).

I can agree that ambubulances can use these lots, and in cases of emergancies, no one should really find fault with their usage (even if badly parked)

But if the ambulance driver can still afford to argue with the TS, I certainly don't think there's any life threatening emergency case here

I find it ok lah. Cos they're doing their job and it only takes a while. If they stop like that and go for lunch dan they are not being "automatic", for sure ppl will kpkb.

u remind me of the ah neh in the "just follow law" show, u canot park here, i will clamp ur fire engine.. !!! [laugh][laugh]

but seriously, i tink ur anger now is more on the attitude of the driver towards you and not the way he park. [sly]

but in anyway, ambulane always haf the benefit of doubt, cos they might be in a situation of life-saving, attending to old ppl who had fallen down, asthma..etc...

i understand ur M.I.A need to use the ramp, but definitely the people who need the ambulance had the highest priority.

Imagine one day u need to use the ambulance during emergency(touch wood), the ambulance driver still try to take his time and park properly. [hur]

Neutral Newbie

hi, how u question him in e 1st place? do u raise ur voice? cos u said he shouted that this is an ambulance. tink if said nicely maybe the driver can move off. it's the tone perhaps. he's in the wrong no doubt.

Cos they're doing their job and it only takes a while.

Doing their job is one thing, they took 15 minutes to come down. What happen if some other more emergency require to use that ramp...... [mad][mad][mad]

Beside it is a handicap lot, they could park there. NObody says that they could not use the handicap lot.....

I was delayed for 15 minutes and late for appointment at SGH, knowing the morning traffic along CTE..... [:|][:|][:|]

Bloody selfish bugger....let's see him argue on la if his job is at stake...a$$hle

Nice meetin you bro...all the best in your new venturethumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

(edited)

Huh?... you asking me? Me no ambulance driver leh... [laugh]

I'm saying that that their using those lots is understandable. But I'm not advocating that they should any-oh-how park... unless it's an emergency.

I re-read my post. I did not state that I think he should have parked PROPERLY in the in this case, which I think he should since he can argue with you, he's case cannot be an emergency case

Edited by Scoots

how u question him in e 1st place?

When the driver came down, I tell him this is not the way to park. I did says that you are very selfish to parjk in such manner.

Then the malay driver buay song and his assistant shouted at me to call poilce. He also mention that even police allow them to park in such manner....

If not for them to send someone to hospital, I would have stop my vechicle right infront of their path and slowly assist my MIA to get on board my vcehicle.....

Both can play this game of selfish act..... [sly][sly][sly]

u remind me of the ah neh in the "just follow law" show, u canot park here, i will clamp ur fire engine.. !!! [laugh][laugh]

but seriously, i tink ur anger now is more on the attitude of the driver towards you and not the way he park. [sly]

but in anyway, ambulane always haf the benefit of doubt, cos they might be in a situation of life-saving, attending to old ppl who had fallen down, asthma..etc...

i understand ur M.I.A need to use the ramp, but definitely the people who need the ambulance had the highest priority.

Imagine one day u need to use the ambulance during emergency(touch wood), the ambulance driver still try to take his time and park properly. [hur]

It is not they cannot park.... but why they don't use the handicap lot instead........ [mad][mad][mad]

Could it be that half the ambulance up the ramp could upload the patient better..... [hur][hur][hur]

I only know that half way up the ramp at JB could add extra liters of petrol into your tank.... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

If they use handicap lot they'll be blocked by the handicap signpost, difficult to get the patient out. [laugh] Uniquely S'pore.

The uneven grass patch just after the handicap lot may cause them to fall. [laugh]

They took so long cos they have to help un-secure the patient first b4 they can get down.

BTW what is your MIA means Mother-In-Action? [laugh]

↡ Advertisement