Titanic joke

Darth_mel

The Titanic was sinking, and there weren't enough lifeboats.

So the captain had to persuade male passengers to jump into the icy waters to make room for women and children.

To the British he said. 'You must act like gentlemen.' They jumped.

To the Americans he said, 'You can be heroes.' They complied.

To the Germans he said, 'It's the rule.' They obeyed.

To the Japanese he said,' It's the consensus.' They obliged.

Then came the Singaporeans and they just weren't budging until he came up with the appeal: 'Free life jackets for those who jumped!'

↡ Advertisement

Actually, there was some reports a few months ago...stated that more Brits men (as oppose to women and kids) die in the Titanic cos they were gentlemanly. They queue to get to the lifeboat, allow the women and kids into the lifeboat 1st, then walked to the back of the queue to wait for their turn. For those who knew there wasn't enough lifeboat, simply bade farewell and walked to the back of the ship, ready to down with the ship.

Actually, there was some reports a few months ago...stated that more Brits men (as oppose to women and kids) die in the Titanic cos they were gentlemanly. They queue to get to the lifeboat, allow the women and kids into the lifeboat 1st, then walked to the back of the queue to wait for their turn. For those who knew there wasn't enough lifeboat, simply bade farewell and walked to the back of the ship, ready to down with the ship.

life is short. Die with honour

Got another version of the joke:

Once, three Army Generals was on board a ship. While chatting, the US army general decided to do a test to find out which country has the toughest and bravest soldier.

The British general called upon his Sergent and commanded: "Jump into the shark infested water, swim round the ship once and report to me." The soldier salutes the general before he swam around the ship quickly, dodging all the sharks and returned. The British general grinned @ the other 2 generals.

The US general ordered his lieutenant: "Jump into the water and bring me a shark." "Sir! yes Sir!" the soldier saluted, before jumping into the sea armed and wrestled a shark with only a jungle knife. After a while, the soldier came back with battered, but with dragging along a dead shark. The US general grinned at the two other generals proudly.

Not wanting to lose face, the Singapore general ordered his soldier: "Eh.. Private.. Jump into the water and bring me a shark. Can only use bare hands ar.." The private looked @ the general for a while before reacting: "Eh.. Sir.. you siao is it? So dangerous thing ask me to do.. Who going to explain to my parents if something happens?! Kanina.. you jump in and try yourself la.." The general pats the soldier's shoulder proudly and said to the other generals: "See.. your soldiers brave enough to defy your orders or not?"