Unhappy experience @SK Carz

Friendstar

SK Carz Advertisement

Over the weekend, I visited SK Carz for their $38 special grooming promotion. This is the title of their promotion:

"SK Carz Complete Car Grooming Package @ $38!!!"

It was indeed a forgettable experience. (I hope).

They asked for my i/c when i first got there. Was wondering why there's a need to do so....... I always feel uncomfortable to surrender my i/c to small shops like this. I contemplated before deciding to give it to them.

Then the receptionist said she'll need to inspect my car's condition. Upon touching my car, the first thing she commented was that the $38 promotion will NOT remove those stains (bird sh|ts/water mark etc) found on my car, nor will it remove the rough surface feeling.

In fact, she suggested upgrading me to a $138 package, which can do so.

If i continue with the $38 promotion, the result will be similar to a normal car wash from a petrol kiosk.

I'm a non-fussy customer looking for an affordable car grooming service.

I kept my cool and asked for my i/c to be returned. I said goodbye to SK Carz forever and traveled home from bukit batok to bedok.

In addition, I'll take home with me 3 cancellations from my friend, colleague and relative.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

wah...i tink if my car also sure kena like this. lucky this guy experienced it 1st.save my trip there.

Yeah, sounds too good to be true.

But it is true that there are mobile polishers who do relatively good interior/exterior grooming job for between $40~$50, depending on car size.

such promo always got up sell one.

free spa, free facial wash etc...go there, ask u sign member, pay for the materials to be used for spa/facial.

Sometimes I only want a simple wash and polish on the exterior of my car. I think there is a business for such basic polish service. Somethink like those $10 hair cut.

Maybe a basic 30 mins Wash & Polish exterior service!

I do not like to pass my keys to those shopping center polisher.

Also those polisher will be sweaty and body full of waxs residue, they will leave the musky smell in my car when I retrieve it from them. Sometimes, the car seat will suddenly become very slippery if they apply amore all on my seat or due to the waxs residue from they pants while sitting in the car.

Anyone got cheap and simple polish kang Tao to recommend?

Neutral Newbie

Upgradz to $138 for bikini grooming?

Do you look like a LTK? [lipsrsealed]

$38 is too good to be true for me to take an effort to go.

post-33887-1245573393_thumb.jpg

SK Carz Advertisement

Over the weekend, I visited SK Carz for their $38 special grooming promotion. This is the title of their promotion:

"SK Carz Complete Car Grooming Package @ $38!!!"

It was indeed a forgettable experience. (I hope).

They asked for my i/c when i first got there. Was wondering why there's a need to do so....... I always feel uncomfortable to surrender my i/c to small shops like this. I contemplated before deciding to give it to them.

Then the receptionist said she'll need to inspect my car's condition. Upon touching my car, the first thing she commented was that the $38 promotion will NOT remove those stains (bird sh|ts/water mark etc) found on my car, nor will it remove the rough surface feeling.

In fact, she suggested upgrading me to a $138 package, which can do so.

If i continue with the $38 promotion, the result will be similar to a normal car wash from a petrol kiosk.

I'm a non-fussy customer looking for an affordable car grooming service.

I kept my cool and asked for my i/c to be returned. I said goodbye to SK Carz forever and traveled home from bukit batok to bedok.

In addition, I'll take home with me 3 cancellations from my friend, colleague and relative.

Produce IC for car grooming? Is it operated by Ah Long or what?[/b]

cheap things most of the time don't come good...and good things most of the time don't come cheap too...I think we must realise this fact so as not to waste our time on "up to 80% discount, all goods must go" tactics...!!!

errr u'll see lots of tanned-looking guys there.

cheap things most of the time don't come good...and good things most of the time don't come cheap too...I think we must realise this fact so as not to waste our time on "up to 80% discount, all goods must go" tactics...!!!

at least i never spend $38

only the wasted petrol bill. <_<

Produce IC for car grooming? Is it operated by Ah Long or what?[/b]

i was a bit apprehensive about that too....

even car servicing, something which runs to hundreds of dollars, don't require giving them my i/c

This makes petrol kiosk car wash value for money. [laugh]

If $38 results like a normal car wash at petrol kiosk, I wonder what kind of fantastic grooming when one pays $138.

Sometimes I only want a simple wash and polish on the exterior of my car. I think there is a business for such basic polish service. Somethink like those $10 hair cut.

Maybe a basic 30 mins Wash & Polish exterior service!

I do not like to pass my keys to those shopping center polisher.

Also those polisher will be sweaty and body full of waxs residue, they will leave the musky smell in my car when I retrieve it from them. Sometimes, the car seat will suddenly become very slippery if they apply amore all on my seat or due to the waxs residue from they pants while sitting in the car.

Anyone got cheap and simple polish kang Tao to recommend?

same here.

i only want something no-frills and affordable... i don't need those fanciful detailing kit etc.

i was really very disappointed when they kept showing all my car's flaws like watermarks, stains, etc etc... and tell me those $38 cannot do, but $138 can do.

(edited)

why didnt u ask them why they need ur IC for?

for registration, veh number sld be sufficient.

Edited by Babyt

oooooooooohhhhh [gorgeous] [gorgeous] [gorgeous]

lobang plox. [laugh]

i wouldnt trust bikini clad people (male or female) to polish or wax my car. put shampoo spray water ok lah. (paris hilton...hmmm...)

↡ Advertisement