Hyundai Advante vs Kia Cerato Forte vs Honda Fit

Raymondkohms

yes, i know the BMW is not in this discusion. wad i am trying to say is that i dun tink the salesman will be willing to pay $1k+ installment for a 4yr old BMW just for the sake of image when he can get the brand new forte at $600++

Okay, But if i want to impress my customer, i will not go for both car liao. I go for Sonata, i believe alot of ppl will respect me.. Cause the running cost likely to enable me to own a Merc Liao [laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Dude lower loan ? By how much 5~8k ? What is the interest for the on a shorter term ? Let's assume you keep for 3 years 3*2.6%*8k more = 624 more on interest ? While facing a higher insurance above 1k*3 = lost 3k , a higher road tax and a potentially higher depreciation cost? Resale prices for KR cars has never being good as compared to FIT. So I'm still not sure where do u save on.

I have never known that you would save more changing cars rather than keeping it , if the car isn't giving you problems.

Yes bro, all i was trying to say is that while you were saying forte is cheaper upfront but over the long term the ownership cost is higher due to higher road tax, insurance, etc. (which may be true), but this amount of higher long term cost is slightly negated by the $624 higher interest cost. So for example the additional $3k of insurance that you cited is offset by the $624 u save in interest, i am just trying to balance the argument. No doubt Forte might be slightly more expensive than Fit but the intangible value of the non-unsubstantial additional features in Forte may make it worth while for those who appreciate those extras. Whereas those who treasure Fit's fold down rear seats which creates a huge loading volume, then well, it would be Fit for them. As i said, different ppl = different needs = different cars. Dun just argue on one side (finance).

Lastly, when did i say would save more from changing car rather than keeping it?

Since we mentioned insurance, can anyone enlighten me on wat determines insurance price (in terms of the car, not the driver). Cos i dun understand why Forte insurance is so much higher than Fit.

Edited by Kar_lover

Okay, But if i want to impress my customer, i will not go for both car liao. I go for Sonata, i believe alot of ppl will respect me.. Cause the running cost likely to enable me to own a Merc Liao [laugh][laugh]

wa, now u bring sonata in....siao leow....haha

wa, now u bring sonata in....siao leow....haha

No lah... its causual remark ok? if not we see A4 and the likes start flying in. Then our debate will be driving Bently and rolls royce or Ferrari Vs Porsche Vs Lambo.

No lah... its causual remark ok? if not we see A4 and the likes start flying in. Then our debate will be driving Bently and rolls royce or Ferrari Vs Porsche Vs Lambo.

Haha, i was just kidding....

Btw, any info on why Forte insurance so high?

they are seen to be performing well...

but better to eat humble pie...be like everybody else...

sales will then shoot through the roof into the sky!!

then can buy even bigger house and bigger car!!

haha

HUAT Ah!!

[laugh] [laugh]

Sales man for Redbull are given WRX each to drive.

Haha, i was just kidding....

Btw, any info on why Forte insurance so high?

Cause its a korean car?

I know of that VW 1.4 TC insurance is lower than forte.

Yes bro, all i was trying to say is that while you were saying forte is cheaper upfront but over the long term the ownership cost is higher due to higher road tax, insurance, etc. (which may be true), but this amount of higher long term cost is slightly negated by the $624 higher interest cost. So for example the additional $3k of insurance that you cited is offset by the $624 u save in interest, i am just trying to balance the argument. No doubt Forte might be slightly more expensive than Fit but the intangible value of the non-unsubstantial additional features in Forte may make it worth while for those who appreciate those extras. Whereas those who treasure Fit's fold down rear seats which creates a huge loading volume, then well, it would be Fit for them. As i said, different ppl = different needs = different cars. Dun just argue on one side (finance).

Lastly, when did i say would save more from changing car rather than keeping it?

Since we mentioned insurance, can anyone enlighten me on wat determines insurance price (in terms of the car, not the driver). Cos i dun understand why Forte insurance is so much higher than Fit.

Bro , pricing of a car is included in the finance. Or not why would people be arguing on how value for money this car is compared to another if the pricing between the above cars are the same? The TS was trying to find out on the differences and the benefits of the car. While the Kr ride supporters give their view ,i too gave my view since I'm from the finance sector.

So i proposed the benefits of driving a FIT while others are telling us that how value for money their ride is. Which led to my argument. Are you doing the sums correctly? To some they are looking for a ride which is "cheaper" upfront but problem is unless they are buying it with hard cash , it would end up a long term cost am i right? The TS actually mentioned that the ride is intended to keep for 10 years. So i believe the long term cost would be a concern. RIGHT?

As opposed to people telling me that how good a sedan is , i don't see a need for it yet? If so why should i be buying a sedan ? If i needed more boot space i would have gotten myself a freed or a minivan.

As for insurance , the pricing would actually be determined by the past claims the company has against the particular model against similar models in that category. If the general amount of claims were lesser against similar models i believe insurance would be slightly lower. Of course there are many other factors in the pricing, i'm just naming one of them

That's the reason why WRX has a higher insurance pricing as opposed to legacy or forester.

Edited by CH_CO

Dude lower loan ? By how much 5~8k ? What is the interest for the on a shorter term ? Let's assume you keep for 3 years 3*2.6%*8k more = 624 more on interest ? While facing a higher insurance above 1k*3 = lost 3k , a higher road tax and a potentially higher depreciation cost? Resale prices for KR cars has never being good as compared to FIT. So I'm still not sure where do u save on.

I have never known that you would save more changing cars rather than keeping it , if the car isn't giving you problems.

I called up to ask for the insurance for honda fit.

Where exactly did the 1k more expensive thing come from?

the reverse camera, i give it to you.

are right about that, they do give reverse camera.

but the rest, i doubt.

for age 28 0%NCD, quoted:

forte 1.6 cost me 2400+- per year

fit 1.3 cost me 2300+- per year

road tax for 1.3 litre =590

road tax for 1.6 litre = 738

forte driven for almost a year.

nothing went wrong till now except for changing one head light bulb of of about $20.

I didn't know i had to change car till you mention it.

Why do i have to change forte again?

How exactly u calculate your loan?

10 years, zero downpayent for both.

fit GF =60k (you price)*2.6%*10=15600+60k=$75600

forte SX1.6A = 48k (my price)*2.6*10=12480+48k=$60480

the different = $15120

the diferent of $15120 for a reverse camera = value?

to add a reverse camera+GPS = $895 for forte.

plus maintanance, jap part is not as cheap as you think.

My GF got 1.4 jazz, servicing is like 600++, she did the servicing outside still need 300-400++.

how cheap can your maintanance be?

you sure you got your fact right?

Depreciation figures are based the yearly depreciation of the vehicle based on the assumption that the vehicle is deregistered only at the end of its 10-yr COE life-span. The value of the car body has not been taken into account.

The formula used to derive the figure is as follows:

Depreciation = (List Price - Min. PARF value)

I called up to ask for the insurance for honda fit.

Where exactly did the 1k more expensive thing come from?

the reverse camera, i give it to you.

are right about that, they do give reverse camera.

but the rest, i doubt.

for age 28 0%NCD, quoted:

forte 1.6 cost me 2400+- per year

fit 1.3 cost me 2300+- per year

road tax for 1.3 litre =590

road tax for 1.6 litre = 738

forte driven for almost a year.

nothing went wrong till now except for changing one head light bulb of of about $20.

I didn't know i had to change car till you mention it.

Why do i have to change forte again?

How exactly u calculate your loan?

10 years, zero downpayent for both.

fit GF =60k (you price)*2.6%*10=15600+60k=$75600

the different = $15120

the diferent of $15120 for a reverse camera = value?

to add a reverse camera+GPS = $895 for forte.

plus maintanance, jap part is not as cheap as you think.

My GF got 1.4 jazz, servicing is like 600++, she did the servicing outside still need 300-400++.

how cheap can your maintanance be?

you sure you got your fact right?

Depreciation figures are based the yearly depreciation of the vehicle based on the assumption that the vehicle is deregistered only at the end of its 10-yr COE life-span. The value of the car body has not been taken into account.

The formula used to derive the figure is as follows:

Depreciation = (List Price - Min. PARF value)

Edited by Joseph22

I see many Honda and KIA salesmen here. Haha..~

Anyway,

1) Avante is too common on the road.

2) Forte looks sporty but doesn't feel sporty at all when handle it. Cruze is better.

3) Fit is likely to look nice for female drivers and doesn't seem macho for guys to sit on the driver's seat and in a cute car.

So, if I got to choose -> none of the above.

For 1.5L/1.6L car, I will choose Lancer EX. =p

How come my insurance is like 1.5+k for zero ncd? Am 29 this year? I'm driving a FIT now. My maintenance for 5k is free and 10k is free ? My good friend owns a car workshop and he quoted me 100 for 20k servicing. When have 600 ? Who you bullsh1ting? Another JeRrRKKKK?

56k become 60k ? Can't read? By the way paid full , no interest.

fit GF =56k Flat. Assume take 10 year loan 56k*1.26= 70,560

Now 2,400 - 1,600(round up) = 800 , road tax different 200 , 1k per year , on top of savings in FC. Which constitutes to more than 10k in ten years.

Using a GF model to compare to a basic single air bag SX model with no dvd touchscreen , no foldable mirror , Height Adjustable Seat, the smart key less alarm installed for free? Look whose the joke when you are the one telling me that we should be comparing apples to apple using G model on SX and GF on EX?

A basic G model with 2 air bags and accessories during that time was only 51k.

So 51k*1.26 = 64,260 only ,so difference is only 4k ops?

Don't lose your cool , you are not reasoning.

Edited by CH_CO

forte is a good car but it will not impress people.

This i agree with you.

Performance wise not impressive.

What do we expect from a ordinary 1.6 engine.

Design wise, it look pretty impressive to me.

Afterall value car doesn't means performance car.

Value car just means you get the best deal out of your budget.

Peace.

What did your GF do with her car? 600++ per servicing?

The previous Honda Jazz 1.4 (I-DSI) servcing is only around 100 at Authorised Workshop.

From AD, you sure 100?

I remember her telling me 400-600.

That's why she told me she do outside 200-300.

Well, I dun own the car.

I will check with her again.

Forgive me if i got this one all wrong.

Peace.

Cause its a korean car?

I know of that VW 1.4 TC insurance is lower than forte.

But why would a korean car be more expensive to insure? Is it the parts expensive or korean cars more prone to accident? Should be VW be more expensive to insure since it is more expensive? Assuming the VW 1.4 u're referring to is Jetta which is like $80k++ now compared to Forte at $50k++ if both cars get stolen, wouldn't the insurer need to pay out more to the VW owner? Than how about China car? Even more expensive than Korean (since Korean more exp than Jap & German)?

Edited by Kar_lover

From AD, you sure 100?

Well, I dun own the car.

Peace.

I do at 4 places so far (1) Stamford (2) Comfort Delgro (3) Silent (4) Chuan Lee Hin. All around $130 for basic EO change (full syn) & oil filter only. During my 50k comprehensive servicing was more expensive cos did all the engine flush, coolant flush, CVTF change, change all the brake fluid, etc....

Shouldn't be $200 - $300 unless she opt to do engine & coolant flush each time she service.....

From AD, you sure 100?

Well, I dun own the car.

Peace.

Authorise workshop. Not AD. its very funny situation. Honda got Authorise Workshop other than AD.

You better check with her again. unless you are telling me that its major servcing, if not its highly unlikely. As even my Lancer which was service at C&C is priced at around 200 plus.

the power or engine capacity of the car is the most defining factor for insurance.

1.6 vs 1.3, it is normal that 1.3 has lower ins.

For our road tax system,

1.6 vs 1.3, it is normal that 1.3 has lower road tax

For FC,

1.6 vs 1.3, it is normal that 1.3 has better FC.

Typically, u cannot expect a bigger car or car with bigger engine to have lower maintenance cost than a small 1. The cost of maintenance for 1.6 vs 1.3 is almost the same anyway, even if 1.3 cheaper it is still normal. And pls dun tell me abt ur private friend's workshop because i can do servicing for SGD50 in JB with my 2.0L car also..

So, I would say that, indeed Fit has a lower cost when u talk about upkeeping of the car, vs a 1.6. And it is perfectly normal. Picanto and Rio of cos have lower running cost than a Forte.

But Fit owners have forgotten that they are actually buying a smaller car. No matter how fantastically designed the Fit ever was, ultimately it is a well designed "smaller category" car than a 1.6. - It has a smaller road presence than a 1.6, a smaller interior than a 1.6, smaller boot and a smaller engine than a 1.6

YET costing as someone pointed out with recent figures, 10k more.

And dun forget, a 1.6 owner can enjoy the improved cabin and ride quality anytime. Unless of cos the Kors could still suck in this dept, but it has been shown that an avante's ride quality comparable an altis's. While v likely a 1.3 owner has to contend with a more basic setup, not only for fit, but for any other such car, as they would have to design it to be economical for obvious reasons compared to a standard 1.6 range.

Edited by Windchoco
↡ Advertisement