Chickenbackside 1st Gear January 27, 2010 Share January 27, 2010 (edited) coconut????how to eat? take e whole thing n bite ???????????? Obviously it's not in your diet. NTUC sells whole coconuts that have their outer husks removed and precut for easy opening. Costs $1.20 each. 1) Peel off the top precut section (takes 2 secs using your hand) 2) Stick a straw in and drink the juice 3) Use a spoon to dig out the flesh It requires less cutlery than eating a bowl of noodles at the hawker centre. Guess I'm real [hur] [hur] for even considering eating coconuts. Edited January 27, 2010 by Chickenbackside ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hamburger Hypersonic January 27, 2010 Share January 27, 2010 Obviously it's not in your diet. NTUC sells whole coconuts that have their outer husks removed and precut for easy opening. Costs $1.20 each. 1) Peel off the top precut section (takes 2 secs using your hand) 2) Stick a straw in and drink the juice 3) Use a spoon to dig out the flesh It requires less cutlery than eating a bowl of noodles at the hawker centre. Guess I'm real [hur] [hur] for even considering eating coconuts. oic, of course tat is 1 of my diet. but i cant drink tat much as its too "cooling", always kana backache nxt day if i drink in e previous nite. Btw, some coconut r v sweet, wont it cause an insulin spike like fruit juice?????????? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Skunk Clutched January 27, 2010 Share January 27, 2010 just eat , be fat and die!!! I love to eat like a pig and drink beer like a fish, but without a body as healthy as i can get, i won't be able to do either for long. Of course, this is a conundrum, because the healthiest is to not do both lol So i eat anything i like n drink as much as i like, i make sure i exercise like hell n eat lots of vege, which luckily i love. Any idea if i can continue my boozy ways until 80 years old? hehehe Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chickenbackside 1st Gear January 27, 2010 Share January 27, 2010 Let's look at some popular fruit juices. According to Fitday: 1) Orange juice contains 26.5g of net carbs per cup. 2) Watermelon juice contains 17.0g of net carbs per cup. 3) Carrot juice contains 20.0g of net carbs per cup. 4) Papaya juice contains 34.3g of net carbs per cup. So how about coconut water? Coconut water contains 6.3g of net carbs per cup. So, sure, coconut water contains some carbs. But how much? Is it enough to SPIKE insulin? Producing insulin is a metabolic necessity. Spiking insulin is a metabolic disaster. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hamburger Hypersonic January 27, 2010 Share January 27, 2010 (edited) and i thot water melon is e mother of all sucrose....... but water melon has a higher fruits Glycemic Index, confusing man... Edited January 27, 2010 by Hamburger Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
BoneStock 5th Gear January 27, 2010 Share January 27, 2010 doing with out sugar is not easy try ur kopi o kosong try kopi c kosong with sugar, everything taste so bland... u get the real taste of coffee, bitter....... that also meant, no coke no milo no dessert no chocolate no ice cream how u feel? just eat , be fat and die!!! What you mentioned is true to a certain extent. eg. i have a relative who didnt care about his health at all...chain smoker, alcohol and eat lots of junk. After sometime, he gave in to his family's persistent advice to give up smoking finally.....he didnt live long after that. As for the no sugar thingy you shared, sometimes it is down to habits. I used to eat a LOT but still maintain my skinny frame. Until one day my metabolism started to decline and I gained > 10kg in less than a year. I started eating less, especially checking the carbo intake during the days that I wasnt exercising. Cut all suppers....eat till ~70% full instead of 110%...drink kopi and tea with less sugar. At first, the change in eating style was really hard but after some time it becomes a habit and it's natural doing it all the time. So the 1st step is important...once making it the next step is to maintain the momentum and after some time everything becomes natural. I managed to maintain my current weight for >10years.....and it makes a lot of economic sense as i spend less on food and on clothing as well as my waistline stays the same. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chickenbackside 1st Gear January 27, 2010 Share January 27, 2010 Excellent story Bones! Helps keep me motivated hearing real stories like yours... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Topgun Neutral Newbie January 27, 2010 Share January 27, 2010 I'm beginning to see the change in the mirror. It's interesting cos I feel my pants have gotten loose. In fact my last bought pair of jeans feels baggy even. Although the weight has come down, just a few days back I felt I didn't look different. Then it's when I really look critically at myself in the mirror, I seemed to have become a 'smaller' me. Does that make sense, CBS? That is I don't see a drastic reduction in any 1 spot, but I seemed to have 'shrunk' overall. My arms and thighs are slimmer just a tad, but I think I lost 'most' is my back kidney area where it use to be a fatt layer. My torso is naturally short, thick waist but I have long legs and arms (cos my body is short hence long arms!). Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
King 1st Gear January 27, 2010 Share January 27, 2010 All body fat is made from glucose so everyone start to give up on rice, bread, pasta and start eating pig leg beef mixed organ soup ....... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hamburger Hypersonic January 27, 2010 Share January 27, 2010 (edited) 2dy mi lunch damn powderful.......... beef tendon n stomach soup w/bean sprout+pork trotters cfm fat Edited January 27, 2010 by Hamburger Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Pigkachu Neutral Newbie January 27, 2010 Share January 27, 2010 the best way to look like u have work out in the gym for months is to lose bodyfat is by cardio = cycling running. abs exercises like situp will not give u 6 packs. u need to burn away the thick layers of fat before your abs are visable. everyone have abs just that there are usually covered by the fats at our belly. that explain why real thin people have visable abs. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chickenbackside 1st Gear January 27, 2010 Share January 27, 2010 I'm beginning to see the change in the mirror. It's interesting cos I feel my pants have gotten loose. In fact my last bought pair of jeans feels baggy even. Although the weight has come down, just a few days back I felt I didn't look different. Then it's when I really look critically at myself in the mirror, I seemed to have become a 'smaller' me. Does that make sense, CBS? That is I don't see a drastic reduction in any 1 spot, but I seemed to have 'shrunk' overall. My arms and thighs are slimmer just a tad, but I think I lost 'most' is my back kidney area where it use to be a fatt layer. My torso is naturally short, thick waist but I have long legs and arms (cos my body is short hence long arms!). Makes plenty of sense. Seen it not only on myself, but on all my friends who were inspired by me and followed the low carb/moderate protein/high fat way of life. The body just becomes smaller. One of the biggest impacts I have seen is with one of my friends who weighed 120kg at 179cm tall. After 5 months, he has lost 25kg eating the way I advised him to. Not only that, his health problems have been reversed. Every week, he is still losing weight despite eating until he's full. He has given up buying new pants. The pants seem to become too loose every 2 weeks. He's also ecstatic about being able to shop for clothes at regular clothing stores other than the plus size shops in Queensway Shopping Centre. He thought I was joking with him when I told him what I was eating and how I was exercising. When he found out I was serious, he said no harm experimenting for 2 weeks to see any effect since he was already so obese. In 2 weeks, he lost almost 10kg, by simply cutting out carbs and eating more fat. According to him, the best part was he never ever felt hungry, which is my experience too. When you up fat intake sufficiently, you should eat less overall cos satiety lasts for a long time. No need to snack in between meals. In fact, don't even need so many meals. Most of my friends and family who are eating this way only need to eat at most 2 meals a day. They physically can't eat more meals as it feels like forcing themselves to eat just for the sake of eating. I look forward to the day when you buy size 30 pants and look 15 years younger. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Topgun Neutral Newbie January 28, 2010 Share January 28, 2010 My wife last night said 'you lost some weight, but your face look gaunt, you look haggard, in fact good, look much older than me" Not boasting, but I'd always looked younger than my age Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Triproton Neutral Newbie January 29, 2010 Share January 29, 2010 My wife last night said 'you lost some weight, but your face look gaunt, you look haggard, in fact good, look much older than me" Not boasting, but I'd always looked younger than my age Same problem with me. Everytime I lose weight, it shows in the face first! I am trying to avoid the gaunt look, does make you look older. That's why I decided to put on some weight recently. How I wish there was such a thing as spot reduction of fat! Still trying to get rid of the fat around the tummy area...... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chickenbackside 1st Gear January 29, 2010 Share January 29, 2010 Same experience. The ones closest to you will take the longest to get used to the way your face looks. The ones you see once in a long time will say opposite things to the ones closest to you Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Triproton Neutral Newbie January 29, 2010 Share January 29, 2010 Same experience. The ones closest to you will take the longest to get used to the way your face looks. The ones you see once in a long time will say opposite things to the ones closest to you Especially my parents. They seem to think a chubby look is an indication of health! So, they get worried when they see me slimmer. They got a shock after I train and ran for my first marathon - they didn't see me for about 4 months. But after a while, I think they have gotten use to my new look! After much convincing them that it is healthier to be on the slimmer side than on the chubbier side. On the other hand, my wife doesn't notice it as she sees me everyday. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
XLR8 1st Gear January 29, 2010 Share January 29, 2010 Just tried the CBS no/low carb diet recently. Pork belly and pig trotters are mostly the main. Damn "gelak" and feel damn full, just like wacking a whole plate of char png..burp. Hope to shed some weight man. My friends all thought I Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Skunk Clutched January 29, 2010 Share January 29, 2010 Just tried the CBS no/low carb diet recently. Pork belly and pig trotters are mostly the main. Damn "gelak" and feel damn full, just like wacking a whole plate of char png..burp. Hope to shed some weight man. My friends all thought I if u eat ZERO carbo, as in totally no rice, noodles, bread, almost no fruits and only a little vege, it will work like a charm, u will definitely lose weight. Oh no beer too, that's the part i can't take LOL And be prepared for a big hole in the wallet....pig trotter $5 a small bowl, damm exp. Pork belly is slightly cheaper but still exp. Have fun ;) ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
DSG Reset Procedure without VAGCOM
DSG Reset Procedure without VAGCOM
Car travelling without headlight on
Car travelling without headlight on
Mandatory wearing of masks in public spaces even if you're exercising?
Mandatory wearing of masks in public spaces even if you're exercising?
Ok to leave transmission in P mode without using handbrake?
Ok to leave transmission in P mode without using handbrake?
Left Msia without chop
Left Msia without chop
Buying a car without COE
Buying a car without COE
Help - Driving without License
Help - Driving without License