Jump to content

Compassion or Fairness


Vextan
 Share

Recommended Posts

I dont want to rub salt to your wound.

 

If I were behind you, I would not mind you updating her passbook. And if you refused, I would do the same think the guy behind you did. Volunteer to help her.

 

With maid or without maid, just do a bit more to let a wheelchair lady get to her next chore a bit faster.

yeah, actually i really regretted i didnt help her, just spend one minute to help her. but i thikn it was my principle that i stood firm by, which now i am confused if i was right to. haiz.

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

==============

 

I guess what u did was fair cos otherwise some of the other pple behind might not b happy.

 

Ya she sud have asked the maid to Q for her of approach the bank staff for assistance.

 

I know it seems "bad" u did not help the disabled, but then she had other options than to ask u to help her to cut the Q.

actually, deep inside me, i do have a feeling that perhaps she had used her handicap to win my sympathy to help her jump the queue. why i think so is because she could have queued up even in the chair, or ask her maid to queue up for her. so there is no good reason for her not to queue up , unless she is like standing on one leg and on crutches or a pregnant lady with a big tummy.

 

actually, i recall ever got old lady ask me to buy 4d for her to jump queue also, which i flatly rejected. i noe its because i have a decent looking face thats why they always choose me. if i have scar on my face or wear a gold chain, i doubt this will happen to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi bro, picture this scenario and what the people behind you might be thinking

 

People behind queue thoughts

 

 

2nd in line: why you didnt help them?

3rd in line: lucky he never help them, ah bo i wait longer

4th in line: singaporeans not helpful to old and handicap folks.

5th in line: ai ya so hot should let them go first ma, help abit will die meh?

6h in line: hey dont cut queue leh wtf

7th in line: haiz poor ah ma need to queue because first guy selfish

8th in line: so many people queueing still dare cut queue ah, ask maid queue la.

9th in line: too far cant see

10th in line: too far cant see

 

remember the story regarding the father,son and donkey?

 

you cant please everyone:(

[laugh] thanks for it !

Link to post
Share on other sites

Moderator

actually, deep inside me, i do have a feeling that perhaps she had used her handicap to win my sympathy to help her jump the queue. why i think so is because she could have queued up even in the chair, or ask her maid to queue up for her. so there is no good reason for her not to queue up , unless she is like standing on one leg and on crutches or a pregnant lady with a big tummy.

 

actually, i recall ever got old lady ask me to buy 4d for her to jump queue also, which i flatly rejected. i noe its because i have a decent looking face thats why they always choose me. if i have scar on my face or wear a gold chain, i doubt this will happen to me.

 

 

lets put it this way bro...i was in a wc for a short while.....i din see need for popl to pity me and do things for me...those who take advantage, well, sorry, i dun sympathise w them....to each his own man

 

altho u may think i am selfish, i have seen enuf to realise yo only can depend of yourself, handicap or not

Link to post
Share on other sites

Moderator

[laugh] thanks for it !

 

 

it hink it sums it all...so i would say WTF...got maid let maid queue lah

Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks frens for your comments.

 

altho deep inside me i know it was right that i stood by my principle, but on hind sight, i could have just spend a minute only to help an old lady in wheelchair. thanks for those who voiced their support and agreement for me, but frankly, i still expect\hope someone can reprimend me, because i do feel bad about it. anyway, i learnt a small lesson here, if next time this exact same thing happens again, i WILL help because my conscience is haunting me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Moderator

thanks frens for your comments.

 

altho deep inside me i know it was right that i stood by my principle, but on hind sight, i could have just spend a minute only to help an old lady in wheelchair. thanks for those who voiced their support and agreement for me, but frankly, i still expect\hope someone can reprimend me, because i do feel bad about it. anyway, i learnt a small lesson here, if next time this exact same thing happens again, i WILL help because my conscience is haunting me.

 

 

ok when we see you at north canteen...kopi on you [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Link to post
Share on other sites

aiyha...dun let it get to you....really, dun fret the small stuff......not that you killed anyone....wake up lah...

 

huat ah next week...but heard delay nia...cos of big boss [laugh][laugh]

thanks mate, your kind words is what frens are for, it helps.

 

i dont harbour hope of big fat PB, just the norm will do. i already have plans for it though, like buying something and paying the dreaded income tax !! :mellow:

Link to post
Share on other sites

actually, deep inside me, i do have a feeling that perhaps she had used her handicap to win my sympathy to help her jump the queue. why i think so is because she could have queued up even in the chair, or ask her maid to queue up for her. so there is no good reason for her not to queue up , unless she is like standing on one leg and on crutches or a pregnant lady with a big tummy.

 

actually, i recall ever got old lady ask me to buy 4d for her to jump queue also, which i flatly rejected. i noe its because i have a decent looking face thats why they always choose me. if i have scar on my face or wear a gold chain, i doubt this will happen to me.

 

======================

 

Since u get so worked up over such a small thing, maybe u sud consider getting a "scar" done to your face & wear a thick gold chain too, just for the effect. [laugh]

 

Just kidding bro.

 

Cheers [wave]

Link to post
Share on other sites

This bank passbook is a grey area. I would probably have done it, but I see your point also.

 

4-D? I'll tell her to go fly a kite. [laugh]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Eyh, you this get the better of you. Don't bother what people saym what you feel is right, just do it.

I would never allow anyone to jump Q, even once one clonw when I was in Q to buy 4D, came up to me, 'Hey, I know your boss, XXXX!" I know already, going to ask me to buy for him, "Yeah, I also know my own boss, fark off and line up!" Dont care customer or not, so what? If I did people behind would start their nonsense about this clown jumping Q.

heck care, even old lady I also boh pan chan, wheelchair or not. Woman tummy big or not, my wife was expecting my kids, no one gave up their seats to her, she also never as to cut Q. Life's tough, so is the decisions we make.

Put it this way, old lady, small kids can carry bombs on their bodies and do a mass kill. Don't worry about it, we all will go to hell anyway. [laugh]

 

BTW, Radx tells me you owe me kopi.

 

actually, deep inside me, i do have a feeling that perhaps she had used her handicap to win my sympathy to help her jump the queue. why i think so is because she could have queued up even in the chair, or ask her maid to queue up for her. so there is no good reason for her not to queue up , unless she is like standing on one leg and on crutches or a pregnant lady with a big tummy.

 

actually, i recall ever got old lady ask me to buy 4d for her to jump queue also, which i flatly rejected. i noe its because i have a decent looking face thats why they always choose me. if i have scar on my face or wear a gold chain, i doubt this will happen to me.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ask the maid, if chio, to wear leather and lace, carry a whip and reprimand you, play S&M. [laugh] [laugh]

Guess you'll feel better after she blows you off. Happy now? [laugh] [laugh]

 

thanks frens for your comments.

 

altho deep inside /public/style_emoticons/...ult/laugh.gifme i know it was right that i stood by my principle, but on hind sight, i could have just spend a minute only to help an old lady in wheelchair. thanks for those who voiced their support and agreement for me, but frankly, i still expect\hope someone can reprimend me, because i do feel bad about it. anyway, i learnt a small lesson here, if next time this exact same thing happens again, i WILL help because my conscience is haunting me.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

Eyh, you this get the better of you. Don't bother what people saym what you feel is right, just do it.

I would never allow anyone to jump Q, even once one clonw when I was in Q to buy 4D, came up to me, 'Hey, I know your boss, XXXX!" I know already, going to ask me to buy for him, "Yeah, I also know my own boss, fark off and line up!" Dont care customer or not, so what? If I did people behind would start their nonsense about this clown jumping Q.

heck care, even old lady I also boh pan chan, wheelchair or not. Woman tummy big or not, my wife was expecting my kids, no one gave up their seats to her, she also never as to cut Q. Life's tough, so is the decisions we make.

Put it this way, old lady, small kids can carry bombs on their bodies and do a mass kill. Don't worry about it, we all will go to hell anyway. [laugh]

 

BTW, Radx tells me you owe me kopi.

ninabooh eh your reply dam farking funny makes me laugh. yes i gladly owe you and radx a kopi, but you buy the cookie.

 

and i havent say this yet today ... What the Fark is this ? is my new Alma Mater ! :)

Edited by Vextan
Link to post
Share on other sites

I typed that in haste, so all upside down, some more just came back from gym.

no lah, fingers tired is another gym. [laugh]

 

My alma mata is: FARK YOU, and have a nice day. :D

 

ninabooh eh your reply dam farking funny makes me laugh. yes i gladly owe you and radx a kopi, but you buy the cookie.

 

and i havent say this yet today ... What the Fark is this ? is my new Alma Mater ! :)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

I dont want to rub salt to your wound.

 

If I were behind you, I would not mind you updating her passbook. And if you refused, I would do the same think the guy behind you did. Volunteer to help her.

 

With maid or without maid, just do a bit more to let a wheelchair lady get to her next chore a bit faster.

Kudous! just help lah, why think so much. The fact you start thinking , means you are feeling guilty! Rather help than regret and think not helping. If you help you can never be wrong. [drivingcar]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Today I queued up for twenty minutes at the POSB cash deposit machine to deposit my kids' ang bao money into their account. Behind me in the queue were about ten over person, and when it was my turn, an old lady in a wheel chair with her maid approached me, and asked me to help her update her passbook. I looked at the long queue behind me and hesitated for a short while, then told her to join the queue instead as it would be unfair if i helped her to jump queue. She seemed surprised and stuttered at my refusal to help her.

 

Then as I proceeded with the depositing, i heard someone behind in the queue said that he will help her.

 

Was I wrong in not helping a person in wheel chair ? But I just wanted to be fair to everyone who is queueing, and I think being in a wheel chair with a maid also can queue right ? So if it's you would you have done the same or not ?

 

As I walked away I felt confused whether I was wrong or not. But it wasnt that I am not compassionate, but I just wanted to be fair to everyone. Still, I felt like being an unkind person. hmm .. :blink:[:(]

 

 

actually if you want to help, just ask the person behind you if he/she mind waiting for awhile lor.....

 

if person behind not happy, then too bad lor... those further down the queue normally dun kaopeh too much

Link to post
Share on other sites

Supercharged

hv seen cases where aged/handicapped/pregnant lady given preferential treatment by bank officer.

 

in this case, i would turn around & asked if those behind me will mind before i help. most of the times, general consensus is "Yes, they do not mind". this has been put to test many times by me.

 

 

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...