Jump to content

What would you do?


Dsmnd
 Share

Recommended Posts

Neutral Newbie

Had an unpleasant yet amusing experience last night with a suzuki swift..

 

Was on my way home with wifey each on our own bike, turn right towards IMM from jurong town hall rd. wfe was on the right lane, i'm on the left, wanted to switch lane to her side, but this suzuki swift was coming quite fast, so I stick to my lane. At the traffic junction, the yellow swift squeezed in between us even thou wife was already at the stop line. Was abit amused at the way he manouvered to stop beside my wife and myself.

 

Light turn green, we moved off the line quite ahead of him, so my wife checked her left blind spot in case the swift sped up. Was clear so she 'moved' into her lane. Here's the interesting part, the swift driver, switch lane to the right which was unobstructed, went beside my wife's bike and over took damn bloody close and fast too!! So, wife took evasive action, horned, swerve left to avoid being 'hit' by the swift.

 

If you were me witnessing all these happening to your wife, what would you have done?

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged

Had an unpleasant yet amusing experience last night with a suzuki swift..

 

Was on my way home with wifey each on our own bike, turn right towards IMM from jurong town hall rd. wfe was on the right lane, i'm on the left, wanted to switch lane to her side, but this suzuki swift was coming quite fast, so I stick to my lane. At the traffic junction, the yellow swift squeezed in between us even thou wife was already at the stop line. Was abit amused at the way he manouvered to stop beside my wife and myself.

 

Light turn green, we moved off the line quite ahead of him, so my wife checked her left blind spot in case the swift sped up. Was clear so she 'moved' into her lane. Here's the interesting part, the swift driver, switch lane to the right which was unobstructed, went beside my wife's bike and over took damn bloody close and fast too!! So, wife took evasive action, horned, swerve left to avoid being 'hit' by the swift.

 

If you were me witnessing all these happening to your wife, what would you have done?

Question is: What did you do?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing, go home and sleep it off.

 

I agree.

 

Biker and car, biker at a big disadvantage.....Never ever place our lives at a point of danger just because some idiots or crazy fellas try to irritate us or perform some stunts....

 

His or her car spoilt, can go repair or replace.

 

We have only 1 body and 1 life....Cannot replace....Life is precious...

Link to post
Share on other sites

so what did you do? the most ill do is only ride infront and point middle fingers at his face then zoom off, but of course i must be riding a fast enough bike else ill be mowed down and dead. no point playing with drivers, flesh vs metal is already a battle lost.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I dunno how to ride a bike or bicycle.

However, I would prefer "couple/buddy bikes" to move in a single line, safer for them and other road users. More space for other road-users to manouver.

I encountered "couple/buddy bikes/bicycles" who move side/side and chit-chat leisurely, in a world of their own.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

what i did was quite idiotic too...sped up and cut right in front of him and jam brake =P.. then proceed to ride at constant speed...the swift driver tried to overtake( damn dangerously, causing other vehicles to execute ebrake to avoid him just so he could catch up...), traffic starts to get heavy on that stretch. Then we turn into toh guan rd, that's when i slowed down to 'wait' for him also to let him pass. Funny thing is he did not try to overtake even on a clear stretch?? Realised, after the turn into bt batok, he was filming me with a camera, 1 hand on steering wheel and the other holding camera out of car???

Next traffic light stop, purposely stop in a way, he'll be beside me. he start ranting about how dangerous i rode, he'll report to tp.. I reminded him the way he overtook my wife was very dangerous too and guess what he said? ' She cut me first' I was like WTF???then he start ranting again,'YOU'RE A HOOLIGAN...YOU'RE A HOOLIGAN..A MURDERER...I'LL REPORT YOU TO TRAFFIC POLICE...I GOT VIDEO EVIDENCE..' it was quite amusing actually..

I asked him 'politely' if he wants to stop by the road side and 'talk'? all he said was,' WHAT..WHAT..WHAT..NOTHING TO TALK..YOU'RE A HOOLIGAN!!'

All i can say is, want to pick a fight, pick on a lady riding a scooter?? When i ask him to come down and talk, don't dare to??

Link to post
Share on other sites

what i did was quite idiotic too...sped up and cut right in front of him and jam brake =P.. then proceed to ride at constant speed...the swift driver tried to overtake( damn dangerously, causing other vehicles to execute ebrake to avoid him just so he could catch up...), traffic starts to get heavy on that stretch. Then we turn into toh guan rd, that's when i slowed down to 'wait' for him also to let him pass. Funny thing is he did not try to overtake even on a clear stretch?? Realised, after the turn into bt batok, he was filming me with a camera, 1 hand on steering wheel and the other holding camera out of car???

Next traffic light stop, purposely stop in a way, he'll be beside me. he start ranting about how dangerous i rode, he'll report to tp.. I reminded him the way he overtook my wife was very dangerous too and guess what he said? ' She cut me first' I was like WTF???then he start ranting again,'YOU'RE A HOOLIGAN...YOU'RE A HOOLIGAN..A MURDERER...I'LL REPORT YOU TO TRAFFIC POLICE...I GOT VIDEO EVIDENCE..' it was quite amusing actually..

I asked him 'politely' if he wants to stop by the road side and 'talk'? all he said was,' WHAT..WHAT..WHAT..NOTHING TO TALK..YOU'RE A HOOLIGAN!!'

All i can say is, want to pick a fight, pick on a lady riding a scooter?? When i ask him to come down and talk, don't dare to??

 

wtf the drivers a dickhead.... if your story is true lah... but dare not stop and keep calling you hooligan... he retarded...

 

did you take a pic of him/his car? pls post... or his car plate?

 

[laugh]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

waffenes: I also agree, each have their own opinion, wife and myself had a good laugh later just thinking about the driver's reaction =)

 

ken4555: I was actually hoping the driver is one of the forumers...then can verify his side of story? post car plate...cannot lah..forum rule..will wait for his tp report(if he dares to report), then gonna ask the IO, we're not allowed to even hold handphone while driving, what about a camera? Self pwned? and no, not interested in taking his pictures too, no point.

Edited by Dsmnd
Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

Yuan: I fully agree with what you says, at that point when i saw what the swift did to my wife, lost my cool..i don't mind if it happens to me, I also don't like to look for trouble, my wife is married to me, if I don't even stand up for her, what kind of a husband will I be then?

 

zyrofillica: I'm certain his car will not be able to keep up if I throttle up, and i made sure he'll not touch me too..hehe..enough torque on bike =P

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you were me witnessing all these happening to your wife, what would you have done?

 

Curse, swear, shout... then carry on as per normal.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This swift driver reminds me of a "Mad" silver cab toyota crown driver. provoke other first than take out handphone take picture and later rant loudly and KPKB.

 

This type of people insecure one, best to leave them alone, don't bring yourself down to his level.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

i will give him a kick on the door!!! then left.. if he follow just let it be... nothing he can do, even police will not help for this case... kick and go!

 

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...