Jump to content

Recommendation for Badminton Racket


Kelpie
 Share

Recommended Posts

Yeah, go Hong Li and buy. Can bargain some more. [laugh]

 

Btw, you have to know these things:

 

1) traditional oval shape or isometric shape (flat on the top), which do you prefer?

 

2) String tension. Restring with yonex bg66, tension not too high. Between 20 - 24 would be fine for someone who just started after staying on the sidelines for some time.

 

3) Grip size. Experiment till you like the feel. Some like it thick. Some like it thin.

 

The rest like stiffness and balance, you won't know till you start using the rackets. Some rackets may be head heavy when you buy it but after you add the grip, the balance may change etc.

 

Thus i strongly encourage you to try out rackets before committing.

Edited by Sg2303
↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

ok lah, not like golf clubs that need to spend thousand. if wrong, use it as spare lor :D :D

 

Gave up golf game after my back surgery [:(] . Now Golf clubs all sleeping in the storeroom.

 

Btw, can't compare that way lah. If the market price is S$80, why should one spend double to get one?

Just like to buy a Ski Jet for water sports will surely cost more than buying a Tennis racket. Different sports, different spendings.

 

Regards,

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gave up golf game after my back surgery [:(] . Now Golf clubs all sleeping in the storeroom.

 

Btw, can't compare that way lah. If the market price is S$80, why should one spend double to get one?

Just like to buy a Ski Jet for water sports will surely cost more than buying a Tennis racket. Different sports, different spendings.

 

Regards,

 

Just remember that you get what you pay for.

 

APACS stuff is pretty ok but if your budget is S$80, you will be getting their budget range which to me are generic models. They are ok and I would prefer them to Yonex low end racquet of the same price range.

 

See if you can get the lower range Li Nings from JB that fits your budget, those are pretty good.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just remember that you get what you pay for.

 

APACS stuff is pretty ok but if your budget is S$80, you will be getting their budget range which to me are generic models. They are ok and I would prefer them to Yonex low end racquet of the same price range.

 

See if you can get the lower range Li Nings from JB that fits your budget, those are pretty good.

 

Of course, you pay peanut and you get monkey [laugh] . What I was trying to say is different class of sports, you invest differently in gears. For example,

 

I doubt I will buy the China brand racket since they don't know them or they don't know me [cool] . I feel more comfortable sticking to brands that I've already known and played with many years ago. Not sure whether it is just me, I don't find China brands appealing in design. For some, if you look carefully, the paint finishing/work is also quite uneven.

 

Regards,

Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course, you pay peanut and you get monkey [laugh] . What I was trying to say is different class of sports, you invest differently in gears. For example,

 

I doubt I will buy the China brand racket since they don't know them or they don't know me [cool] . I feel more comfortable sticking to brands that I've already known and played with many years ago. Not sure whether it is just me, I don't find China brands appealing in design. For some, if you look carefully, the paint finishing/work is also quite uneven.

 

Regards,

I have played with some Li Nings before. They made pretty good racket. But its not really suitable for me as its just too stiff and clumsy.

 

Li Ning is considered branded. I got a few Li Nings Polo Ts too. Pretty good stuff.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have played with some Li Nings before. They made pretty good racket. But its not really suitable for me as its just too stiff and clumsy.

 

Li Ning is considered branded. I got a few Li Nings Polo Ts too. Pretty good stuff.

 

I prefer something more flexible than stiff as I'm not a power player. I gathered that if one doesn't have the power, stiff racket is not so suitable.

 

I intend to go for semi-flex, 24lbs tension to start with. Would also prefer, more isometric design too. Round is out but may consider oval shape.

 

What do you do think? Thanks.

 

Regards,

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why dont u get the apacs edgesaber 10, clone of yonex arcaber10. A lot of players using this clone in singapore.

 

RM139 (abt SGD30) for 2 pcs @ Permai sports @kotaraya Plaza, JB. If u get 1 means only half the price. No string or grip. I think Hongly is more expensive.

 

Start off with a cheaper racket first, when u get more serious with the sports u can always buy a better racket.

Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

Why dont u get the apacs edgesaber 10, clone of yonex arcaber10. A lot of players using this clone in singapore.

 

RM139 (abt SGD30) for 2 pcs @ Permai sports @kotaraya Plaza, JB. If u get 1 means only half the price. No string or grip. I think Hongly is more expensive.

 

Start off with a cheaper racket first, when u get more serious with the sports u can always buy a better racket.

 

I don't like to use Cloned one and be branded as some sort of wannabe :mellow: . I have narrowed down to 3 brands, Carlton, Wilson or Gosen. Hopefully the price is within my budget ^_^ . Looking out for Jusco membership day tomorrow and hopefully got good discount for sports items.

 

By the way, if due to some reasons that I can't get an ideal one from the 3 mentioned brands and have to get a Yonex, which range and model is appropriate for me?

 

Thank you very much.

 

Regards,

Edited by Kelpie
Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

Hello, y spend time on racket. To what I know, u don't play b'mton wif yr hand. u play b'mton wif yr pair of legs. What is more important is your foot-work, reading the game and anticipating yr opponent move. In other words, b'mton is a game of speed, accuracy and stamina which is the fundamental. To achieve this, u need a pair of strong leg, good foot-work and anticipation. Invest in a pair of good shoe is more important than talking about which racket. Not that racket is not important, but rather the least consideration after u have achieve the above mentioned. Are we doing things the other way round? hehehe..... anyway just my opinion.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, y spend time on racket. To what I know, u don't play b'mton wif yr hand. u play b'mton wif yr pair of legs. What is more important is your foot-work, reading the game and anticipating yr opponent move. In other words, b'mton is a game of speed, accuracy and stamina which is the fundamental. To achieve this, u need a pair of strong leg, good foot-work and anticipation. Invest in a pair of good shoe is more important than talking about which racket. Not that racket is not important, but rather the least consideration after u have achieve the above mentioned. Are we doing things the other way round? hehehe..... anyway just my opinion.

 

[laugh] I can't be playing badminton game without a racket by relying on footwork alone right?

 

I don't even have a racket at the moment, so should I be renting one :D?

 

Regards,

Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

yonex amortec 700 else nanospeed 9000

 

Ok, for Yonex, I was aiming for entry level Nanospeed 4500, 500 or 300. Alternatively, Aromtec 70 Mega G2.

 

Too bad, many brands displayed in Jusco but only found Carbonex 7000DF, which is one of my choices. In the end after comparing 7000DF and Star 1, I ended up with the entry level Carbonex Star 1 at about S$33. This is far from my original budget of S$80 [laugh] .

 

Should be good enough for a casual player like me.

 

Thank you all.

 

Regards,

Edited by Kelpie
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, y spend time on racket. To what I know, u don't play b'mton wif yr hand. u play b'mton wif yr pair of legs. What is more important is your foot-work, reading the game and anticipating yr opponent move. In other words, b'mton is a game of speed, accuracy and stamina which is the fundamental. To achieve this, u need a pair of strong leg, good foot-work and anticipation. Invest in a pair of good shoe is more important than talking about which racket. Not that racket is not important, but rather the least consideration after u have achieve the above mentioned. Are we doing things the other way round? hehehe..... anyway just my opinion.

 

U are right, players should always work on their footwork 1st.

Link to post
Share on other sites

i used to play quite alot... hahah i used to have an AT700 but i sold it off. head too heavy. now i still have my NS9k X

Link to post
Share on other sites

From what i understand most yonex rkts are made in china. they then send back to japan for tagging. In the market some people are selling the untagged version for much less than the original price.

Link to post
Share on other sites

From what i understand most yonex rkts are made in china. they then send back to japan for tagging. In the market some people are selling the untagged version for much less than the original price.

 

If you go to the Yonex Official website, they will tell you which are the model that are made in China and Japan. Like the cheap one I bought, Carbonex Star 1 seems to be made in Taiwan and can't be found in their offical website.

 

Regards,

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...