Jump to content

ABS Spoilt liao....


Mini-itx
 Share

Recommended Posts

Should I get it repaired or just ignore ot ditch the whole ABS thing. Cause mine is such an old car. Don't know how much it will cost to get the ABS up and running again. I am leaning toward ditching it cause I don't really need ABS and its just adding weight.

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you check fuse and relays?

 

No ABS so revert to normal brake. Take extra care.

 

Life saving equipment. Better repair as soon as you can.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Should I get it repaired or just ignore ot ditch the whole ABS thing. Cause mine is such an old car. Don't know how much it will cost to get the ABS up and running again. I am leaning toward ditching it cause I don't really need ABS and its just adding weight.

 

how to check ABS is spoiled?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Should I get it repaired or just ignore ot ditch the whole ABS thing. Cause mine is such an old car. Don't know how much it will cost to get the ABS up and running again. I am leaning toward ditching it cause I don't really need ABS and its just adding weight.

'

 

that time my picnic also spoilt.

 

will cost 1.2k to change.... according to borneo

 

tmd i change car

Link to post
Share on other sites

My GTR ABS pump motor is also spoilt, it has been out of action for 2 weeks.

 

Consult III is a program which is proprietary to GTR, when you plug in to the ECU you can troubleshoot the specific faulty component. In any case the ABS pump failure with VDC failure indicators lit up on my car. Currently getting a new ABS pump air-freighted in from Japan, S$4+K plus labour.

 

In most cars, i believe the ABS failure indicator will light up.

 

ABS is a life-saving function, should get it fixed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

to check abs.

 

pour water on the surface of a metal drain cover. drive about 30km/h and brake hard when going over the wet drain cover.

 

U will know if your abs is working.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...