Jump to content

Respray @$400


Unclebond
 Share

Recommended Posts

in 2003 my dad sent his 1992 sunny to JB for full respray, rm900, was quite good. even blacken the skirting on their own.

 

dunno whether still got such hang cheng now.

 

I guess even if the price rises, it would still be much cheaper there than in Sg. How was the paint quality after ~2years?

 

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

can be done but not at sillypore,muz go J.B. ,last time I had my old lancer spary for RM 900,same colour,but must go in early till late nite,location quite kampong

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess even if the price rises, it would still be much cheaper there than in Sg. How was the paint quality after ~2years?

 

sold the car soon after so not sure, but 2 years later saw the car on the road, it looked to be in good condition.

Link to post
Share on other sites

can be done but not at sillypore,muz go J.B. ,last time I had my old lancer spary for RM 900,same colour,but must go in early till late nite,location quite kampong

 

How is the paint-spray facility in the "kampong", are you happy with the results?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

I think the cheapest for same color respray in Singapore is ard $650. Over the weekend, I am going to scout in JB and see if got lobang there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ur can will become a Lemon with a 400 bucks spray job. That will mean, the lacquer they use will be the worse quality. After a few months, ur paintwork becomes cloudy. Seen my neighbour's bumper became this state...... hao lian cheap job :) Penny wise pound foolish. In the end gotta respray.

 

Any lobang to do respray for small cat car budget ard $400?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The quality and grade of thinner also play a part.

 

Spraypaint guns range from $30 to $1000. Uneven droplet size. performance gun gives you even & fine droplet size

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Somehow, I tend to link the expensive paint job here with the higher overheads (rentals, labour costs etc)

in Singapore.

 

In JB, they may be using the same set of equipment, but they charge cheaper due to lesser overhead costs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Somehow, I tend to link the expensive paint job here with the higher overheads (rentals, labour costs etc)

in Singapore.

 

In JB, they may be using the same set of equipment, but they charge cheaper due to lesser overhead costs.

 

We might be so used to over-paying simple jobs in Singapore that when we are presented with a cheaper quote, the cheaper offer "must be a bad one". [laugh]

 

The workshop owner must be laughing all his way to the bank. [laugh][laugh]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

So far the discussion is very informative. I went to scout for half leather seat wrap in JB but was told by the boss that it is cheaper to do good leather car wrap in Singapore since leather is non taxable in Singapore. So the bottom line is so long as the item is locally produce such as the paint or tyre etc, it is cheaper there. Once it is imported such as tyres, ICE it is better to install in Singapore. Hope I am right? [laugh]

Link to post
Share on other sites

haha, $400 i not very sure but i think dealer may get such price, but quality may or may not be very good.

 

However i did my previous tucson before i sold it at $750.

 

Price includes 2 times polishing after the re-spray, removing of small dents and changing of worn out rubber tubings alongside the doors.

 

Recommended by a friend's neightbour who has been the workshop's client for over 15yrs

 

Cheers!

 

Hi Bro,

PMed you. Hope you can share the contact.

 

I'm planning to sell my car. It has a few door dents and some scratches here and there. Thinking of doing a respray (same colour) to make it look nice and new for the next owner and hopefully fetch a better price as I'm selling it myself. Any Bros have any good recommendation. I just need a simple job that is the cheapest.

Thanks

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say to respray at $400 for the whole car exterior is almost impossible. But you can still try for around 600-800 along old eunos area where last time the spray shops are. You must also standby to have a poor quality paint if you go for paintshops that charge you below 1k.

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...