Citroen C4 Picasso

Obscurest

Folks would like to know more info about this car. Those who own it or test driv before, care to share?

1) reliability. As tis is a Citroën which I ve heard a lot of negative news about it before (NOTE: in the past) thus would like to know is this a problematic car? Issues like gear issue, engine etc.

2) if I dun go back to agt for servicing, are there a lot of werkshop outside who can service tis car?

3) generally is this a good car to drive? I'm currently driving a forestor. I'm impressed by the interior but have yet to test drive as would like to gather more info first.

4) not sure if this is a good Q to ask... Pardon me if not. I ve a chance as this owner is selling but is a CNG. Let's not look at other issues but will u consider a CNG as a good option or will not?
Thks.

Edited by Deeq
↡ Advertisement

Folks would like to know more info about this car. Those who own it or test driv before, care to share?

1) reliability. As tis is a Citro

Sorry about not searching. Cos is too urgent as the chance is here so wana know fast.

Btw I forgot to add one more Q. If is a CNG car. Worth to buy?

no

cng cars are never worth to buy

u lose too much performance and parf

Wow. That's a fast response. Thks bro.

I ve heard tat CNG cars generally will not be tat responsive as compare to non CNG car. Just tat not sure how bad or big diff are they.

Sorry about not searching. Cos is too urgent as the chance is here so wana know fast.

Btw I forgot to add one more Q. If is a CNG car. Worth to buy?

If it's dirt cheap, yes.

Otherwise no. Don't forget there way some upfront rebate the 1st owner got, which reduces the value of the car.

You also get to lug around an extra person all the time. The cng tank weights easily 50 kg.

Thks folks.

Think will give tis car a miss as seems like this car is selling at 3k cheaper than the mkt rate.

Thks.

Don't you even want to go down for a test drive? It's free and nothing beats testing the car yourself... I did test drive the car and it's a great ride... I wanted to get a 2nd hand one (2.0L) but no fate as it was sold even before I can bring the Mrs down to see... Like what Furry said, most of the problems are rectified and it's a great car with good safety features...

Even if you have your eyes on others makes, do go down and experiencel the car... I would get one if I have the money...

Thks folks.

Think will give tis car a miss as seems like this car is selling at 3k cheaper than the mkt rate.

Thks.

cheap scare, expensive complain..... [laugh]

Edited by Tom_kkh

cheap scare, expensive complain..... [laugh]

Most will always go for the safer bet... TS should really go for a test drive before writting the car off... I was very impressed with it... :D

Most will always go for the safer bet... TS should really go for a test drive before writting the car off... I was very impressed with it... :D

no wonder some car dealers sell their car much higher compare to their competitiors.. They try to make us feel at "ease" [:p]

no wonder some car dealers sell their car much higher compare to their competitiors.. They try to make us feel at "ease" [:p]

The price of the GP is now below that of a Stream from Kah Motors... 117k vs 120k... COE just went up so probably it's +2 - 3k more?

Neutral Newbie

Pros

1. Panoramic windscreen gives a 'Cockpit' feeling, very fantastic driving & front passenger experience.

2. Spacious and not difficult to configure seats to needs.

3. Many compartments, including a cooled compartment that maintain items in low temperature.

4. Europe driving style, left-side headlight+directional arrow control, right-side windscreen wipers.

5. Electronic information display panel.

6. Steering wheel wtih majority controls on it.

- Cruise control

- Speed limiter

- Display panel options

- Audio player

etc

7. Shift paddle allow you to over-ride gear increase/decrease without moving hands. (Behind steering wheel)

8. Persistent unbuckled belt warning during drive. (its actually a safety feature) *Pro & Con*

9. 3-points seat belt for all 2nd row seats.

10. Clear view from huge side-mirrors

11. Convenient access to child-lock control localted at driver's side door panel.

Cons

1. My daily city driving route does not allow good FC.

2. I dislike the 'peeling off' of interior 'rubberish-painted' buttons, handle, buttons etc over time.

3. Persistent unbuckled belt warning during drive. (its actually a safety feature) *Pro & Con*

4. Tiring car wash...

5. Rear row safety (typical MPV concern)

6. 4 speed

So far, these are the experience I encountered from driving a 3 years old C4GP (2.0L). All the driving pleasure surpassed the above-mentioned cons. Cannot comment on maintenance yet.

Hope it helps.

Edited by EllaEmma

This is the review I contributed on sgcarmart. Awaiting delivery of the car.

Serendipity

Comfort : 5 / 5 Reliability : 3 / 5

Handling : 3 / 5 Features : 5 / 5

Exterior styling : 4 / 5 Interior design : 5 / 5

Value for the money : 4 / 5 Engine performance : 5 / 5

Would you recommend this vehicle to a friend? : Yes

Review

I've never taken a fancy to MPV's; previous 3 of my 5 cars were sports cars. Due to an expanding family, space is the number one priority.

One morning when my family was having breakfast at IKEA, we wanted to go have a look at some other car brands but somehow ended up in Citroen as we have never seen the new showroom. I wasn't very keen as sgcarmart labels it as a 4 speed auto; turns out to be a 6 speed EGS (semi-auto). Coupled with a 1.6 turbo engine, it is a deadly efficient urban people mover.

Very very pleasantly surprised by what the C4 Grand Picasso offers; ended up buying two (with my in-laws).

Other perks for ownership: free servicing and the buy-back scheme. Definitely a huge attraction for brand loyalty.

Lets in a lot of light through a lot of glass. Panoramic roof and the windscreen. Almost feels like driving a convertible but without the noise and smell. Also sun visors for the 2nd row, and glass for A-pillars. No worries for frontal blind spots.

Temp- adjustable air-con in 2nd row and air con vents in 3rd row. Air con can also be switched on even with the engine off. Very good for passengers in the car while topping up petrol.

2nd row seats are individually adjustable, and ingress to 3rd row is easy: the 2nd row seats just fold up entirely.

Went for a very long test drives on all types of roads. Definitely a cruiser on highways, and a tad bumpy on lesser roads. Maybe taller tyres will help?

Reset the on board computer and found the avg FC for my one hour drive is about 12km/L with a full load; didn't check for the subsequent test drives.

Engine was very useful in pulling its hefty 1.6tonne body with 7 passengers at the low range; anyway that is all about city driving; max torque at low rpm.

Plenty of cubby holes and storage spaces, as well as a separate mirror for looking at your passengers / kids.

At the end of the day, everyone gave a nod of approval. Maybe it's because they can enjoy the car without having to pay for it. Doesn't matter; for I know my family will be happy. And that matters most.

I was looking for a boring MPV but I found joy.

Serendipity is priceless.

What I like

The small but punchy engine

Low road tax and FC

EGS -- used to drive a 156 selespeed; love it.

Smart parking brake

Plenty of cubby holes

Lets in plenty of light

Versatility of seats

Adjustable air con on 2nd row

Air con for 3rd row

What I do not like

Bumpy over lesser roads

EGS could be a bane for some buyers; but they have to realize they will grow to like it

Folks

thks for all the info.

The reason why I dun wana go for test drive becos is a cng. Heard tat power will b compromise n worst of all, I'm not a sensitive driver.

Anyway just came back frm test drive n true enough I really dun know if the power is compromised.

Now I ve a few Q about the CNG

1) Are there a lot of difference in power between a CNG n a non CNG car?

2) How many Km a full tank CNG can travelled?

3) anybody owned a CNG car n regret it n why?

Sorry though I may ve driven a few cars but I really only know how to drive but very poor in feeling the car.

A lot of times I ve to rely on friends to test drive for me.

Thks for all the help and at the same time sorry for my stupid Qs.

Thks

↡ Advertisement