Carbon82

citroen_c4_70.jpg

citroen_c4_695_00aa000010fb0af0.jpg

citroen_c4_379.jpg

citroen_e-c4_9_02250144059a03cc.jpg

citroen_e-c4_036a0012080105fa.jpg

citroen_e-c4_8.jpg

citroen_e-c4_3.jpg

Following on from its successful SUV offensive with the launch of C3 Aircross SUV and C5 Aircross SUV - 300,000 and 200,000 sales respectively - Citroën is ready for the next stage in the rollout of its product strategy, focusing firmly on the hatchback market.

Compact hatchbacks remain an important part of the European car market, accounting for nearly 28% of C-segment sales in 2019. New ë-C4 and New C4 tick all the boxes in this competitive segment, while offering a modern and characterful new design concept as an integral part of the product offering.

Citroën's new-generation compact hatchback is inspired by its customers and the way they experience their cars. The 100% electric New ë-C4 and New C4 have all the qualities needed to shake up a segment that is having to reinvent itself. For Citroën, that means offering an all-new silhouette with a choice of 100% electric, petrol or Diesel power.

THREE DIFFERENT POWERTRAINS TO CHOOSE FROM: 100% ELECTRIC, PETROL OR DIESEL

New ë-C4 - 100% ëlectric and New C4 are the same modern and technologically advanced car, but with an enhanced choice of powertrains: 100% electric, petrol or Diesel. Customers simply choose the high-performance and efficient option that best meets their needs.

New ë-C4 is the fifth electrified model to be announced in 2020 as part of Citroën's electrification strategy - after C5 Aircross SUV Hybrid, Ami, ë-Dispatch and ë-SpaceTourer.

INNOVATIVE POSTURE AND ASSERTIVE STYLE

New Citroën ë-C4 and New Citroën C4 also represent a new design concept at the heart of the C-Hatch segment, with a unique and bold identity. The elevated and assertive stance means the body shape has all the elegance and dynamism of a hatchback, while subtly adopting certain SUV traits for added strength and character.

Aerodynamic and flowing, the exterior design echoes Citroën's well-known aesthetics, while bringing a new expression of style to the range. Its warm and high-tech interior instantly expresses well-being, comfort and modernity.

A NEW EXPRESSION OF THE CITROËN ADVANCED COMFORT® PROGRAMME

The complete embodiment of the Citroën Advanced Comfort® programme, New ë-C4 and New C4 offer a new sense of modern, all-round comfort:

• Driving comfort is assured with Advanced Comfort seats and suspension featuring Progressive Hydraulic Cushions®. Comfort is amplified still further in New ë-C4 with the benefits of ë-Comfort: quiet operation, smoothness and fluid driving sensations.
  • Travelling comfort is underpinned by the amount of interior space and the practical on-board features - including an innovation for the front passenger (to be disclosed on 30 June).
  • Comfort in use is derived from the numerous on-board technologies and driver assistance systems.
  • Comfort of the mind comes from the soothing and sophisticated interior designs.

A LEGACY OF COMPACT CARS

Citroën's compact cars have been a success story since the first C4 in 1928. A history that includes the GS - voted European Car of the Year in 1971 - which is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year. A series of cars acknowledged for their character, comfort and exemplary road manners over many decades: C4-1928, Ami 6/Ami 8, GS/GSA, BX, ZX, Xsara, C4-2004, C4-2010 and C4 Cactus.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9

As always French cars design very beautiful esp Citroen[thumbsup]

I'm abit skeptical of the reliability of French cars as historically they were not very reliable but I'm hearing modern Citroens have improved?

• Praise 6

Turbocharged

The day that sales of Citroen, Peugeot and Renault will improve is when they match the reliability of Korean cars today.

Remember the days of the Hyundai Pony, Stella & Prima?

NO!

LoL....😂

Their design is very quirky like ppl mention. They somehow dont want to increase the length of the wheelbase. Then they dont have enough length in the rear passenger door to allow the window to wind down fully. DS4 lagi best, they made the rear window fixed. LoL... They have got a good sense of humour.😂

Their aircon compressor is prone to failure. Airon blower also prone to failure. The module that controls the signal, headlights and wipers...prone to give you many many issues. These are the many issues that persisted over donkey years over many models...dunno what to say.

Engine and gb not that many issues but will disturb you and make you go workshop. I wonder why they still even bother to make cars.

• Haha! 1

23 minutes ago, Spring said:

I'm abit skeptical of the reliability of French cars as historically they were not very reliable but I'm hearing modern Citroens have improved?

French cars places great importance on the look and feel of the car. Always very futuristic in it's generation. They also load it up fully with tech. I used to have a 2011 Citoren DS4 already comes fully equipped with tech of today's car such as:

Blind spot monitoring mirrors, massage seat functions, digital cluster that can change colour, paddle shifters, all round proximity sensors, steering controlled headlights, LED lights, dual zone climate control etc. 

Handles great and has a really quiet cabin. If not because of the appalling reliability, I'd still be very happy driving that car.

• Praise 2

13 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

The day that sales of Citroen, Peugeot and Renault will improve is when they match the reliability of Korean cars today.

Remember the days of the Hyundai Pony, Stella & Prima?

I also wish for that day because I simply love French cars.

When an established company that has been around for 100 years and still is churning out unreliable products.... it's the company culture (something like attitude I feel). 

The Koreans on the other hand, has set out to be among the best and set their sights on the Japanese brands and in order to do that, they will need to be at least just as reliable. That's why we can see such huge improvements in terms of reliability and design from the Koreans over just a short span of 2-3 decades.

(edited)
18 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

NO!

LoL....😂

Their design is very quirky like ppl mention. They somehow dont want to increase the length of the wheelbase. Then they dont have enough length in the rear passenger door to allow the window to wind down fully. DS4 lagi best, they made the rear window fixed. LoL... They have got a good sense of humour.😂

Their aircon compressor is prone to failure. Airon blower also prone to failure. The module that controls the signal, headlights and wipers...prone to give you many many issues. These are the many issues that persisted over donkey years over many models...dunno what to say.

Engine and gb not that many issues but will disturb you and make you go workshop. I wonder why they still even bother to make cars.

U mean the C4 cactus? I used to own the DS4, can't remember if the rear window is fixed as I'm always the driver, lol... It's a superb car in all aspects except reliability.

I always joke about letting go of my DS4 because I can't afford to upkeep it. If I include all the price of the fixes over the years, I might as well just get a C class 😁

Edited by Rickster
  • Praise 1

(edited)
24 minutes ago, Rickster said:

U mean the C4 cactus? I used to own the DS4, can't remember if the rear window is fixed as I'm always the driver, lol... It's a superb car in all aspects except reliability.

I always joke about letting go of my DS4 because I can't afford to upkeep it. If I include all the price of the fixes over the years, I might as well just get a C class 😁

You win liao lo. You owner before you also dunno. LoL...This car is most suited for you I guess.😂

http://www.torquingpoint.com/news/7888/form-over-function-the-citroen-ds4

1626212940_FoFDS43.jpg.971e442662e0815fab70c7097a94a50e.jpg

This 5dr hatchback has rear windows that DON’T OPEN. Worry not, your eyesight isn’t playing tricks on you, you did read that correctly. Citroen thought it would be absolutely fine to offer a 5dr, 5 seat family car that has fixed rear windows. Utterly baffling...

Not hard to see. The shape of the window (highlighted in green) will not fit inside the door (highlighted in red). Problem has always been the short wheelbase for this C4. Look at how tiny is the rear door.

Edited by Watwheels

Owned a C4 hatchback before. Short wheelbase and not that comfortable on road. just do not feel sporty either. so it's like awkward kind of proposition. not sure if it attempted to be sporty or comfortable.

as it approached towards 10th year, things simply just fall apart.

Hopefully the new C4 is engineered to be better.

Internal Moderator
2 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

voted European Car of the Year in 1971

I wonder why they bring this up. hahahhahaha. 😂

• Haha! 3

5 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

You win liao lo. You owner before you also dunno. LoL...This car is most suited for you I guess.😂

http://www.torquingpoint.com/news/7888/form-over-function-the-citroen-ds4

1626212940_FoFDS43.jpg.971e442662e0815fab70c7097a94a50e.jpg

Not hard to see. The shape of the window (highlighted in green) will not fit inside the door (highlighted in red). Problem has always been the short wheelbase for this C4.

Honestly, I didn't even know that my rear window cannot wind down when i bought this car, because when i buy a car, i don't check if all the windows can wind down or not 🤣. Can't be bothered about the back seats also as during that time I was single and not planning to settle down anytime soon. 

Even if i knew it during then, it will not stop me from buying it. What will stop me when i get to know the horrible reliability of the car. One of my family cars when i was younger was a Renault megane, i remembered the car as pretty reliable and has no major issues till the day it was scrapped, so i decided to give Citroen a chance....and the rest is history, no more frenchies for me.

• Haha! 1

(edited)
11 minutes ago, Ldawn88 said:

Owned a C4 hatchback before. Short wheelbase and not that comfortable on road. just do not feel sporty either. so it's like awkward kind of proposition. not sure if it attempted to be sporty or comfortable.

as it approached towards 10th year, things simply just fall apart.

Hopefully the new C4 is engineered to be better.

U r lucky, my DS 4 started to fall apart after the warranty ended on the 3rd year. It keeps falling apart till the 5+ year. So i decided to cut loss to prevent my wallet from falling apart as well.

Edited by Rickster
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
9 minutes ago, Rickster said:

U r lucky, my DS 4 started to fall apart after the warranty ended on the 3rd year. It keeps falling apart till the 5+ year. So i decided to cut loss to prevent my wallet from falling apart as well.

car can spoilt. wallet cannot spoilt! hahaha.

Wow this is actually quite nice

1 hour ago, Spring said:

Idk I rented a Grand C4 spacetourer on holiday last year and its the most boring car Ive ever driven... boring on outside, boring on inside, boring driving feel lol

3 hours ago, Spring said:

I am waiting for @Jamesc to come in and post these. :D 

toyota_c-hr_hybrid_12.jpg

toyota_c-hr_121.jpg

toyota_c-hr_20_023600f10c180825.jpg

2 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

I wonder why they bring this up. hahahhahaha. 😂

Nothing they can find in the achievement list? The last one was in 1971?! :D 

2 hours ago, Rickster said:

Honestly, I didn't even know that my rear window cannot wind down when i bought this car, because when i buy a car, i don't check if all the windows can wind down or not 🤣. Can't be bothered about the back seats also as during that time I was single and not planning to settle down anytime soon. 

Even if i knew it during then, it will not stop me from buying it. What will stop me when i get to know the horrible reliability of the car. One of my family cars when i was younger was a Renault megane, i remembered the car as pretty reliable and has no major issues till the day it was scrapped, so i decided to give Citroen a chance....and the rest is history, no more frenchies for me.

I can confirm that you never drive across the causeway before in your DS4. Else how you going to open your rear window? :D 

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 2

1 minute ago, Carbon82 said:

I am waiting for @Jamesc to come in and post these. :D 

toyota_c-hr_hybrid_12.jpg

toyota_c-hr_121.jpg

toyota_c-hr_20_023600f10c180825.jpg

Nothing they can find in the achievement list? The last one was in 1971?! :D 

I can confirm that you never drive across the causeway before in your DS4. Else how you going to open your rear window? :D 

I did twice though in the DS4 with me and my then gf. No request to wind down rear windows before. that was like way before they implemented the wind down rear window.

↡ Advertisement