Another cry baby...

RadX

...I think by end week, 50 would have [bigcry][bigcry]

Singapore: The Workers' Party (WP) isn't just guilty of creating an "emotional dilemma" for the voters of Aljunied Group Representation Constituency (GRC), it is also "playing with the lives of over 200,000 Singaporeans" who live there, said Foreign Affairs Minister George Yeo.

In an address laden at times with emotion at the Serangoon Stadium on Saturday night, Mr Yeo, who helms the People's Action Party's (PAP) five-member team in Aljunied, questioned the motives of the WP team and hit out at its election manifesto.

"Not a single mention about what they are going to do for the people of Aljunied," he noted.

Mr Yeo added: "I think they have deeper ambitions which is to use Aljunied GRC as a platform for greater things, for greater ambitions."

The WP has urged residents to vote its team led by party leaders Low Thia Khiang and Sylvia Lim for a First World Parliament. Mr Yeo criticised the WP for saying it would unveil its plan for the constituency only after it was voted into Parliament - he likened it to "asking for a blank cheque".

He doubted that the WP team's first concern would be their residents should it win.

Politics, Mr Yeo said, should be about individuals and "improving human lives".

At this point, his eyes reddened and he choked a little as he talked about how his team in Aljunied had been addressing residents' "daily worries", be it by building covered linkways and fitness corners for old people, or fighting the scourge of "ah longs" (loan sharks).

The PAP team has drawn up detailed plans for the various groups of people living in Aljunied, he noted.

If all politicians did was make speeches and "create unhappiness and disagreement", could this be good for Singaporeans? Mr Yeo wondered. "I'm not saying we should not discuss or debate issues. These issues are very important, whether it is about housing, costs of living, transportation, healthcare costs, education," he said.

And he acknowledged that the government was not perfect. "We have shortcomings. There are areas where we must improve and put right," he said. "We must never be arrogant, we must always listen carefully, listen not only to words but understand what is inside the heart of people. Only then when we formulate policies, they will be well accepted."

His team of PAP MPs have paid "a lot of attention" to constituents' needs, he said.

As for the WP, Ms Lim was the only member who remained from the team that had contested Aljunied in 2006, he noted, wondering: How much did the Opposition party understand about the constituency?

Mr Yeo also said he has received feedback from residents who said they would spoil their votes, torn as they were over the "emotional dilemma" the WP has presented them with by fielding its strongest candidates in Aljunied.

He advised the residents against this, urging them to reflect carefully on the alternatives. "This is not an election about George Yeo versus Low Thia Khiang," said Mr Yeo.

"We are not the important ones. You are most important, because it is you who gives us the authority to represent you in Parliament. And you must be our first responsibility."

↡ Advertisement

liddat i also want to go in.////cry sure win...muahahha

lika a spoikl brat

Wah now they every time drop tears each time they speak. They must be running scared. This is really desperate. Give the man a Star Award.

Wah now they every time drop tears each time they speak. They must be running scared. This is really desperate. Give the man a Star Award.

yah lor....croc tears nia.....who would believe

to Georgie, I say this. You are a nice bloke. However, it is sad you are in the wrong circumstance.....really.....if you really mean what you say, step out and move on

(edited)

where did his money to build covered walkways and fitness corner came from?? [furious]

checking out Hougang's Town Council website.. they too built covered walkways..

Ah Long issue might have arise from the lower income suffering all these while?? [lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed]

edit: Hougang Town Council

Edited by Nhrisuzu

liddat i also want to go in.////cry sure win...muahahha

lika a spoikl brat

Can pork and me join you?

I already have a name for our team.

MoreKarchng Party.

We will give MORE to the people. And the people will give us MORE.

yah lor....croc tears nia.....who would believe

to Georgie, I say this. You are a nice bloke. However, it is sad you are in the wrong circumstance.....really.....if you really mean what you say, step out and move on

Cannot, he not WKS.

Turbocharged

I think he cried b;cos MM saboed him when saying Aljunied have 5 years to repent for their mistake if they vote for WP. Guess he realised MM Lee was the one who put the last nail in his coffin, to be hammered closed on May 7.

I thought Gangsters-Rob-Citizens off their citizens' rights to vote the candidate the citizen choose. No also blackmail/threaten citizens' lives? Quick, quick, buy life insurance policies, many-many.

...I think by end week, 50 would have [bigcry][bigcry]

Singapore: The Workers' Party (WP) isn't just guilty of creating an "emotional dilemma" for the voters of Aljunied Group Representation Constituency (GRC), it is also "playing with the lives of over 200,000 Singaporeans" who live there, said Foreign Affairs Minister George Yeo.

In an address laden at times with emotion at the Serangoon Stadium on Saturday night, Mr Yeo, who helms the People's Action Party's (PAP) five-member team in Aljunied, questioned the motives of the WP team and hit out at its election manifesto.

"Not a single mention about what they are going to do for the people of Aljunied," he noted.

Mr Yeo added: "I think they have deeper ambitions which is to use Aljunied GRC as a platform for greater things, for greater ambitions."

The WP has urged residents to vote its team led by party leaders Low Thia Khiang and Sylvia Lim for a First World Parliament. Mr Yeo criticised the WP for saying it would unveil its plan for the constituency only after it was voted into Parliament - he likened it to "asking for a blank cheque".

He doubted that the WP team's first concern would be their residents should it win.

Politics, Mr Yeo said, should be about individuals and "improving human lives".

At this point, his eyes reddened and he choked a little as he talked about how his team in Aljunied had been addressing residents' "daily worries", be it by building covered linkways and fitness corners for old people, or fighting the scourge of "ah longs" (loan sharks).

The PAP team has drawn up detailed plans for the various groups of people living in Aljunied, he noted.

If all politicians did was make speeches and "create unhappiness and disagreement", could this be good for Singaporeans? Mr Yeo wondered. "I'm not saying we should not discuss or debate issues. These issues are very important, whether it is about housing, costs of living, transportation, healthcare costs, education," he said.

And he acknowledged that the government was not perfect. "We have shortcomings. There are areas where we must improve and put right," he said. "We must never be arrogant, we must always listen carefully, listen not only to words but understand what is inside the heart of people. Only then when we formulate policies, they will be well accepted."

His team of PAP MPs have paid "a lot of attention" to constituents' needs, he said.

As for the WP, Ms Lim was the only member who remained from the team that had contested Aljunied in 2006, he noted, wondering: How much did the Opposition party understand about the constituency?

Mr Yeo also said he has received feedback from residents who said they would spoil their votes, torn as they were over the "emotional dilemma" the WP has presented them with by fielding its strongest candidates in Aljunied.

He advised the residents against this, urging them to reflect carefully on the alternatives. "This is not an election about George Yeo versus Low Thia Khiang," said Mr Yeo.

"We are not the important ones. You are most important, because it is you who gives us the authority to represent you in Parliament. And you must be our first responsibility."

Resident say they want to spoil their votes because they're torn. This is because they're not willing to vote for those who trying to get in by the back door. So GRC is a complete failure.

Why not dispose of GRC and let's say for every 5 SMC contested, one need to be represented by minority? Instead of having a big GRC? Then the resident won't need to torn between losing a Good minister and chosing some good opposition MP?

I can belieeve he is a man. A gentleman. But what is he doing among a Gangsters-Rob-Citizens team? He ought to be ashame of them. Is too shy to join other political party, form your own SMC party. Surely you we look at you again.

Apology: 1-star general = what rank?