Runners check in!

Davidklt

Turbocharged

As long as you're not in the running for a prize, there's really no pressure to keep on running if you feel unwell or not up to it on that particular day.

But sometimes these sudden death cases can come really unexpectedly... who knows whether there's any warning or symptoms beforehand?

↡ Advertisement

The thing is..runners do not know when to stop.

Rain or shine we run...

5.6km only.

During my 2 wks with dengue, i was not hospitalised. In fact, i was working that 2 wks.

In that sense, i could say i am very fit.

I totally agreed with you.

I did try a marathon totally unfit. I told myself if i start walking before 21km, i gonna take bus home. At the previous ECP McDonald, i started walking. I head straight to Marine Parade road & took a bus home.

Until the cause of his death is known, we can only speculate.

Haha at least you didn't take short cut and came in 1st like last yr's joker. At least you know when to stop. Some don't.

Back on the topic of increasing no of participants, some see it as a very 'in' thing to register for running events. Some are clueless about running and just wana have fun. But some bozos really dunno a fark what's in it for them.

Ever overheard a group of yuppies talking among themselves about their targets for std chartered. One guy boasted he ever did under 3:30. And when one girl asked about his best 10k timing, he jam for a while then say under an hour... Can tell the char bor a bit puzzled. And I almost spilled my precious beer..

less than 1 hour for 10km, i think he at the border line

probably his normal tranning is 50-55mins range.

but when come to marathon, u know runners jamming the road front u.

so he is probably somewat at borderline, time wasted trying to overtaking

Not possible at all..

If 10km already 50-55mins... very unlikely to sustain this pace through the entire 42km. Apart fr the crowd at the beginning, fatigue will likely set in to slow down your pace at the later stage.

3:30 for FM can qualify for Boston marathon liao... that guy definitely showing off to the gal lah & those not in running may buy his story.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Not possible at all..

If 10km already 50-55mins... very unlikely to sustain this pace through the entire 42km. Apart fr the crowd at the beginning, fatigue will likely set in to slow down your pace at the later stage.

3:30 for FM can qualify for Boston marathon liao... that guy definitely showing off to the gal lah & those not in running may buy his story.

That's why if wana BS must see where the wind blows 1st. Otherwise shlt fly back to his face.

to do under 3:30 must maintain less than or at 5min/km pace. say if he 10k at best give him 50min. that equates to 5min/km. If that's his litmus test i doubt he can sustain for 42km if he really thinks he can do 3:30.

btw for most with 3:30 std I'm sure they'll position themselves well before the start.

Edited by Relagsingh

Army half marathon fees are released.

I just signed up for 21km for only $12.85!

Must be the cheapest 21k in Singapore.

• Praise 1

Army half marathon fees are released.

I just signed up for 21km for only $12.85!

Must be the cheapest 21k in Singapore.

Thanks! But only NSmen have this rates.

It's was so cheap that for the 1st time I've missed a registered run and not feel heartache.

Not going to miss it this year.

My last 1/2 marathon caused my lower back pain to come back (centre lower back). In the end, I was in muscle relaxant for 2 weeks !

Anyone know any Chinese Doctor to recommend? I would like to cure it once and for all.

On hindsight, maybe due to my running posture :(

My last 1/2 marathon caused my lower back pain to come back (centre lower back). In the end, I was in muscle relaxant for 2 weeks !

Anyone know any Chinese Doctor to recommend? I would like to cure it once and for all.

Bro, take care. See doctor and listen to their advice.

Do not make the same mistake as me

i used to have low back pain after running too. I thought it was due to over training, ignored the pain and kept running as usual. One day, i felt tingling sensation down my left leg so I went for chinese massage. The chinese doctor say i should stop running and go for x-ray or MRI. I ignored that advise.

Then one day, my left leg lost it strength while running and i struggled to walk home. The next day, i had super pain from left low back to feet!! The doctor diagnosed slipped disc,ordered MRI and physiotherapy immediately. MRI confirmed disc herniation and i was out of action for few weeks before i can start walking 5km. Physio to release disc compression and core strengthening. Slowly progress from walk to slow jog. 9 months later, i am running as normal.

It was painful and expensive experience.

Edited by Sunlight
  • Praise 1

Suggest to train your core muscles, especially abs and back muscles. Look up on youtube for the trainings

• Praise 1

I have rested for more than a month, and the back ache is still there.

Will resume light jog this evening..... and see whether the pain persist or not.

Thanks, Bro for the advices :)

Went to see TCM at Annie Tiang at Katong. Spent all my WC winnings and still need to cough out :(

All in, plus the acupuncture = $130 :(

Was in pain at lower back :(

Then, the Chinese doc said, my left leg shorter by 2cm compared to right leg. Well, due to ACL ligament torn on left knee that I did not recover well. And this also affect my posture that resulted in lower back pain...

Sian :(

Can't carry my kids now, can't play with kids now, can't let them sit on my shoulders :(

Looks like a long journey to full recovery. Sian :(

Turbocharged

Wow - no posts here for three months?

That sucks

Trying to get back into running again after more than six months off...

Shall we set-up a MCF runkeeper group?

Supersonic

Could be everyone is busy with running and no time to post here? Lol. I have not been running often now, only will resume my run if there is any coming running event that i would participate.