Audi/V.W. engine oil comsumption.

ER-3682

Hi Friends,i am helping a friend,he is driving an Audi A6 with the 2L turbo engine,which is i think the same engine used in the V.W. Golf GTI,recently his car used about 1L of engine oil every 1500km,which i think is a bit too much,his mileage is 65,000km,no leak is detected,agent says it is normal,did any V.W./Audi owners here have this problem,thanks.

↡ Advertisement

Hi Friends,i am helping a friend,he is driving an Audi A6 with the 2L turbo engine,which is i think the same engine used in the V.W. Golf GTI,recently his car used about 1L of engine oil every 1500km,which i think is a bit too much,his mileage is 65,000km,no leak is detected,agent says it is normal,did any V.W./Audi owners here have this problem,thanks.

yes this is an issue....mechanics and workshops may diagnose problems differently....could be a leak could be something else

jus check the dipstick to be sure...but yr friend driving such a vehicle i think will not get down and dirty with all that lol

anyway the dipstick is an indicator...

Something is not right for sure la. Of course agent will say it is normal. Cos they don't want to spend the $ and time to find the root cause.

Neutral Newbie

It is a problem. My BIL's friend also driving an Audi got this oil lost issue. Agent changed the valves, after sometime, same problem, they might change the engine if worse comes to worse.

The pisons clearance is like few hundreds mircons ? Use 60 grade oil also burn away 1L of oil for 1500km ? Might as well run on engine oil. Cant be normal lah , agent trying to con you .

15yrs cars also wont burn away that much of EO leh .

Neutral Newbie

If after each engine oil change, the on board computer prompts the driver to top up 1 litre of engine oil say like 5000 to 6000km travelled, this is normal. If just travelled 1500km, then something might be wrong. Good to send in for a once over again just to make sure.

Just get the AD to do compression test and if unable to pinpoint the problem proceed to do the cylinder lead down test. Very simple not rocket science.

Neutral Newbie

Hi i'm encountering same problem. Almost every 2,000km the engine oil indicator blinks for my A6(2009')

and when i return to service centre the Service Advisor proudly state this is normal.

Been back almost 3 times for servicing since i took over this car 2mths ago.

Wouldn't Consider an Audi in the Future.