IOS 5

Civic2000

i think u change something to your host file

Thanks.

Any idea whe the host file is? I tried to search but could not find. Maybe I deleted it by accident?

Same here. I left my iPad on overnight to download and install ios5. This morning, I saw the error message about error to restore. Freaked me out. Disconnected iPad from my MacBook. The ipad only showed the Apple logo.

I did the next logical thing. I pressed and held the Power button and then pressed the Home button.

Reconnected the ipad to my MacBook. Nothing happened initially. Got to wait for a while. Then iTunes asked me if I want to upgrade to ios5. Phew!!!

Of course I clicked yes. iTunes backed up my ipad, restored the software and firmware, then installed all my apps, which took damn long. Now okay liao. Keeping my finger crossed.

s--t ,

upgrade liao

but cannot restore my backup

contact list gone....

keep having error when restoring....

sianz !@#!!!

have you update your Itune to 10.5?

Yes. It prompt me to update iTune first. After restart, can proceed to start the iOS update. After backup data, extract new iOS installer, it tried to restore something and prompt me that cannot contact the update server. [mad]

iTune and OSX update no problem. Just the iOS. Maybe should just update my OSX to Lion. [laugh]

Just called Apple. Surpricingly, no need to wait.

First, press 1 for English. Then, press 1 for ipod, 2 for iphone, 3 for ipad and 4 for others.

After press 2, immediately a gentleman answered the call.

He offer to check my iMac settings online but as I am in the office, cannot. So, he asked me to try turn off the firewall.

If still fail, then use a Windows PC to do the upgrade to iOS5. Then, bring back to my iMac to sync back my apps and data.

For the benefits of others, when you want to upgrade the iOS, you must sync or backup your data in your iPhone.

The installation of iOS5 will erase everything in your phone, other than the contacts and a few other things.

maybe i overwrite lo

the max i can restore is phone list + photos

apps all gone,

redownload lo

but only a few paid

those that i paid b4,

can download free right?

anyway to verify b4 i click download again ar?

ar nor

apart from icloud, which i never use

wats the difference

update: managed to redownload the paid apps, free

Last night I tried but connection was slow. So did it early this morning. Full speed, took less dan 15mins to download and another 20mins to load & restore. I unchecked a lot of my photos cos can do it later.

Camera function seems better in terms of speed. WhatsApp I already got it for free long ago when it was on offer. The restore is fantastic(maybe becos I have never done it before [:p] ) everything back to what I wanted.

Funny thing is they move all my music videos and podcast(video) all to the videos app. Reminders app is kinda extra cos I have been using calender app and notes app. Overall performance seems faster, to me it's ok.

First, press 1 for English. Then, press 1 for ipod, 2 for iphone, 3 for ipad and 4 for others.

He offer to check my iMac settings online but as I am in the office, cannot. So, he asked me to try turn off the firewall.

If still fail, then use a Windows PC to do the upgrade to iOS5. Then, bring back to my iMac to sync back my apps and data.

For the benefits of others, when you want to upgrade the iOS, you must sync or backup your data in your iPhone.

The installation of iOS5 will erase everything in your phone, other than the contacts and a few other things.

yeah i update with windows no issue.

now the funny thing is.

Iphone got issue with updating on IMac while it update perfectly fine on Windows 7?? :blink:

thought Imac belong to Apple and Win 7 belong to M$??

and Iphone is Apple product not M$ product?? :blink:

yeah i update with windows no issue.

now the funny thing is.

Iphone got issue with updating on IMac while it update perfectly fine on Windows 7?? :blink:

thought Imac belong to Apple and Win 7 belong to M$??

and Iphone is Apple product not M$ product?? :blink:

Probably pushing apple users to upgrade everything. :D

Ka ching $$$ !

Neutral Newbie

Last night I tried but connection was slow. So did it early this morning. Full speed, took less dan 15mins to download and another 20mins to load & restore. I unchecked a lot of my photos cos can do it later.

Camera function seems better in terms of speed. WhatsApp I already got it for free long ago when it was on offer. The restore is fantastic(maybe becos I have never done it before [:p] ) everything back to what I wanted.

Funny thing is they move all my music videos and podcast(video) all to the videos app. Reminders app is kinda extra cos I have been using calender app and notes app. Overall performance seems faster, to me it's ok.

Me too , keep getting -23...cant seem to find the remedy online... how....

the type of error message pop up after itunes fail to download the ios5.

Most likely the server is overwhelmed or connection not stable due to traffic. That's why I got up damn early this morning to do it. I think over the weekend also quite difficult to download. When I saw the file size it was like downloading the size of a movie 774Mb.

Most likely the server is overwhelmed or connection not stable due to traffic. That's why I got up damn early this morning to do it. I think over the weekend also quite difficult to download. When I saw the file size it was like downloading the size of a movie 774Mb.

all my DL are done in the middle or the night. all 12am singapore time then i start.

my 3GS , Ipad 2 and 4 all updated liao. :wub:

Edited by Joseph22

Neutral Newbie

Whats the number to call...i need to check with them..my error code is -23...cant find the remedy...

thanks

↡ Advertisement