BMW 1 series

HP_Lee

1 series is way way too small.

320 convertable is too underpowered (test drove before).

but i like it...almost wanted to buy but it was too expensive so i stuck to my own cheap jap car

Whether 1 series is too small, depends on number of occupant.

If most of the time 2 pax, it is more than ok.

If 2 adults + 2 kids (< 12 y/o), still more than ok.

If 2 + 2 adults, it is ok.

E93 320 definitely underpwr lah. The roof structure weight 200 - 300kg leh. Even 325 still underpwr leh.

The Sports version with 1.6T should be quite a nifty ride. Giving the VW Golf Sports a run of it's money. But price tag is quite steep, around 170K irrc.

Nice model. It has lovely looks with attractive features. This is going to be likeable by many.

Have not test drive yet. But I think is a great car for mid-life executive. As for the engine reliability, not sure. Since they are new in smaller car. Has anyone get in-depth of the engine use?

Have not test drive yet. But I think is a great car for mid-life executive. As for the engine reliability, not sure. Since they are new in smaller car. Has anyone get in-depth of the engine use?

not true, BMW owns Mini so they are pretty familiar with mini cars

The Sports version with 1.6T should be quite a nifty ride. Giving the VW Golf Sports a run of it's money. But price tag is quite steep, around 170K irrc.

It is different class compared to VW Golf Sports.

VW Golf Sport is ppl car.

1 series is marketed as luxury ka.

The ancestor of 1 series is actually E36 3 series compact In addition, E8x 1 series started from 2004 - 2011. So, BMW has good experience in this class especially E81/87 130 :wub: :wub:

Coming back to F20, its N13 is similar to Mini Cooper S except orientation of the engine has to be changed.

if you can, go for the 135(F20) or 130(older version)... the interior looks much better than the base model imo, as recommended by other forumer, if you are frequently ferrying 3 adults and above, it is advicable to go for other cars as the back is super tight, as a 1.6+ i already feel tight at the rear and that's if the driver/passenger is ard my height too....

Edited by Nonetheless

Turbocharged

Friend went to test drive 3-4 weeks back. I sat behind. he owned the previous 118 as well.

Car was good, power good. 8 spd gearbox shifts really "undetectable". Quite well equipped compare with the prev gen.

Interior quality good, space wise, ok la, more spacious then before, but still a bit tight.

Price then was $173,800 with a $6K overtrade, no much chance for nego..... no free servicing etc....

Friend like it, but chose and make/model due to overall price and "value for money-ness".

Plus for his existing car, PML quoted $5K than the dealership that he bought the new car from.

It is different class compared to VW Golf Sports.

VW Golf Sport is ppl car.

1 series is marketed as luxury ka.

Think only badge is luxury...

Too small to be a luxury car if you ask me. The interior is also nothing to shout about. In Germany, this car is targeted at the young students / city dwellers.

It's a rich man's son toy at best. A very nice expensive toy...

Think only badge is luxury...

Too small to be a luxury car if you ask me. The interior is also nothing to shout about. In Germany, this car is targeted at the young students / city dwellers.

It's a rich man's son toy at best. A very nice expensive toy...

The car comes standard 6" idrive. What other car in this size got factory installed large screen?

The car comes standard 6" idrive. What other car in this size got factory installed large screen?

Me feels that if an individual is looking for creature comforts or class top specs, he or she can look elsewhere. My case being, it (the 1 series) is a very interesting and exciting venture with a small chassis and equally expansive engine options. for purists complaining about racing platforms getting larger and bloated, the 1 series is a dark horse indeed. I have not test driven this breed yet but i am hoping to have a sense of surefootedness and nimbleness. I am looking for a very spirited drive with go kart feel if you will.

Hence my interest in the 135i.

↡ Advertisement