Jump to content

Discussion on Gout problem


LoverofCar
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Ender said:

Past gout sufferer here. Ever since I upped my running mileage more than 3 years back, not a single attack to date.  Before that was roughly once a year. 

No stupid resolution, my "Hell Week" starts today. Gym, Swim and route march if possible, got fireworks, so Route March may have to be cancelled to tomorrow. 🙂 

followed by a good movie. 😉 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Spidey10 said:

same here, used have an attack roughly once or twice a year, and then started exercising, so far so good...last 3 years only once. Is definitely the food (drinks as well) we take (just take in moderation) and keep exercising....[laugh]

Yes, exercise is important. When I was hitting the gym last year, attacks were few, gym closed and I started to LEPAK, shit hit the fan. 

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/24/2020 at 6:39 PM, Shibadog said:

I also had a bad experience at NUH orthopedics years ago when I went there regarding pain/looseness in my knee from an old injury. After doing MRI and x-ray, the consultant said he can't see what's wrong but told me to go do rehab program there [knife] Spent few mths waiting for the appt but only talk to him for 3min or so and with no outcome  :huh: He seemed more interested in talking to his understudy than in talking to me...

 

 

On 12/25/2020 at 7:11 PM, Wind30 said:

Same experience here... months waiting for appt, then the doctor seem totally bochap and super black face. 

Ortho is quite the surgical department . I've noticed that if the patient doesn't really need a procedure performed , they are not interested most of the time ( Not a money thing AFAIK in restructured hospitals ) . It's just the thought process of a surgical mind . Might be better served by a medical or rheumato specialist for such cases.

Edited by shrjun
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mazdaowner said:

Yes, exercise is important. When I was hitting the gym last year, attacks were few, gym closed and I started to LEPAK, shit hit the fan. 

i think the food we eat plays a part as well - got a few occasions, i was drinking a bit.....couple of bottles a night before going to bed....after a few days, noticed the area hurts the moment i step off my bed.....stop and then ate moderately and exercise moderately for the next few days.....it went away.

So know the symptoms and food we take....monitor these 2 and i think will be alright...

the only suffering now is looking at a cold beer and not able to have it...this is one painful thot!![laugh]

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mazdaowner said:

Yes, exercise is important. When I was hitting the gym last year, attacks were few, gym closed and I started to LEPAK, shit hit the fan. 

Cardio i presume and not weights?

Given the mutated UK strains and possibility of further lockdown, why not consider buying a stationary bike?  I read 30 mins a day of exercise will significantly cut down gout attacks. 

I bought a cross trainer following closure of gyms during Covid, i have been exercising more and in peace.

Just a thought. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, shrjun said:

Ortho is quite the surgical department . I've noticed that if the patient doesn't really need a procedure performed , they are not interested most of the time ( Not a money thing AFAIK in restructured hospitals ) . It's just the thought process of a surgical mind . Might be better served by a medical or rheumato specialist for such cases.

hahaha spot on.

No point seeing Orthopedics for gout... unless for example, for the knee, u are not sure if u have other issues.

Diagnosis is usually straightforward for them since imaging is easy for them. 
Their minds are mostly focused on Operate vs don't operate, surgeries, post surgical care/outcomes.
The surgeries are very technical, so that occupies a large amount of their headspace [laugh]

Several of my best friends are Orthopods. When u are a surgeon, u are very compartmentalised. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

I bought a cross trainer following closure of gyms during Covid, i have been exercising more and in peace.

What's a cross trainer?

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Spidey10 said:

i think the food we eat plays a part as well - got a few occasions, i was drinking a bit.....couple of bottles a night before going to bed....after a few days, noticed the area hurts the moment i step off my bed.....stop and then ate moderately and exercise moderately for the next few days.....it went away.

So know the symptoms and food we take....monitor these 2 and i think will be alright...

the only suffering now is looking at a cold beer and not able to have it...this is one painful thot!![laugh]

I stopped drinking 30 years ago, not even the occasional drink.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

An elliptical runner. I call it a low impact treadmill. 

Sibey loaded, personal elliptical machine. I put soap on the kitchen floor and hole on to the kitchen counter top and move my feet back and forth niah. 

after done, wash floor, just nice after cooking lor. 

  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Cardio i presume and not weights?

Given the mutated UK strains and possibility of further lockdown, why not consider buying a stationary bike?  I read 30 mins a day of exercise will significantly cut down gout attacks. 

I bought a cross trainer following closure of gyms during Covid, i have been exercising more and in peace.

Just a thought. 

Weights but now going to go cardio, not running, swimming. 

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I will never call it the ''rich man'' sickness.

Its actually the ''rich food man'' sickness

:grin:

On 4/30/2012 at 5:47 PM, LoverofCar said:

People

As we know, in this modern world, Gout problem is a common disease for city people...Some call it the ''rich man'' sickness...well of course I don't agree as I'm not rich and yet kana it...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gout is a metabolic imbalance. The solution is tp up metabolism as in exercise and correct dietary imbalance.

A cold beer once a month is doable. 3 cold beers in an hour, that maybe too much.

Usually a precursor to kidney problems...

Yes. Surgeons begin to forget medicine. Only the superstar surgeons can keep their medicine. I think during the interim period before becoming a rockstar, they forget DIM.

Ortho sibei shiok. Some orthos are also juliany rascally. Not the ladies of course. 

Although.

Ahem.

😁

  • Praise 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Datsun366 said:

 

Quote

Usually a precursor to kidney problems...

 

😁

Haiz... don't scare people who know this already. Poor yet kana this shit also screw up quality of life. Pain and Pain aka PAP. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Mazdaowner said:

Sibey loaded, personal elliptical machine. I put soap on the kitchen floor and hole on to the kitchen counter top and move my feet back and forth niah. 

after done, wash floor, just nice after cooking lor. 

Nolar, I bought a preowned one from an expat who lost his job during CB so it was quite a steal.

We blow thousands a month on our ride, a one-off spent on a gym machine is really not a big deal if it can buy us good health and happiness. 😂

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Datsun366 said:

Gout is a metabolic imbalance. The solution is tp up metabolism as in exercise and correct dietary imbalance.

A cold beer once a month is doable. 3 cold beers in an hour, that maybe too much.

😁

Moderation is the key.

Let's split the difference.

I will just have 1 cold beer an hour.

The middle path is the key.

:grin:

  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Mazdaowner said:

I poor but also tio

Do you know your trigger foods?

Red meat, beans, nuts, organs, seafood, eggs, alcohol?

:grin:

Pass all the evil foods to me and I will take the pain away from you.

And pass to my MIL  [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...