Please signal

Supercharged

hmm actually i like to close up the gap when i see a taxi (who fails to signal and want to just cut in like dat) tries to change lane but of cos i see situation lah whether i am able to.

am i bad? :D

You are not only bad, but also endangering yourself.

And what do you gain by doing so? Just a few secs ahead of him...worth it meh?

↡ Advertisement

You are not only bad, but also endangering yourself.

And what do you gain by doing so? Just a few secs ahead of him...worth it meh?

But DA there is many, many taxis out there who dun signal, wheels just in the lane line and leave you wonder if he is going or not?!

Supercharged

But DA there is many, many taxis out there who dun signal, wheels just in the lane line and leave you wonder if he is going or not?!

We have to see situation then give and take. The road belongs to everyone!

There are times when taxis give way to cars too! I personally encounter before, and seen them give way to others, even with passengers inside. Not all taxis are bad lah. [:)]

yah i encounter before. i still slow down alot... wait and see... then no movement... i speed up and close up the gap

We have to see situation then give and take. The road belongs to everyone!

There are times when taxis give way to cars too! I personally encounter before, and seen them give way to others, even with passengers inside. Not all taxis are bad lah. [:)]

yah i encounter nice taxi before who see me p plate give way to me.

but those bad egg taxis purposely want to cut in my lane without signal... so i dun give face loh. :ph34r:

there's alot of drivers which i always say their finger paralysed one..cannot signal. most of these i encountered often drive very agressively and dangerously. I do not want to stereo type..but be it coincidence or what..its always a BMW doing that..

and what about queue cutters? they signal still let them in?

Don't know about you guys.. But I will never let these kind in, signal or no signal.

Supercharged

possible scenarios why signal lights are not use:-

signal light not standard issue in those cars.

drivers feel that horn and HID light are the indicators to use if they want to change lane or get rid of obstacles in their path.

drivers afraid they might be mistaken for newbies if they use it esp those driving [sly] .

drivers are not aware and educated on the purpose of having and using it.

drivers who feel that their vehicle command a road presence thus no need to use.

I completely agree.

Whats the point of cutting someone up

when they signal to change lanes

to save a few seconds.

I also let people come out of side roads

I reason that I also need to come out of side

roads sometimes.

The pricks that accelerate when people

signal, they never need to change lanes?

:D

If ONLY all driver are like you [thumbsup]

Those who signaled but can't make the lane change are either.

1) too slow n indecisive to change lane.

2) side by side in tight traffic, expecting other to give way because they last minute want to change lane. Most likely took the fast lane earlier on to capitalize on the uneven traffic condition, and then expect those who diligently waited in the slow lane to give chance.

I hate no.2 drivers most.

totally agreed.

Very likely the driver didnt see the biker..the biker cannot expect the driver to see him when he is approaching that fast... Most drivers would experience this, a bike suddenly zoom pass from ur blind spot even though u already check clear... wld think this biker if kena knock deserve it due to his reckless driving style...

Yes, I once encountered a bike zooming pass my blind spot at around 80-100kph by my estimate, on a normal two lane street. Bike hero, as long as alive. If end up dead, will be reported as "he was always a safe biker" .

Those who signaled but can't make the lane change are either.

1) too slow n indecisive to change lane.

2) side by side in tight traffic, expecting other to give way because they last minute want to change lane. Most likely took the fast lane earlier on to capitalize on the uneven traffic condition, and then expect those who diligently waited in the slow lane to give chance.

I hate no.2 drivers most.

It is very common to encounter hesitant lane changers who signals and signals but not able to complete the execution, even though I have slowed down. I'll normally wait for 7-10secs before accelerating off to avoid wasting more time and hogging up traffic behind me.

Uniquely Singapore, where every lane changing is a stressful encounter.

I used to drive ECP/AYE everyday to work, & to change lane especially at the shear bridge stretch of road is very stressful during peak hours. I never had an accident there, but I can totally understand, why there was an accident every other day or so there. One short sentence, ,'Its the way people drive in Singapore'.

I have seen a British Documentary, very interesting. This guy have anger management issue....while driving. He will curse & swear whenever he drive, & all the funny stuff not unlike many of the drivers here. However, when he is not in the car, the 'aggressive behavior' is totally gone. He didn't get angry when someone bump to him, & when he queue at the ATM, he did not show the impatient behavior like when he is driving.

I think a lot of Singaporeans are like him. You do not see people shout at the person in front to walk faster right, or need to get very close to the people in front when they walk. When someone walk 10 metres in front, do you see people speed up to close the gap?

If you ask them why, you probably get a typical answer like this," If I get so close, I may bump to him leh!" What kind of stupid question is this?"

But these are exactly what many people do when they drive.

Once behind a shell, like a car, or a PC, they transform to a total different person. Suddenly, with a 'shield' they can leach out the stress & frustration that they otherwise do not dare to when they are 'naked' in front of people. That's my theory anyway. What you guys think. Are you a different person when you drive?

Edited by Kiadaw

Yes, a lot of people go from being Dr Jekyll to Mr Hyde when they get behind the wheel. I admit Iwas also like that sometimes when I was younger. I can't really explain why too, maybe it's just that when you are cocooned in your own car, it's like you are in your own world and the other vehicles on the road become either obstacles or competitors in a way.

Thankfully, I have managed to curb this attitude as I aged and nowadays, I try to be more gracious on the road as it makes me happier as well rather than being kiasu and intolerant of other drivers and spoil my mood at the end of the journey.

Neutral Newbie

there's alot of drivers which i always say their finger paralysed one..cannot signal. most of these i encountered often drive very agressively and dangerously. I do not want to stereo type..but be it coincidence or what..its always a BMW doing that..

and what about queue cutters? they signal still let them in?

Don't know about you guys.. But I will never let these kind in, signal or no signal.

I aso feel most BM dun signal.. anyway is normal to feel unfair to kena cut, but better than accident rite?

maybe someday when u need to lane change urgently.. pple will let u in..

Neutral Newbie

Yes, a lot of people go from being Dr Jekyll to Mr Hyde when they get behind the wheel. I admit Iwas also like that sometimes when I was younger. I can't really explain why too, maybe it's just that when you are cocooned in your own car, it's like you are in your own world and the other vehicles on the road become either obstacles or competitors in a way.

Thankfully, I have managed to curb this attitude as I aged and nowadays, I try to be more gracious on the road as it makes me happier as well rather than being kiasu and intolerant of other drivers and spoil my mood at the end of the journey.

Ya..when young very childish thinking,ego very high..nvr think of safety..lucky now i still here.. lol

Neutral Newbie

This is a very interesting debate. Yes indeed, alot of drivers like to stare at you regardless of what you did. after coming out of the car, when you keep looking at them, they just look away or look down.

same as, when they high beam u or horn u for whatever reason, you jio them come down talk they dont dare.

↡ Advertisement