Electric cars

Expertz

Hypersonic
On 5/1/2024 at 10:29 PM, Vratenza said:

That's why that is my one and only lexus since then😆

To me, as a previous owner of a not the entry level lexus....i can accept the toyota service parts all over the car..... But service wise..... I feel lexus is still very much a toyota in a suit. 

That may be just me. 

What I've been hearing about their service level nothing but praise leh...almost a convert...I'm a suxker for good service...at a premium which I rather not have to pay 😂

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic
On 5/1/2024 at 10:34 PM, mersaylee said:

What I've been hearing about their service level nothing but praise leh...almost a convert...I'm a suxker for good service...at a premium which I rather not have to pay 😂

Can go try lah... Told you maybe it is just me... I not their target clientele😆

Supersonic
On 5/1/2024 at 9:41 PM, 13177 said:

Your car is Lexus le, how come when you left your car for so many days in BM and yet they never provide courtesy car for you to drive? Thought Lexus customer service is very good de?

Unless you change to new Lexus every year, where got courtesy car?  Insurance also don't cover BAU repair.

Radx, who change car like changing underwear, might get a courtesy car at BMW AD for being such a BMW fanboy. 🤣😂🤣

• Haha! 6

Turbocharged
On 5/2/2024 at 1:07 PM, Voodooman said:

Unless you change to new Lexus every year, where got courtesy car?  Insurance also don't cover BAU repair.

Radx, who change car like changing underwear, might get a courtesy car at BMW AD for being such a BMW fanboy. 🤣😂🤣

BMW? Boh one lah.

Unless u driving 8 series, 7 series, X7, i7 and above then have guaranteed loaner car policy 😄

• Praise 1

1st Gear
On 4/30/2024 at 10:14 PM, Vratenza said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/more-than-800-hyundai-kia-evs-in-singapore-to-undergo-recall-for-electronics-fault

This is similar to the pcb circuit board module that failed on my lexus gs450h causing the hybrid battery to be suboptimally charged resulting in early degradation and requiring both to be replaced under warranty. 

My Assembled-in-SG Ioniq 5 ICCU already had to be replaced once before this recall lol. But heng the symptoms weren't too disastrous, the car can use and drive as normal just that cannot AC charge (DC charge was OK).

Hypersonic
On 5/2/2024 at 1:07 PM, Voodooman said:

Maybe even BMW has a so called courtesy car but ask you to pay for the rental but at a 'discounted' rate. 😅

• Praise 1

Supersonic
On 5/2/2024 at 9:49 PM, 13177 said:

Maybe even BMW has a so called courtesy car but ask you to pay for the rental but at a 'discounted' rate. 😅

Mark up high high and gives some discount? 😂. It is a good rental business. 

I know C&C used to take care of their loyal VIP customers but not sure if they still do these days.  My uncle used to be able to get a loaner car when he sent in his S class for repair and servicing.

Anyway, going to go outside for repairs / servicing with the expiry of warranty.  Everything takes 3-4 days but outside workshop can do it in 1 day. 

• Haha! 1

BMW EVs come with 4 years free charging and 10 years complimentary road tax. 👍

image.png.fa3f856f21bafe8f7ca76d9031779714.png

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

On 5/1/2024 at 10:29 PM, Vratenza said:

That's why that is my one and only lexus since then😆

To me, as a previous owner of a not the entry level lexus....i can accept the toyota service parts all over the car..... But service wise..... I feel lexus is still very much a toyota in a suit. 

That may be just me. 

Lexus is essentially a high-class rebadged Toyota 😅 

Supersonic
On 5/5/2024 at 9:02 PM, metalstream said:

5k annual road tax x10yrs= 50k minimum.... Upfront payment as lump sum discount or year on year claims? 

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
On 5/5/2024 at 9:04 PM, metalstream said:

Lexus is essentially a high-class rebadged Toyota 😅 

Basically Lexus is a Toyota, you can see Lexus car when registered in car log, the make is Toyota Lexus.

Turbocharged
On 5/5/2024 at 9:02 PM, metalstream said:

Key word is "selected" BMW EV models for the 10 yrs inclusive road tax 😄

• Shocked 1

Supersonic
(edited)
On 5/6/2024 at 9:43 AM, Lethalstrike said:

Key word is "selected" BMW EV models for the 10 yrs inclusive road tax 😄

It is all marketing gimmick lah.... all these free charging and road tax all part of the margin from the car sales price.

I rather they just give up upfront big 20-50k discount upfront and I settle all my charging and road tax myself...😁

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 6

Supersonic
On 5/6/2024 at 10:32 AM, inlinesix said:

Just as AI transforms technology, BMW redefines automotive innovation in every imaginable way. Our range of BMW Electric Vehicles guarantees a pioneering drive, future-ready from the start.

I smell bulls**t already from the 1st sentence....what has AI got to anything that follows? Just need to add "AI" to everything....

• Haha! 4

Turbocharged
On 5/6/2024 at 11:01 AM, Vratenza said:

I smell bulls**t already from the 1st sentence....what has AI got to anything that follows? Just need to add "AI" to everything....

Marketing mah. Has to add a bit of fluff 🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 5