Jump to content

CEVS ....


Civic6228
 Share

Recommended Posts

ya it is a rebate and the implementation make sense. The longer you use the car, the more "real" rebate you get. If you use less than 5 years, you are really getting only 25% of the CEVS.

No, the rebate or the ARF paid is a sunk cost liao.

 

It does not affect your selling price. That's dictated by the market.

 

So once paid its paid liao. No need to im chim about how much you lugi or tan dio based on how long u drive

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

??? how can the Parf not affect your selling cost 10 years later? This is a factually wrong statement if I intend to scrap the car after 10 years. The rebate on Arf DIRECTLY affect my selling cost 10 years later

I'm referring to your point of using for less than 5 years, how much real % of rebate.

 

If I buy now at 100k based on 53k COE, and I sell my car in 5 years based on 50% as a rough guide, I get 50k.

 

and if COE shoots up after 5 years to 90k, resulting in a new car price of 140k, based on market pricing I may be able to sell my car at 70k based on a similar rough guide. When new car price rises, used car rises too although not in tandem.

 

This happens no matter what CEVS rebate or surcharge. That's what I mean.

 

Of course if I use the full 10 years, it does affect due to PARF.

Edited by Theoldjaffa
Link to post
Share on other sites

What you quoted me saying was before CEVS considration, it's 10k PARF.  I'm aware PARF is usually 50% of ARF but with CEVS, it's different.

CEVS "rebate" is early withdrawal of PARF.

 

I'm open to clarification.

 

 

Ok, I read all the online documents on this and I think you got this wrong.

 

If the ARF is 20k and you got CEVS of 5k, your parf at the end of 10 years should be 50% of the ARF paid which is 7.5k instead of 10k. So the actual rebate is closer to $2.5k unless you intend to drive the car for longer than 10 years. 

 

errr... can someone confirm this? Reo's way of calculation makes no sense as the rebate is inconsistent, ie you can get a case if the CEVS is 15k with ARF 20k... you end up with -5k Parf?????

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What you quoted me saying was before CEVS considration, it's 10k PARF. I'm aware PARF is usually 50% of ARF but with CEVS, it's different.

CEVS "rebate" is early withdrawal of PARF.

 

I'm open to clarification.

No.

 

How do you take back something which you didn't pay for in the first place?

Link to post
Share on other sites

The rule is you get back 50% of ARF paid after 10 years. If you paid 20k ARF, you get 10k back.

 

The CEVS rebate is a rebate given to offset the ARF. If there's a 10k rebate, the ARF paid to the govt is 10k.

 

 

 

From your 2 statements above, what happens to your ARF and PARF if your vehicle attracts say a 10k surcharge ?

 

No.

 

How do you take back something which you didn't pay for in the first place?

 

Huh, can you be more specific what you didn't pay for in the first place ?

 

Before CEVS consideration (mean before we factor in CEVS), you pay an ARF, and you get back later a portion of it when you de-reg.  No?

Edited by Reo
Link to post
Share on other sites

The joke about CEVS is, when the car has a rebate, you get lesser PARF. When the car has a surcharge, it doesn't get added to your PARF value.

  • Praise 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

The joke about CEVS is, when the car has a rebate, you get lesser PARF. When the car has a surcharge, it doesn't get added to your PARF value.

 

That's the other point I didn't mention earlier.  They are not losing money at all.  On the other hand, they're pocketing more money from CEVS surcharge so we can perhaps buy more Terrex.

Link to post
Share on other sites

From your 2 statements above, what happens to your ARF and PARF if your vehicle attracts say a 10k surcharge ?

 

 

Huh, can you be more specific what you didn't pay for in the first place ?

 

Before CEVS consideration (mean before we factor in CEVS), you pay an ARF, and you get back later a portion of it when you de-reg.  No?

A surcharge means u pay that surcharge. if it's 10k it gets paid 10k to the govt. it does not add on to your ARF, and so a surcharge has no impact on your PARF.

 

when i say how to take back something you didn't pay for in the first place, it's referring to your statement "CEVS "rebate" is early withdrawal of PARF."

 

Assuming ARF is 20k

without CEVS rebate = PARF of 10k

with CEVS rebate of 10k = PARF of 5k

 

you pay more in the first place, you get back more in PARF.

you pay less in the first place due to CEVS rebate, you get back less in what you paid for originally.

 

why do you say CEVS rebate is early withdrawal of PARF? you don't take back any of the 10k which you didn't pay for in the first place.

Edited by Theoldjaffa
Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no point to discuss further if you've not done some digging on the LTA website to clarify your doubt earlier.  What do you think happens to OMV, ARF, PARF if it's not CEVS neutral?  What if there's a CEVS surcharge ?  Go check it out.

 

I'm here to help you understand.  If you refuse to want to understand, I've done my part.

 

By the way, if the vehicle is before 2013, what I said earlier may not apply.

 

 

 

Alamak this is very simple.

 

OMV=20k

CEVS=5k

 

so what is PARF after 10 years? I say $7.5k, you say $5k. Who is right?

 

Unless my english fail me, I think it is $7.5k. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A surcharge means u pay that surcharge. if it's 10k it gets paid 10k to the govt. it does not add on to your ARF, and so a surcharge has no impact on your PARF.

 

when i say how to take back something you didn't pay for in the first place, it's referring to your statement "CEVS "rebate" is early withdrawal of PARF."

 

Assuming ARF is 20k

without CEVS rebate = PARF of 10k

with CEVS rebate of 10k = PARF of 5k

 

you pay more in the first place, you get back more in PARF.

you pay less in the first place due to CEVS rebate, you get back less in what you paid for originally.

 

why do you say CEVS rebate is early withdrawal of PARF? you don't take back any of the 10k which you didn't pay for in the first place.

 

Say ARF is 20k before CEVS.  If CEVS surcharge is 10k, your ARF is now 30k.

But your PARF remains 50% of the "original" ARF which is still 10k in this case.

 

I thought I said in the top part clearly that ARF (at least a portion of 50% or whatever) is upfront payment to be refunded as PARF after de-reg.

 

So what you didn't pay upfront again?  

 

I said it's a early withdrawal because that's the way it is.  I'm open to clarification with facts and not something one refused to accept the reality.

 

Of course, above referring to after 2013

Link to post
Share on other sites

Say ARF is 20k before CEVS.  If CEVS surcharge is 10k, your ARF is now 30k.

 

this sentence sums up your misguided thoughts.

 

you think you are here to help us understand; in truth you are confusing us.

 

it's not that we refuse to understand, its that we refuse to accept fallacies.

 

This is from LTA:

From 1 Jan 2013, subject to a minimum ARF payable of $5000, cars with low carbon emissions will qualify for rebates, which are offset against the ARF payable.

 

From 1 Jul 2013, cars with high carbon emissions will incur a corresponding registration surcharge. The CEVS surcharge will not be eligible for Preferential Additional Registration Fee (PARF) benefit, if any.

 

Based on the scenario you mentioned, ARF is still 20k, not 30k. It's a surcharge on its own, period. It's not added on to ARF. So even with 10k surcharge, your ARF is 20k, not 30k. Therefore, PARF remains 50% of 20k = 10k. can? 

 

Source: https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/buy_a_new_vehicle/car_cost/_jcr_content/main_par/download/file.res/Car_Cost_Update.pdf

 

See footnote 5 in the last page (page 10)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Say ARF is 20k before CEVS.  If CEVS surcharge is 10k, your ARF is now 30k.

But your PARF remains 50% of the "original" ARF which is still 10k in this case.

 

I thought I said in the top part clearly that ARF (at least a portion of 50% or whatever) is upfront payment to be refunded as PARF after de-reg.

 

So what you didn't pay upfront again?  

 

I said it's a early withdrawal because that's the way it is.  I'm open to clarification with facts and not something one refused to accept the reality.

 

Of course, above referring to after 2013

 

Bro.. do have a look at the website on CEVS by LTA..

I really think you have your facts the other round..

I think you have confused yourself and you will get a rude shock when you scrap your car, so please check it out first ya?

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wat is YAWN?

 

you always want nothing? Haha

nothing in particular

 

just unscramble ynwa since i not liverpool fan

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...