Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

I had a dealing with CARS INN CREDIT PTE LTD before, here's my unhappy story:

1) Upon buying, salesman tell me he will give me all the service records the car has. However on the day of car collection, I was not given any service records, and was told the admin will prepare it for me and contact me when ready. Well it didn't happen.

2) No breakdown cost on my down payment, was just quoted a lump sum. Same reason as above, admin will prepare and contact me when ready. After probing the salesman further, found out they charge me 800+ for admin fee, and 2600+ for insurance. I contact the insurance company directly and found out that my insurance premium is 2000+.

They have yet to back get back to me on all these, keep telling me admin will get back to me.

Your admin fees v exp .. Whah , they bluff u on the ins money .. This is too much ...

↡ Advertisement

Rules of Thumb:

1. Do research, insist on AA inspection

2. Cheap, may have hidden cost e.g. admin fee

3. Don't depend on words of mouth, put everything in written

Apparently some industry players told me, the result can be "pre-determined"... [thumbsdown]

Apparently some industry players told me, the result can be "pre-determined"... [thumbsdown]

That's true for Viacom and STA inspection, AAA is very detailed and non-bias.

Which is why car dealer will give excuses not to go for AAA inspections.

Edited by Carnoob
  • Praise 1

That's true for Viacom and STA inspection, AAA is very detailed and non-bias.

Which is why car dealer will give excuses not to go for AAA inspections.

AA becum AAA [laugh]

Maciam batteries.

Turbocharged

AA becum AAA [laugh]

Maciam batteries.

Maciam batteries ok.. Not cup size can liaozz.. Hahaha. AA very detailed. They even tell u which part of the car has thicker paint as compared to the rest.. Indicating possibly respray aft accident.. Edited by TJX
  • Praise 7

I had a dealing with CARS INN CREDIT PTE LTD before, here's my unhappy story:

1) Upon buying, salesman tell me he will give me all the service records the car has. However on the day of car collection, I was not given any service records, and was told the admin will prepare it for me and contact me when ready. Well it didn't happen.

2) No breakdown cost on my down payment, was just quoted a lump sum. Same reason as above, admin will prepare and contact me when ready. After probing the salesman further, found out they charge me 800+ for admin fee, and 2600+ for insurance. I contact the insurance company directly and found out that my insurance premium is 2000+.

They have yet to back get back to me on all these, keep telling me admin will get back to me.

cars inn credit has been 'sticker'. go there at your own risk.

• Praise 1

Hi, anyone trade in your old ride with dealer and normally how long they (dealer) take to cancel your old ride insurance ? It have been over 1 week plus and Juz now then I knew that our old insurance is still in force . We even recd letter from lta stating the trf of ownership of the old ride last fri .

in that case, the dealer 100% never bother to help you cancel your old insurance policy. you have to diy then. bring along your original policy to the insurance co. customer service and cancel the policy. you will receive the rebated insurance premium after 6-8weeks.

in that case, the dealer 100% never bother to help you cancel your old insurance policy. you have to diy then. bring along your original policy to the insurance co. customer service and cancel the policy. you will receive the rebated insurance premium after 6-8weeks.

Ya lor , n the dealer took the original cert from me .. I called up the ins co n told them what happen n they email me a form to declare I lost my cert n they let me cancel it .. Already took back my money .. Thank you ..

Turbocharged

Am reading into this Part 1 & 2 forum. Tis is my virgin post. My car is due to end its life end of next month, Nov. Am comtemplating to get a 2nd hand car continental car of about 7 years old. Anyone got experience with JDM Cars in Turf City to share. kum sia.

Nowadays dealers price is competitive...

But when u enter their office to do paperwork then

They say abt admin fees that go from $500-$1000 n of course more if u want

To do in- house loans etc.....

So it really piss me off w this admin fee thing when transfer

Can be done online or w the minimum sum paid to a despatch rider

Just sharing...

Am reading into this Part 1 & 2 forum. Tis is my virgin post. My car is due to end its life end of next month, Nov. Am comtemplating to get a 2nd hand car continental car of about 7 years old. Anyone got experience with JDM Cars in Turf City to share. kum sia.

7 years old conti car?

i would advise you to send to workshop for a full health check up and u have to be prepared to fork out $$$ for repairs/wear n tear later on.

do consider carefully:)

Turbocharged

7 years old conti car?

i would advise you to send to workshop for a full health check up and u have to be prepared to fork out $$$ for repairs/wear n tear later on.

do consider carefully:)

Thanks or ur advice. Reason to buy d car is to tie over to the next ample supply of COE, possibly 1st quarter next year. To minimize the repairs cost, will get from one of the big or reputable dealer. After reading and gaining from this thread, will definitely send to AA for inspection. Thinking of getting a S60

Volvo.

Btw, have read from one of the threads, JDM service is questionable. Just to share.

Thanks or ur advice. Reason to buy d car is to tie over to the next ample supply of COE, possibly 1st quarter next year. To minimize the repairs cost, will get from one of the big or reputable dealer. After reading and gaining from this thread, will definitely send to AA for inspection. Thinking of getting a S60

Volvo.

Btw, have read from one of the threads, JDM service is questionable. Just to share.

If Volvo, please get it check properly:p

to share more, can chat over pm:)

Neutral Newbie

Please share more info regarding this..thanks alot guys

Why not share your story out here in full instead of running everything through PM?

Those on open forum but asking others to PM for such things seems to me like

1. Covert advertisement for own services

2. Running a scam

I'm not saying you're doing either, but if you have nothing to hide, why not just share with other drivers too? Since it should benefit most of the drivers / consumers around.

please share your experience so others can really benefit from it..

Newbie here....if 2nd hand dealer is not under CASE credited company Does lemon law covers? Enlighten me please experienced ones

Lemon law covers both Case credited & non case credited companies. The dif is that if bought from a Case credited company, there is a channel for you to seek redress for a uresolved dispute.

↡ Advertisement