Jump to content

Very different steering feel


Silklee
 Share

Recommended Posts

can adjust whether want comfort or dynamic, even dynamic still lighter, tried 7 series also not that heavy

 

But.. I believe.. compared to the 7.. yours should be lighter?

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course I know there is still a mechanical connection [laugh]

 

What I'm saying is, the feel of electric power steering can be tweaked electronically, something which cannot be done for mechanical power steering.

But the feedback will never be as good. I think all are electric steering now anyway except a few models like Alfa 159

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

stream and civic 1.8 have very responsive steering and they are based on hydraulic steering system

 

Both cars are equipped with Electric Power Steering

Link to post
Share on other sites

first time i drove my latio, i turned so hard that it hit the turn lock with a loud thud. thot i damaged it ... thats cos i was driving pre-fl sunny that is much heavier. civic is right in between light and heavy so good for most folks. e90 feels a tad heavy when i first drove but after a while, so used to it, i sometimes wished it was heavier. damn solid at higher speed cos i think steering feel stiffen when above 130.

Link to post
Share on other sites

But.. I believe.. compared to the 7.. yours should be lighter?

yah i think so, by the way i dun really remember anymore since i sold my A8 but for sure my current ride light steering

Link to post
Share on other sites

But the feedback will never be as good. I think all are electric steering now anyway except a few models like Alfa 159

Yes yes i agree.. i have driven cars with EPS and hydraulic power steering, I still prefer the feedback from the hydraulic power steering. Anyway my current kimchi car is on hydraulic power steering.

Link to post
Share on other sites

yah i think so, by the way i dun really remember anymore since i sold my A8 but for sure my current ride light steering

 

wow.. okay.. so.. when S-Class coming in? [rolleyes][:p]

Link to post
Share on other sites

simi s class? haha this year coming in but not sure which month. anyway cant afford it, i just nice able to afford a used RX :o:D

 

hahaha.. get the current S Class la.. the new one.. I dont really fancy it's design.. [idea][idea]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I don't like light steering. If I have to adapt to lighter steering I can do it. But given a choice I try not to buy car with light steering.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the new one, look cool

 

Waiting to see it at C&C.. Pics online didnt convince me.. maybe real life can convincE? Oh well.. cant afford it anyway.. :ph34r:

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...